forum

Not Gaining PP [An oddly weird system?]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jason Free
Hello, you may be reading the title and is wondering what the hell do i mean? well i don't know why, but most of the time Finishing a song (B - S Rank) i only gain around 1-5 PP, sometimes i don't even gain anything, but the weird part is, when i fail a song it gives me PP but afterwards, finishing the song with an A Rank doesn't give me PP, i was just wondering if it's my Osu! client, or does it have anything to do with stable or unstable internet connection?
timemon
Play harder beatmaps, full combo them with high accuracy, get pp.
Then play even harder maps, full combo them with higher accuracy, get more pp.

repeat until you're #1
Granger
^didnt read OP

What you're experiencing is caused by two different things, since your top ranks are already saturated with scores of that difficulty you play at you get little if no pp for them, this is because the dimishing returns for pp. Simply set scores worth more pp to get over that, generally this means maps with a higher star rating.

The second issue is because the osu!servers have to calculate the pp you gain - sometimes this process takes a bit so you only see the changes when you set another score.
timemon

Granger wrote:

^didnt read OP

What you're experiencing is caused by two different things, since your top ranks are already saturated with scores of that difficulty you play at you get little if no pp for them, this is because the dimishing returns for pp. Simply set scores worth more pp to get over that, generally this means maps with a higher star rating.

The second issue is because the osu!servers have to calculate the pp you gain - sometimes this process takes a bit so you only see the changes when you set another score.
I did read what OP posted. I just want to give him the simplest way to get pp.
TehDragonGuy
lmao. Some doesn't understand the point of the PP system. The point of it is so that you gain PP for good plays, meaning the best players are the highest rank, not the people who play the most. If you got PP for every single play, the people that played the most would be on top.

EDIT: Also, that's just your client. You quite often get the PP after a while, not instantly after the play. It takes a while to update sometimes.
Infevo
Yes, this is a common bug. Deinstall osu! and all your beatmaps from the respective folder. Re-Install the game and make sure your screen resolution in your OS matches your osu! res. Sometimes this bug is caused by incompatible outdated drivers. Make sure you have the newest usb and network drivers.
Fix this. Then it should be fine and every play you make should give you tons of pp again.
Volcanism
Sometimes after you submit a score your pp doesn't update (assuming the score was worth any in the first place). This will usually get updated upon submitting another score; and if it doesn't you can always check your pp on your profile. Regardless, if a play is worth pp you will eventually get it.
Topic Starter
Jason Free
Ah okay then, i kinda get it now
balldoowell
something something tillerino