forum

osu!next Signature Generator

posted
Total Posts
show more
Neil Watts
Man, this is really amazing, good job!

PS: If you're searching for something else to code, I'd love to see a compact version of these cards (a bit like Arnold0 did, but in a modern version http://userbar.arnold0.com/chuserbar.php?id=4656511&u=4 )
Because the card is really big, I'd prefer to put it in my userpage and use bars for my signature :)
puxtu
cool stuff, thanks!
leepdesu
dank stuff m8
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

Neil Watts wrote:

Man, this is really amazing, good job!

PS: If you're searching for something else to code, I'd love to see a compact version of these cards (a bit like Arnold0 did, but in a modern version http://userbar.arnold0.com/chuserbar.php?id=4656511&u=4 )
Because the card is really big, I'd prefer to put it in my userpage and use bars for my signature :)
I like the idea! I will definitely add support for this to v3, however ETA on that is unavailable as of now as I have a lot of my time being consumed rushing multiple people's websites. I will give you all an update soon!
AdeptRK
I like how they look to be honest.
2Cookies2Eat
umm...I think I find a bug. I changed my avatar but it still shows the old one.
2Cookies2Eat

2Cookies2Eat wrote:

Never mind it fixed :)
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

2Cookies2Eat wrote:

Avatars can take anywhere between 5 minutes to 5 hours to update. Please give it some time.
BoobyHunt
Nice signature ! :D
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

v3 has been completed!

After long wait, v3 is finally complete. Of course, it now comes with your most awaited feature. Custom colours!

As well as this, there are two new options:

They work pretty much as expected. With the new system, it's easy for me to make new layouts etc. Expect some fancy new signature styles coming soon! Finally, there have been minor improvements all around, and it has been sped up exponentially. Let me know what you think of the new features!
2Cookies2Eat
Awesome update :) Thanks for the custom colors ^-^
abraker
Custom colors hype!
DW10
Aww yesssss THANKS!
Oh. Custom colors do not work right now... I guess?
Even when I choose a different color, it says that I am not found as a user.
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

DW10 wrote:

Aww yesssss THANKS!
Oh. Custom colors do not work right now... I guess?
Even when I choose a different color, it says that I am not found as a user.

It works for me?

Edit: Are you using a # in the URL or %23? Using a # in the URL will break it since that's a query hash.

Correct url: http://lemmmy.pw/osusig/sig.php?colour= ... W10&mode=0
Wrong url: http://lemmmy.pw/osusig/sig.php?colour=#54d00b&uname=DW10&mode=0
DW10
It works there, but when pasting to the osu! site, it says that the user could not be found.
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

DW10 wrote:

It works there, but when pasting to the osu! site, it says that the user could not be found.
Check my edit. It's most likely an issue with osu!'s posting. I'll ask Slack.
Edit: Yep, it's an issue with the forum image cache. I'll make a workaround now.
Edit 2: Fixed! It's a bit of a dirty workaround, but it should get the job done.

http://lemmmy.pw/osusig/sig.php?colour= ... mmy&mode=0

Notice the 'hex' before the colour code. You should now be able to use these in the forums. The generator is also fixed.
FrenzyLi

Request option: I would like to have a white overlay between the avatar layer and frame layer because I want the transparent part to become opaque when using the generator.
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

FrenzyLi wrote:

Request option: I would like to have a white overlay between the avatar layer and frame layer because I want the transparent part to become opaque when using the generator.
Sure thing! Adding now.

Edit: Done! I have added two new options:

You will need to use both of these for your situation, and you should set the rounding to 6 or 7 due to your custom rounded border.
Here's what it can look like:

normundy
This is cool. Thanks!
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

normundy wrote:

This is cool. Thanks!
No problem!
Bufa
OMG Lemmmy this is really amazing!
Congratulations on making this S2
give me a hug c'mere~
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

Bufa wrote:

OMG Lemmmy this is really amazing!
Congratulations on making this S2
give me a hug c'mere~
Thank you!

I have a few ideas for new features which may or may not be added soon. The first is a 'userbar' style image which looks a little like this:

(of course that design is completely subject to change)

As well as this, an XP bar below the playcount to indicate level progress, and maybe a card design similar to how the username and profile picture appears on forum posts in the new site design.

One more change may be to allow further colour customisation on the current signatures, allowing you to use a custom hex colour for the header and body text.

Make sure to keep suggesting new features!
abraker

Lemmmy wrote:

still waiting for

abraker wrote:

Idea: Let the sig glow if the player is online.
FrenzyLi

Lemmmy wrote:

FrenzyLi wrote:

Sure thing! Adding now.

