forum

How do I even accuracy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Disregarded
i know theres like 1000000000000000 posts on about how to train your accuracy and all

but seriously, I read them all so much
I practised my ass off
I listened to the beat and not the approach circle
I played slow maps and low AR and did some slow streams

but my accuracy is SUB 90% WTF
i checked the people around me. for past couple of pages there was no guy in sight with sub 90% accuracy.............

Some people just play hard maps and get super high accuracy
but I jut cant
I seriously swear im hitting to the beat and it's not registering as a 300 or something- + theres nothing wrong with my offset
train me pls

Oh and extra question: is a mech keyboard really needed for this game (and for accuracy)
sometimes i get some really random misses that I dont know how I got it :o

u can remove this post if you think its useless ....
side note im also hitting a wall lol cant get pp for anything ;-;
also, that bar at the bottom thing that tells you when to hit it thing is everywhere sometimes forward sometimes back but usually its everywhere (even the 300's)

soz for the 100000th post about this topic, ignore me if that;s what u want lol

tl;dr
do i need a mech keyboard
why am I getting random misses everywhere
I am playing more but it doesn't work
halp
also, that bar at the bottom thing that tells you when to hit it thing is everywhere sometimes forward sometimes back but usually its everywhere (even the 300's)
Minhtam
Considering what I have just read, the one thing you are missing is musical theory.

The biggest thing when it comes to accuracy on osu! standard is to learn how to play by ear. But you already know that. Thus the next step is to learn how to recognize the kind of notes that are being played. When playing the game, are you able to recognize that a hit circle is a quarter note, eight note, or sixteenth note? Can you tell if the song you are playing is 4/4 or 3/4 in terms of time signature?

See, the real trick to reading osu! maps is that it is exactly the same as reading sheet music. Good osu! players who are extremely accurate can read maps and tap to them in the same way the greatest musicians can read sheet music and instantly play it.

My advice to you then is that if you are taking every advice from every player to improve your accuracy and are still struggling to get it, you better start to learn how to read music. Start here: http://www.musictheory.net/
Ninonuko

Disregarded wrote:

but my accuracy is SUB 90% WTF
i checked the people around me. for past couple of pages there was no guy in sight with sub 90% accuracy.............
I'm very sure I have worse acc when I was at your rank.

Disregarded wrote:

Some people just play hard maps and get super high accuracy
but I jut cant
I seriously swear im hitting to the beat and it's not registering as a 300 or something- + theres nothing wrong with my offset
train me pls
It's not as easy as you thought.

Disregarded wrote:

Play even more.

Disregarded wrote:

No, but you won't regret it when you get one.
tfg50
No, I don't have a mech keyboard and look at my acc.

why am I getting random misses everywhere
Because your reading sucks and you don't aim perfectly every time (we're humans after all). That's normal for new players and even some better players that sacrificed reading 100%. Reading comes from breaking bad habits.

Your playcount is average at best. Also high playcount might mean that you just retry a lot.

halp
As it has been said already, your reading sucks and that guy that said something about music theory is on the right path, but you just need to understand that subconsciously (I do understand because I play the guitar and it helps but it isn't 100% needed). You just read badly and hit the notes in a random timing because of that.
I Give Up
I live in noisy neighbourhood next to main road i had to learn to watch approach circles and memorise bpm stream speed coz i couldn't hear the music unless i play it at max volume and disturb my neighbour. After getting headphone it is so much easier to acc. You can get good acc with rubber or mech keyboard doesn't matter. But mech keyboard is easier to train accuracy on and keys actuate consistently. Your reaction is probably suck, instead memorise bpm and double/third/quarter note timings and tap to the beat. Good aim and reading helps with recovery if you mess up your acc.

TL;DR play single tap map that has no streams and try get +99% fc. then play another map with exact same bpm but also has stream. do this as warmup every day that should fix ur acc.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more
gamestonk
Your acc can vary quite a bit by what maps you play and how much you care about retrying for a high acc score. I started caring less about getting a good score and just actually finishing a map and my acc is dropping as speak. From what it looks like, you're fine, you just need to retry less and get in the rhythm of listening to a song. Start by trying to acc SONGS that you like, it makes it a lot easier imo.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you have ~3k less play count than I do but ~1m less notes hit. Stopp retrying so much
Barusamikosu
I think the maps you're playing are too hard for you.
chainpullz

Barusamikosu wrote:

I think the maps baru plays are too easy for him. :P
ZenithPhantasm
:lol:

chainpullz wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

gregest

Barusamikosu wrote:

are you implying everything I play is hard for me? /s
iderekmc
you play at 60 fps i think, try unlimited by pressing f7 in game
E m i
yeah and enable hitsounds xd
Ameth Rianno

Barusamikosu wrote:

Right.

A mech keyboard isn't really needed for this game, for accuracy.
Unless if you're want really to tapping fast, just that.

