forum

Favorite Mappers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
laport
Who are your favorite mappers regarding mapping style? (Not who maps your favorite songs or is a great conversation)
I narrowed my pick down to these mappers:

100pa-, v2b, K-S-O, Hitoshirenu Shourai, Lesjuh, Darri, val0108, awp, Starrodkirby86, Gens, galvenize, Doomsday, Yes, whymeman, Spinboxer, 0_o, DJPop, Sousei, charles445, mm201, soulfear, tsuka, ShaggoN, Gladi, jackylam5, eyup, Larto, Alace, Mafiamaster, LuigiHann, CXu, Kyshiro, mtmcl, Reisen Udongein, Sushi, khalifa father, CDFA, burai, SapphireGhost, Card N'FoRcE, DiamondCrash, Gcode, Kingcobra52, Zatoichi, foulcoon, ztrout, friendok, Ash, Rolled, James, lukewarmholiday, EEeee, JarJarJacob, Cheesewarlock, Moonfragrance, Kharl, Zelos, Launchedthousandship, ziin, BluOxy, Saturio, Hollow Wings, Mara, happy30, Seibei4211.
Green Platinum
Should probably be in G&R
B1rd
Not bad taste.
Rilene
All creative mappers.
Rizumu Tenshi

Green Platinum wrote:

How exactly? Yes it's osu!-related, but it's not a gameplay showcase or however you say it, or a challenge, but he's asking who is each poster's favourite mapper. Just a question, nothing else.

OT: Snow Note & Ekoro, but I pick only select masterpieces e.g EYES OF DEVILELIET (Kite) and Everything will freeze (Ekoro). I wouldn't really pick up one as my favourite. Feel free to shun me for the bad taste, but mappers are getting worse ever since HanzeR landed with Miss You, and Charles445 changed since Liquid. Snow Note doesn't rank maps anymore (why :( ) so I have to stick to very few selections like Red Goose and Disconnected Hardkore (and Snow Note NOT Shiirn).
Snow Note = 7odoa
Green Platinum

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

How exactly? Yes it's osu!-related, but it's not a gameplay showcase or however you say it, or a challenge, but he's asking who is each poster's favourite mapper. Just a question, nothing else.
Because that's where OP will get a greater response for the thread. It is a perfectly acceptable thread for G&R, hell there probably already is one.
B1rd

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

OT: Snow Note & Ekoro, but I pick only select masterpieces e.g EYES OF DEVILELIET (Kite) and Everything will freeze (Ekoro). I wouldn't really pick up one as my favourite. Feel free to shun me for the bad taste, but mappers are getting worse ever since HanzeR landed with Miss You, and Charles445 changed since Liquid. Snow Note doesn't rank maps anymore (why :( ) so I have to stick to very few selections like Red Goose and Disconnected Hardkore (and Snow Note NOT Shiirn).
Snow Note = 7odoa
>Ekoro's Everything Will Freeze is a masterpiece
>implying Miss You is bad
>implying Shiirn is a bad mapper

I would say your opinion is trash but Snow Note is a good mapper.
Rizumu Tenshi

B1rd wrote:

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Snow Note & Ekoro, but I pick only select masterpieces e.g EYES OF DEVILELIET (Kite) and Everything will freeze (Ekoro). I wouldn't really pick up one as my favourite. Feel free to shun me for the bad taste, but mappers are getting worse ever since HanzeR landed with Miss You, and Charles445 changed since Liquid. Snow Note doesn't rank maps anymore (why :( ) so I have to stick to very few selections like Red Goose and Disconnected Hardkore (and Snow Note NOT Shiirn).
Snow Note = 7odoa
>Ekoro's Everything Will Freeze is a masterpiece
>implying Miss You is bad
>implying Shiirn is a bad mapper

I would say your opinion is trash but Snow Note is a good mapper.
Read the topic for Everything will freeze and you'll get what I mean. And no, I simply prefer Snow Note over Shiirn (Shiirn isn't bad tbh, but not as good as Snow Note).
Say, how is Miss You good, let alone it's ranked? And Charles actually ranted on its streams and how bad a stream made of spaced groups of two 1/4s is (see wh and AiAe if you need more examples). I'll say they're acceptable if, for instance, guitar streams are basically two of each musical note in the streams (like, take a Sol# and make two 1/4s, followed instantly by two 1/4s of a Mi, repeat, those can see the HanzeR streams) (hard to explain, try listening to DragonForce), but only if they're spaced enough and this depends on how intense the streams are. I've probably chattered, but that's how it is.

