In memorial of our fallen hero
buny

chainpullz wrote:

Filthy HR farmer, I have my eyes on you. >:(
nice photoshop
Mahogany
Buny why do you always sound pissed off when you talk about DT
NixXSkate
Because people complain that it's broken even though players above rank 1500 will think otherwise, but the players below that rank will continue to think that DT is broken for all the players.

Everytime I hear someone say that hvick is a "filthy DT farmer" I want to smack the shit out of them
-Makishima S-

buny wrote:

It's hilarious reading posts from 5 digit players complaining about over weighted scores, and then making the most bias comparison of maps (maps they probably can't even finish), discrediting anybody with those scores.

But what do I know, I'm just a filthy mid ranked dt farmer that doesn't understand the struggles of the lower ranked nomod community, sorry for making you go down a rank
Cba to discuss with you, don't want to get braindamage right now. Cut this already when you don't read a shit but complain like a little bitch. Nothing inteligent to add for discussion... EoT for me, tough it will end up with nice discussion but looks like it will never happend. Bye.

It always amaze me when high ranked player insteed of showing off some inteligent arguments and being a moral example for the rest turn into toxic shit like you, more, try to turn topic into toxic place by this. Then community complain about others being toxic when there is noone to show that you actualy don't need to be toxic and salty at all but discuss in human and intelligent way. Too hard for your little shitty brain, apperently.

//ignore, eot for me
Minhtam

NixXSkate wrote:

Because people complain that it's broken even though players above rank 1500 will think otherwise, but the players below that rank will continue to think that DT is broken for all the players.

Everytime I hear someone say that hvick is a "filthy DT farmer" I want to smack the shit out of them
No, there's a good reason for that - at Insane and Expert difficulties, DT and HR are pretty balanced in terms of PP. However, at the Hard difficulty, a SS on a Hard difficulty song (that would be 2.5-2.6* at no-mod) would give way too much PP compared to a SS on a no-mod 4.1-4.2* map. So on the Hard difficulty range, DT is heavily overweighted, which gives the player base that think "DT is broken" justification that it actually is. And wouldn't you know it - the majority of players that religiously play this game would be in the Hard difficulty range.

I know better, since I know OD plays a huge role in how PP is allocated, but just because I know that doesn't mean that other people do. It just frustrates me sometimes since the PP system is designed to ensure that PP allocation remains balanced when comparing the most difficult maps. As a result, balancing the PP system for the Hard difficulty range would most likely never ever happen.
Mahogany
Personally I haven't seen any people claim that DT is OP at a high level at all.
buny
I'm perfectly calm, thank you. Since we're not addressing the main topic and simply going by pure ad hominem, why don't I do the same?

1. You don't want to get brain damaged? Look at the way you type, look at your avatar, and tell me you aren't suffering from the worlds largest brain tumour.

2. Complaining? I'm not complaining about anything. I don't care what you low ranks think about rank or pp, I just find it hilarious that people that can't gain either yet complain about it

3. >inteligent
please, if you're gonna insult me about my intelligence, at least try to spell the word properly first

4. I don't think you know what toxic means, and is a word that is thrown around so much that it has lost all meaning.
If you want to talk to someone that is more than willing to wipe your ass, then I'm not the guy. In case you don't know, the OCE community is known to be extremely obscene in nature.

5. Ain't no salt here, the only salt you're perceiving is through your salt-tinted glasses, or your tears

6. little shitty brain? At least my little shitty brain could come up with an insult that doesn't look like a product of an autistic kid

Sorry, but I've learned not to take anyone with a pony avatar and spelling of a 12 year old seriously.
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

play more
plz enjoy game
dont think push buttons believe
post less
as long as we have circles to click, no anger shall harm us

^^^^^
In memorial of our fallen hero
rip binwer 2015 :((((
Reyvateil
ITT - people generalizing DT as the maps full of jumps and short bursts up to 210 BPM you can play for some pp if you have good accuracy.

