forum

What is a good mouse for osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
riceneega
Currently right now I am using the Corsair M65 RGB, and I am disliking it. I am looking for a new mouse but I don't know what to get. My friends suggested these to me :
Steelseries Rival
Logitech G502
Logitech G400s
Logitech G402
Logitech 303

Someone please tell me whats a good mouse to use for osu.
Arigatō :)
Raniemi
I think that the G502 is a the best from your list but the others aren't bad either
timemon
G402 because im broke
Vio
You should pick it according to your grip style and hand size, but all those mice are excellent. Personally I would pick the G303.
ZenithPhantasm
G402. Every other mouse besides that on the list has their own little gay issues that are a big deal (atleast in my opinion)
G502: Brick mouse
G400S: Smoothing galore!!! Also stupidly high LOD
G303: W0w y u no work properly

Steelseries Rival: Crap rebranded kailh switches, doesnt even have PTFE skates, terrible bloat software, weighs like a brick, sensor isnt as snappy at any of the Logitech mice.
dung eater
razer da2013 is gud
A Medic
A friend of mine swears by the G402.

Prior to that he had shitty Razor mouse.

Stay away from razor products.
FieryLight
If you spin big fast circles on the 402 it'll eff up because it uses a gyroscope when you go too fast. All this mice on your list are pretty good so just see which shape fits your hand best
TakuMii

FieryLight wrote:

If you spin big fast circles on the 402 it'll eff up because it uses a gyroscope when you go too fast. All this mice on your list are pretty good so just see which shape fits your hand best
fyi it's practically impossible to reach even 1/4 of that speed if you're just playing osu
Infevo

AmaiHachimitsu
ZenithPhantasm

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?pli=1

Go for the best shape
Thats outdated. Doesn't include any of the 2015 mice.
DiSSneyVACation
Steelseries Kana v2 for smaller hands and if you aren't too noble to use a more flimsy feeling mouse (for me it doesn't feel like that at all but many say that)
For right hand the right button might need a bit to get used to. I use it in palm grip so..yeah
ZenithPhantasm
Pretty much every Steelseries mouse is bad.
Topic Starter
riceneega

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Pretty much every Steelseries mouse is bad.
I guess I'll buy the G402 then
NixXSkate
Just so you know, Zenny is extremely picky with mice and many of the mice he's against is perfectly fine for osu! usage
Endaris

NixXSkate wrote:

Just so you know, Zenny is extremely picky with mice and many of the mice he's against is perfectly fine for osu! usage
G402 is still awesome 8-)
ZenithPhantasm

NixXSkate wrote:

Says the guy who spent hundreds of dollars on mice. Y u hef 2 be hypocrite.
ZenithPhantasm

Endaris wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

G402 is still awesome 8-)
Stiff cable but easily replaceable. Its a design flaw imo but something that can be easily fixed in 5 minutes.
Danger Melon

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

What issues have you had if I may ask? :o
ZenithPhantasm

Danger Melon wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

What issues have you had if I may ask? :o
1. Terrible shape
2. Retardedly low LOD with no option to raise it
3. Terrible shape
4. Apparently a lot of batches have loose lens/rattle
5. Terrible shape
6. Mouse feet bezels scrapes on mousepad
7. Terrible shape
8. Surface calibration makes tracking arguably worse
I Give Up
^ What about g302?

My problem with many of "best mouse" is weight a bit too heavy for my fingers I look for lighter option (:
ZenithPhantasm

KukiMonster wrote:

^ What about g302?

My problem with many of "best mouse" is weight a bit too heavy for my fingers I look for lighter option (:
Same issues as G303 minus the surface calibration and super low LOD issue. Adds new issue of the mouse wobbling due to the lack of side skates that the G303 has, really stiff cable, and low PCS (doesn't matter for osu, only problematic if you're a low senser in fps games)
Danger Melon

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

1. Terrible shape
2. Retardedly low LOD with no option to raise it
3. Terrible shape
4. Apparently a lot of batches have loose lens/rattle
5. Terrible shape
6. Mouse feet bezels scrapes on mousepad
7. Terrible shape
8. Surface calibration makes tracking arguably worse
I can agree with the LOD being too low, but coming from the massive mouse I was using before the shapes amazing to me... although I think a knife would feel better than using a redragon mammoth.
ZenithPhantasm
G303 gives me hand cramps after about ~10 minutes.
I can't claw grip it because the butt of the mouse is too small and not rounded. I cant palm grip it either because it is too small. The right side of the mouse doesn't support my fingers for fingertip so I am forced to use a clawtip grip. As you can see its not very comfortable at all and very taxing for my forearm.
Also I forgot mention that the G303 has a variable fps depending on how fast you physically move the mouse. It starts out at 3000fps (small movements) iirc and ramps up to 12000fps (swinging mouse around like madman). It does not change smoothing, instead the fps jumps to the next step as you cross each fps step's thresholds and back. It may make tracking feel weird depending on how sensitive you are to such changes.
Qenomo
I have a deathadder 2013 and have had it for over 2 years now. It gets the occasinal time where it stops sensing, however this may just be due to an uncalibrated surface. I recalibrated my surface and it seems to be fine. Although many people see the mouse as a palm grip mouse. It works very well as a fingetip grip mouse. Even ScreaM from csgo uses it with fingertip grip.
ZenithPhantasm

PheysHunt wrote:

I have a deathadder 2013 and have had it for over 2 years now. It gets the occasinal time where it stops sensing, however this may just be due to an uncalibrated surface. I recalibrated my surface and it seems to be fine. Although many people see the mouse as a palm grip mouse. It works very well as a fingetip grip mouse. Even ScreaM from csgo uses it with fingertip grip.
ScreaM uses a claw grip and the DA 2013 isn't a very good mouse in my eyes. The only reason why "insert good CS:GO player here" uses "insert not so amazing mouse here" is because of sponsors who REQUIRE them to use their particular line of products. The only team with a sponsorship that is happy is probably C9 who get to use the latest and greatest from Logitech aka the only company who knows what the fuck they're doing in terms of performance. Now if only they can fire the guy who designed the retarded shapes.

Also: Nice necropost.
show more