Edit: Done! I have added two new options:

You will need to use both of these for your situation, and you should set the rounding to 6 or 7 due to your custom rounded border.
Here's what it can look like:

AWESOME! Big kudos to you!
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

abraker wrote:

Lemmmy wrote:

still waiting for

abraker wrote:

Idea: Let the sig glow if the player is online.
I will see what I can do!
QuachTriDat

Really cool :D
May there be an option to locate the avatar on the right side?
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

quachtridat wrote:

Really cool :D
May there be an option to locate the avatar on the right side?
It's a possibility!
Remyria
Could you make non square shaped avatar not to be forced in the square shape, so...hum...that's it I think :)

EDIT: found kindof bug=> pp in darker doesn't get darker
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

Remyria wrote:

Could you make non square shaped avatar not to be forced in the square shape, so...hum...that's it I think :)

EDT: found kindof bug=> pp in darker doesn't get darker
Fixed that small bug, and will look into non-square avatars when I have time. Thanks!
Remyria
could you add something that shows ranked score in it that we can choose to show or not? :D
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

Remyria wrote:

could you add something that shows ranked score in it that we can choose to show or not? :D
Added to the to-do!
Topic Starter
Lemmmy
I've done various updates on the signature generator.

You can now replace the Play Count with your ranked score. It looks a like this:

As well as this, non-square avatars now display correctly. Using BoobyHunt and Remyria as examples:

Not only that, there are now online indicators!

You can choose to have a faint glow behind the signature, or a green triangle over your username. Note that this only works for IRC users if they are in the #osu channel. This also slows down your signature's generation time.

Example of both glow and triangle:

I have also gone through and documented the code further. Documentation for the PHP can be found here: http://lemmmy.pw/osusig/docs
Finally, an internal code change is that I have abstracted the card drawing, meaning I can now easily implement userbars. My current top priority is an optional XP bar to fill that tiny bit of whitepsace on the original design, and userbars.

Once again, make sure to request new features!
Newb1et
Loving it! How about a custom background that replaces the white one? Would be cool to have a personal background.
Topic Starter
Lemmmy

Newb1et wrote:

Loving it! How about a custom background that replaces the white one? Would be cool to have a personal background.
That's on the to-do list! Will look into doing that soon.
Newb1et

Lemmmy wrote:

Newb1et wrote:

That's on the to-do list! Will look into doing that soon.

Awesome, I have a cool idea to put on it once it comes out. :P
Topic Starter
Lemmmy
I didn't really have time to mention it last night, but there are now XP bars! They remove the level from the play count and place an orange bar at the bottom of your signature. They also optionally can be your signature colour.

Examples

Remyria
First of all, if score could possibly be shown there without removing the possibility to see pp's (now that I have the level under, I want to see my pp's "instead of level" to the right of score ^^") because how you put it isn't exactly how it was in my head(happens), I was thinking more about a third line(I give you more infos later in this message)

I don't know exactly how the bar acts around 50% of it, but it feels weird at that area, maybe you could think of something toward that? (I don't have suggestion for this one, I give my opinion alone :c)

maybe change a bit size of letters to make somehow a third line of stuff to show when an option like "[ ] Use third line"(without the option it would be like now, and with it, it would be tinier but with a third line of infos...So we also can choose in what order we want the infos=>for example score and accuracy on first line, playcount and pp on second and the exp bar at the end, or accuracy on first line, playcount with pp on second, then score on third with the exp bar)

(Very good job so far, I love it. And I hope you like me with my many suggestions since I know your signature <3)

EDIT(5 seconds after posted): Maybe we could also have hex color choice for exp bar colour?

EDIT(another 10 seconds): neither the 2 online indicators seem to work for me, maybe I did somethign wrong?
Topic Starter
Lemmmy
Online indicators take 5 to 30 minutes to actually work on the forum, though they sometimes stop working altogether. Do not rely on them.

As well as this, a third line will not be added as there is not space for it and the signatures and font will not be dynamic size because it will look stupid.

Hex colour customisability for each individual component is in the pipeline, though. I'll also fix pp + score at some point (I thought it worked when I initially put it in, but obviously not). Thank you for the suggestions!
Nay-
Thanks! ;)
It's cool 8-)
Smilya
Finally found this!

Maybe this question is in this topic somewhere but I don't find it... so!..
But my background on my avatar is gone! :o
Is it because my avatar is a gif?

show more