Random misses because that you're nervous at playing a beatmap.
No no, your post isn't useless.

#playmore
Topic Starter
Disregarded

Momiji wrote:

yeah and enable hitsounds xd
Oh yeah I've got hitsounds louder than the music (1000 suggested it so...)

but yeah guys thanks for the replies
I already know my music theory kinda (i play piano)

but u know I never really thought about it in osu so I'll look into that

I also play at 240 FPS cuz a guy told me to, used to play unlimited

and @asmit10
I am retry god
I do a beatmap at least like 30 times before i give up on it lol
my top plays were from sheer luck or spam retry until I can do it :p

but it helps me get the pp plays

also side note guys

I think I basically have to retry to get PP.
even if I go a star back I probably can't FC in a couple tries so...

but yeah I might give your advices a try :p i wont retry (unless im close) but gl me xD
Ameth Rianno
Good luck, man.
Cookiedipp
I've been playing for as long as you have. I may not be the greatest player ever when it comes to osu!, I'm still a beginner. But From what I see, you are playing maps that are pretty difficult for you. I suggest going back to easier beatmaps and get a feel for the rhythm in the songs that you play. Expose yourself to different types of patterns and identify anything that you feel you need to improve on. Challenge yourself form time to time, but make sure you aren't mashing the keys to pass a song, that really isn't an effective way to improve accuracy. Gradually work up to harder maps.
Topic Starter
Disregarded

Cookiedipp wrote:

I've been playing for as long as you have. I may not be the greatest player ever when it comes to osu!, I'm still a beginner. But From what I see, you are playing maps that are pretty difficult for you. I suggest going back to easier beatmaps and get a feel for the rhythm in the songs that you play. Expose yourself to different types of patterns and identify anything that you feel you need to improve on. Challenge yourself form time to time, but make sure you aren't mashing the keys to pass a song, that really isn't an effective way to improve accuracy. Gradually work up to harder maps.
Ummm
the beatmaps I play aren't really tooooooooooo hard
I only really mash triples cuz I can't see a way to hit them in tune, especially quickly. It doesnt matter anyways I get 300's.
But yeah I do try and play a variety of maps and even if you started the same time as me I played a LOT in these months.

but yeah, I might step it down a bit and get a feel of the beats further xP
Barusamikosu

Ameth Rianno wrote:

No no, your post isn't useless.
;)

chainpullz wrote:

:^)
gamestonk

Disregarded wrote:

Cookiedipp wrote:

Ummm
I only really mash triples cuz I can't see a way to hit them in tune, especially quickly. It doesnt matter anyways I get 300's.
But yeah I do try and play a variety of maps and even if you started the same time as me I played a LOT in these months.

mashing tripples is like mashing any other stack of notes. Everything's fine until some beatmapper decides to call you on your bluff by putting a slider right under the stack.
[ Kakuja ]
1. Sit down and relax.
2. Feel the rhythm.
3. Don't think, just play.
4. Play more.

That's how I do it, and you maybe should bump down your star difficulty a bit (ex: 5 star down to 4.3-4.7) and see if that helps.
meteor22

Disregarded wrote:

i know theres like 1000000000000000 posts on about how to train your accuracy and all

but seriously, I read them all so much
Yeah sure... I really don't think you read them ALL.

I won't help you cuz you are a liar. >:(
Minhtam

Disregarded wrote:

Cookiedipp wrote:

Ummm

Yeah, the maps you play aren't too hard to pass. But if you want to focus on accuracy, you need to handicap yourself on the lower difficulty maps. Focus on the lower difficulties and try to at least 99% FC them. Either that or learn musical theory. Once you get the fundamentals down, then we can work on conditioning.
Topic Starter
Disregarded
[/quote]

mashing tripples is like mashing any other stack of notes. Everything's fine until some beatmapper decides to call you on your bluff by putting a slider right under the stack.[/quote]

Well triples are fine

like as in mash I mean hit zxz not in tune, just fast
usually theres a couple of 100's in there but any sliders under I wont hit since I'm only hitting the 3 hitcircles though
but in maps wth lots of triples it kills my accuracy
trebby
Listen to the music and be patient with your timing. Don't spam your keys when you see a stream, and it might help if you tried a few maps with slower streams.
StephOsu
do you looking at approach circle and listen to the rhythm of the song?
i heard that it helps
-JaZe-

Disregarded wrote:

I think I found your problem.

Disregarded wrote:

You basically said it yourself. Your UR is awful, but you let yourself mash anyways because you get 300's (most of the time...) I don't know how you can expect to improve like this.

Improving accuracy isn't some kind of magic that lets you get away with mashing. It's a slow and steady process where you train your fingers and ears to the point where even when you don't quite tap when you wanted to (we're only human), you probably still got a 300.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/89810 is a map that I played a lot when I was just starting out, and I think it forced me to learn how to imprint a rhythm into my head and repeat it, accurately, over and over again. Give it a shot.