By the way, I mean by Everything will freeze that certain difficulty, Time Freeze. Ekoro has the right to say his mapset is all about that difficulty, which is simply driven by the song's intensity (UNDEAD CORPORATION, y'know), only with simple patterns but boosted by its BPM, hence its Star Rating of 7.65 and reward pp of 705 for the 100%.
Shohei Ohtani

laport wrote:

Who are your favorite mappers regarding mapping style? (Not who maps your favorite songs or is a great conversation)
I narrowed my pick down to these mappers:

100pa-, v2b, K-S-O, Hitoshirenu Shourai, Lesjuh, Darri, val0108, awp, Starrodkirby86, Gens, galvenize, Doomsday, Yes, whymeman, Spinboxer, 0_o, DJPop, Sousei, charles445, mm201, soulfear, tsuka, ShaggoN, Gladi, jackylam5, eyup, Larto, Alace, Mafiamaster, LuigiHann, CXu, Kyshiro, mtmcl, Reisen Udongein, Sushi, khalifa father, CDFA, burai, SapphireGhost, Card N'FoRcE, DiamondCrash, Gcode, Kingcobra52, Zatoichi, foulcoon, ztrout, friendok, Ash, Rolled, James, lukewarmholiday, EEeee, JarJarJacob, Cheesewarlock, Moonfragrance, Kharl, Zelos, Launchedthousandship, ziin, BluOxy, Saturio, Hollow Wings, Mara, happy30, Seibei4211.
Oh wowie i actually made it onto a list of someones favorite mappers

It only took 6 years lol
HappyRocket88
Skystar, Andrea and Milan-
Kyouren
Twinsiegraz's best mapper god!

(Mao x Desperate-kun x Sieg x Regraz)
Haruto
~ cRyo[iceeicee] ~, ~ Monstrata ~, Skystar, Ipas, Fycho, Fort and Many More :3
Chaosemerald
Blue Dragon, Charles445, Larto and Andrea
Birdy
Top 3 would be Starrodkirby86, mtmcl and Larto.

Some others include Ex Boy, Crazy Jay, DJPop, Mafiamaster, darrihuka, Shinxyn, Lesjuh, GladiOol, happy30, fergas, Odaril, -100pa, galvenize, Reikin, Card N'FoRcE and Natteke.
chaee
Pishifat, mazzerin, fycho, grumd, RLC, dkun, and noise ♥
[ ] Jhin
HOLLOW WINGS, Awaken hands down, also C'ryo for free pp songs
chaee

Akatsukie wrote:

Of course your taste in mappers is all cancer. That hollow wings, PUH LEASE.
Rilene

chaee wrote:

Akatsukie wrote:

Of course your taste in mappers is all cancer. That hollow wings, PUH LEASE.
But those maps were creative.
Awaken maps were playable for most of the players though, or maybe I haven't checked all of his map yet.
Myxo

gokugohan12468 wrote:

Desperate-kun
:3

For my favourite mappers... Well let me choose five so I don't just copy the box from my userpage:

Mao, Larto, D33d, fanzhen0019, Rue

Yeah I think I can live with that even though there are MANY more...
Cyclohexane
Charles445

everyone else is garbage

okay maybe not crazy jay, nyquill, nakagawa-kanon, yeahyeahyeahhh, lesjuh, muya, icebeam, la cataline, tieff, natteke, niva, helloscv, holoaz, but still.