As soon as a player start going above this range, specially if there are streams in the map the whole idea of "free pp" flies right out of the window. Playing these maps above 230 BPM isn't rewarding, I have some scores like Cherry My Heart, Harukaze Dance or Natsukoi Hanabi that aren't worth the effort I put into them pp-wise because going actually fast isn't worth as much as playing jump maps with high OD regardless of mods used.
chainpullz

Mikakage wrote:

jump maps with high OD regardless of mods used.
SHHH they can't handle the truth.
Mahogany

buny wrote:

I'm perfectly calm, thank you.
Calm, maybe, but you can be salty and calm at the same time, I dunno. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to make you happy.

buny wrote:

spelling of a 12 year old
ITT everyone is a native english speaker
nadavv
im sorry for necro-ing this thread but lets take these maps for example
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/38327 3.04* with DT SS worth 61pp length 0:55
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/361734 3.02* SS worth 32pp length 2:19
do you really think using DT on a 2.2* map takes that much more skill than doing a nomod map the same star rating as the other one on DT?
Yuudachi-kun
It takes more accuracy and accuracy = pp and skill

Also who the fuck thinks those maps are in any way relevant at that low a levle?
Yolshka
It looks like high OD is is what gives the most pp.

I think dt is pretty hard to play.
DeathHydra

ShadyAngel wrote:

It looks like high OD is is what gives the most pp.
I generally find DT plays to be impressive, wouldn't be able to replicate them for sure. Not sure what my opinion would be if I gave DT more time though.
After trying, I found DT to be the hardest of all avaliable mods out there.
And since putting DT on any map makes it much more harder, i think it's easier to just hunt for high od nomods.
example: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/71842?m=0
It gives 120pp or something 3,91*, no hard patterns at all if I remember correctly.
Putting DT on this would make me fail instantly though.
You put DT on that map and it will be like 5+ stars, of course you fail instantly. It is out of your level (and might be mine as well, I don't know. I don't really like DT)
Yuudachi-kun
You could just use HR and make everything od10.
Yolshka
Hmm that map may not have been a good example, i don't know then :) , i'll edit my post.
nadavv

Khelly wrote:

It takes more accuracy and accuracy = pp and skill

Also who the fuck thinks those maps are in any way relevant at that low a levle?
the people who care about that are the ones playing this level and complaining. you guys are comparing 5* shit while the ones that complain about DT being OP are 3* level
Dumii

Infevo wrote:

The pp mostly comes from the speed. Indisputable.

sigh
chainpullz

Dumii wrote:

Infevo wrote:

The pp mostly comes from the speed. Indisputable.

sigh
It's ok, he also said using a touchscreen should be considered cheating and continued to call Exgon a cheater. You shouldn't take anything he says seriously.
Yuudachi-kun
That map though is seriously difficult and gives so little. I can't even tell why - it's even od 7.5+ DT too.

EDIT: TILLERINO HAS INFORMED ME 99% 311pp SS 355pp DT. (More data?)

This seems about 10% lower than what I feel is right. Imo accuracy is way harder on that map because it's 291 bpm so a 95% would only give in the 240's? /shrug

-Makishima S-
The hell?? 291 bpm OD9,2 (or 9.3, dont remember now) doesn't break 300 for SS?

Jokes away...
I Give Up
100UR with DT is equal to ??? without DT. Anyone know if it is different or same?
chainpullz

KukiMonster wrote:

100UR with DT is equal to ??? without DT. Anyone know if it is different or same?
Divide by 1.5. DT is implemented in a pretty illogical way (perhaps logical in ease of implementation I guess).
mulraf
tl;dr

agreed though. i don't really understand the hate for dt farming. i'm just playing pretty much everything. nomod (mostly). dt. hd. well not so much hr but sometimes i guess. and i really find nomod maps much easier most of the time. probably because i'm used to it. e.g.: miiro vs. ai no scenario [tatoe] = much easier for me than daidai genome+dt. MUCH easier. i can't even pass half of daidai genome (pass, not fc). while i'd probably be able to fc tatoe with a much much higher acc at that. same goes for the example at page 1. setting sail. got that one in the top plays, but pretty much at the end since it's such a low acc. especially streaming with dt is such a pain usually. some exceptions like marie-luise or the rainbow op are decent but still really hard.

all in all i'd say it's just about the same. there are no mods that are overweight, just maps and gamemodes imho. but that's for everyone to decide on their own i guess.
E m i

Momiji wrote:

hr farm maps are more fun
tfw you made that post when you were better at the game.
aim 90%
stamina 50%
speed 50%
acc 115%
_handholding
Whats so bad about dt pp maps?
Some people arent good enough to play DT maps so the rest of the world has to feel bad for them
chainpullz

Kisses wrote:

Whats so bad about dt pp maps?
Some people arent good enough to play DT maps so the rest of the world has to feel bad for them
Plz no bully. I might have to go DT some 400x maps for 250pp+ if you do.