forum

Fall 2015 Anime First Impressions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Athrun wrote:

I'm hurt. I don't see Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blood Orphans.

You disgrace me...

Anyways, I'll do a review.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blood Orphans. This is a huge change from the other gundam series. Unlike others, this focuses more on the men in battle. The Gundam Barbatos is an interesting concept of a new mobile suit. 2nd episode came out today, so i'll be watching that.
You know, if you search gundam on the list, you'll get "Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans." I just used whatever name anicharts had on their list, but I'll think about how to better name things later.
Kyonko Hizara

Athrun wrote:

You disgrace me...

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blood Orphans. This is a huge change from the other gundam series. Unlike others, this focuses more on the men in battle. The Gundam Barbatos is an interesting concept of a new mobile suit. 2nd episode came out today, so i'll be watching that.
You could have just done ctrl+f and searched Gundam.

I prefer to keep the names with their original titles for the maximum effect :U
Athrun

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Athrun wrote:

You disgrace me...

You could have just done ctrl+f and searched Gundam.

I prefer to keep the names with their original titles for the maximum effect :U
Yeah, I didn't really think it through...
I know what you mean when you want to keep the original names though >:)
EneT
All that red from UnderminE; I'll believe in him.
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

Red means "not watching" in the poll instead of not recommended/horrible although that is true too.
piruchan
Valkyrie Drive - High quality fap material
Raiken-
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai - I saw in the 1st episode it's kind of fantasy anime since there's magic and spell thingy, but there is also an anti-magic army with modern weapons. Well, it's pretty ok anime to watch.

Concrete Revolution: Choujin Gensou - Kinda weird, but it's pretty good. Giant robots, Aliens, Super power, and super hero ofcourse.

Comet Lucifer - The little white haired girl in the anime looks like shiro from ngnl somehow. Mechas, pretty nice.

piruchan wrote:

Valkyrie Drive - High quality fap material
The header though, I found a yuri anime in this season.
UnderminE

EneT wrote:

her* and lol this season is a huge disappointment for me even though Fall is usually my favourite season of the year. I just couldn't find anything else worth my time. I am tired of action-school-comedy-supernatural thingies.
Green Platinum
It's gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better. I am personally starting to hope all anime companies go bankrupt in the next 5 years to stop this misery.
Pirizm

Green Platinum wrote:

It's gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better. I am personally starting to hope all anime companies go bankrupt in the next 5 years to stop this misery.
Doubt it, considering from your forum history I'd doubt anything you'd say can be taken seriously.
Green Platinum
Why is that lol

Ahhh the Aomi thing? lol
I asked for a collab from her and it took her a month and a half or so to actually agree. I'm not so fucking desperate and pathetic to accept that kind of bullshit.

Also if you are suggesting this season is good? Get your fucking head out of your ass. Plenty of anime companies are losing money from all the piracy, I pay for what is worthwhile when it gets localised so I do my share but I hold no sympathy as the modern era is a grave disappointment. (Although that may also be survivor bias too)
Justykanna
Don't have much time to watch anime lately. However, based on what I'm reading here, doesn't sound like many impress.

I'd have to agree that there's a lot of anime that have been really disappointing lately. Aldnoah Zero, Strike The Blood, Magical Warfare and Log Horizon (second season anyway) were all ones I was looking forward to, but disappointed.

Pirizm wrote:

Doubt it, considering from your forum history I'd doubt anything you'd say can be taken seriously.
That's somewhat harsh. Do you read every post they make and decide that for yourself? It's as if a lot of forum posts are opinionated or something.

Green Platinum wrote:

I'm kinda curious how much anime companies are making these days. =/ I know it's only our little forum thread here, but I wonder if larger communities feel the same way (decline in 'good' anime series / seasons). Then, as you mentioned, piracy.
Pirizm

Green Platinum wrote:

Also if you are suggesting this season is good? Get your fucking head out of your ass. Plenty of anime companies are losing money from all the piracy, I pay for what is worthwhile when it gets localised so I do my share but I hold no sympathy as the modern era is a grave disappointment. (Although that may also be survivor bias too)
Seriously who actually cares what others watch, after all it is entertainment and everyone has different tastes. Mind you I don't think anyone expects something from a hater that's favourite anime is Kancolle and Touhou.
Green Platinum

Pirizm wrote:

Mind you I don't think anyone expects something from a hater that's favourite anime is Kancolle and Touhou.
lol wut?
Shurelia
no drama pls pls or i cri.
Green Platinum
Drama? this guy is hilarious. I want to know why they'd think I like Touhou or Kancolle though.
Faust
That's sort of a hint that you shouldn't take them seriously at all though !
Green Platinum
My hate of Touhou has often been dismissed as baiting. I will respond to this person points if they actually choose to make any because I actually take this seriously rather than just dismissing offhand.

I also think they could be a multi of someone even though it is incredibly narcissistic of me (and cute for them) to think that.

Edit: Someone reported them?
Justykanna

Green Platinum wrote:

Edit: Someone reported them?
I think the mediator just wanted less hate-interaction between people. If you're referring to the post edit anyway.
Green Platinum
The fuck is this shit