forum

About to post an osu!-related question? Read this!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Seems that in recent memory, General Discussion has turned into a place where osu! is discussed. This wouldn't be a problem if this section here didn't exist.

We have an entire series of subforums dedicated to discussing aspects of the game. Sure, General Discussion gets a lot of attention, but that does not make it the right place to post it.
Lizzehb
Agreed.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
Screw that place, it's a rigid lifeless husk.
anonymous_old

The_Priest_In_Yellow wrote:

Screw that place, it's a rigid lifeless husk.
^

If you want your thread to be noticed by the masses, post in GD or FG&R.
Jarby
Let's misuse forums so more people will look at my thread faster!
The_Priest_In_Yellow

Jarby wrote:

Let's misuse forums so more people will look at my thread faster!
General Discussion. Aptly named, discussion can be about anything osu! related or not. With the addition of present rules it provides a platform for civilized discussion, in most cases.

Off-Topic (Forum Games / Random). Provides the same platform, only with fewer regulations allowing for more elbow room.

You can tell someone they're stupid in GD if you make a valid argument.
You can tell someone they're a complete and utter retard who should die a horrible death in OT, even without backing arguments.

Like it or not, GD and OT are the two platforms that get the most attention and subsequently they are the most "alive".

If you want a question discussed you post it there, because generally, you get make sense replies and people follow your thread if it's interesting enough to warrant it. Which is not the case in eg. Skinning, where threads can lie for two years, only to get bumped to the top by a useless comment.

Restrictions inhibit growth.
Grow or die, I think we should grow.
peppy
I think you should die.