forum

Do you think I'm overranked?

posted
Total Posts
show more
ithgyu
LOL obviously there is a very close relationship between rank and skill, people just say otherwise because they mad cus bad. No but seriously, if you have 2 players of different ranks, much more commonly the higher ranked player will be "better" (in quotation marks because there are many different aspects that can make a player good, so better means in the eyes of the objective referee). People who are lower ranked and better that a person who is not too close to their rank, are the outliers.
Minhtam
If you do not deserve your rank, then it means you cheated.

You did not cheat. Therefore you deserve your rank.

#logic.
chainpullz

II Jelli II wrote:

LOL obviously there is a very close relationship between rank and skill, people just say otherwise because they mad cus bad. No but seriously, if you have 2 players of different ranks, much more commonly the higher ranked player will be "better" (in quotation marks because there are many different aspects that can make a player good, so better means in the eyes of the objective referee). People who are lower ranked and better that a person who is not too close to their rank, are the outliers.
Skill is the dual to rank. Thus skill is an upper bound on rank and rank is a lower bound on skill. In practice the duality gap is extremely large for most players.
Rilene
If you full combo with >95% accuracy at Daidai Genome's Insane, you are already overranked.
Accurian
Being overranked in osu! isn't possible. If you've earned pp, you deserve it. Games like Dota, its more likely to be overranked as it's also dependent on your teammates being good or bad, or in CS:GO where you can be carried into a high skill bracket without having to be good at the game, but in osu! where everything is solely based on your own performance, it's not really possible to be overranked.
Yuudachi-kun

Sirade wrote:

If you full combo with >95% accuracy at Daidai Genome's Insane, you are already overranked.
Stupid nomod players
Ninonuko

Sirade wrote:

od 9.75 is hard to acc and....

Khelly wrote:

Stupid nomod players
Yuudachi-kun
9.666666666666666666666666666 actually
Ninonuko
Risa
Rank is accurate for measuring how much pp someone farms, not how skilled someone is. So rly who cares abt rank.
ZenithPhantasm

Ninonuko wrote:

Wiki is not a reliable source. Didnt they teach you that in middle school?
Roxy Lalonde
people only complain about overrankedness when they can't play with another person's mods in multis

thats why freemods exists folks

im a spunout player and proud. stupid nomod players.
Rilene
I'm HT player, do I suck and overranked or underranked?
Ninonuko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Ninonuko wrote:

Wiki is not a reliable source. Didnt they teach you that in middle school?
No, I learnt it myself since schools here are retarded .
Couldn't find any better source so I used this https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Song_Setup#Overall_Difficulty
A Medic
Not really because you have crazy hard maps fc'ed with 98/99 percent accuracy. I think you're fine dude.
vsprite

timemon wrote:

Why do people compare no mod players with DT players? Like, no mod players will do better on no mod while DT players will do better on DT.

If you think DT players are unskilled that much. You should beat their scores first.
I do better on both lel. Am I gud now
ZenithPhantasm

vsprite wrote:

timemon wrote:

Why do people compare no mod players with DT players? Like, no mod players will do better on no mod while DT players will do better on DT.

If you think DT players are unskilled that much. You should beat their scores first.
I do better on both lel. Am I gud now
Cant beat C in no mod
vsprite
How to beat god?
The Gambler

vsprite wrote:

How to beat god?
Goku much?

Just saiyan...
byfar