forum

[Guide] Making Delicious Sliders

posted
Total Posts
show more
D33d

RandomJibberish wrote:

THERE IS NO WAAAAY
There has to be one! Help me on my quest to make osu!stream-worthy spirals.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Construct a perfect spiral in illustrator or something, export as image, set as background, line up slider, scale as needed. That should work.
Realazy

Is this an okay way of making wave sliders?
mm201
m980 used to make some that way a long time ago. It's harder to get them looking as smooth as with other methods.
D33d
Yeah, just use nodes. It's not hard to make sliders without the anchor in the middle--just move points around until you have two smooth arcs.
Flanster
Oh man this thread is awesome hnng.Mappers should pay more attention to the sliders, some make you want to

RandomJibberish wrote:

commit suicide
Its really a pain to mod, I swear to god If I see a map with bad sliders, I'll link this thread in my modpost.
D33d

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

Oh man this thread is awesome hnng.Mappers should pay more attention to the sliders, some make you want to

RandomJibberish wrote:

commit suicide
Its really a pain to mod, I swear to god If I see a map with bad sliders, I'll link this thread in my modpost.
Good. RJ created this thread in order to save time during his own mods. However, bear in mind that some sliders don't have to be perfect if they're simple, although it definitely helps if they are. Such basics as making tidy sliders and patterns ought to be imposed on mappers more often, especially those who are new. Jarby pestered me countless times to look at this thread until I got sliders right and I have few problems with them now.

DEEDIT: Just a happy little contribution with some circle size 2 blankets (AR0 to show distant objects):

Interlocking magic.

Almost a 'Glamorous Sky' overlap, but AR3 + slider snaking prevents the overlap elegantly.

Not totally perfect, but I had to take the bottom slider out of snap and it took forever to make it work at all:

Fancy circular blanketing:

Horizontal symmetry is created with circles (yes, they line up perfectly):

Flanster
D33d oh my hnng

also what I saw today

Ryu_old

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

D33d oh my hnng

also what I saw today

so tasty \:D/
D33d
That's just more effort than is needed. Why they couldn't create those chevrons out of five points is beyond me. Never mind the fact that they could just copy one slider and rotate it, but they probably haven't met the rotate tool.
Low
No matter how hard I try, I can never ever make good looking sliders. ;_;
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
You can do if if you BELIEVE!

seriously though, if you have any specific issues we can totes sort you out
LKs

RandomJibberish wrote:

You can do if if you BELIEVE!

seriously though, if you have any specific issues we can totes sort you out
Ah, I agree your saying

I feel good with making 3-node(very simple) sliders :>
Breeze
Roller Coaster slider again
Using slider tick 2 would make it looked more symmetry

Sieg
My try, some circle inside slier
Realazy
Flanster
omg Real the last one....
Realazy
I know right
Breeze
spiderman
rickyboi
so many awesome sliders oAo
KaaiYukiChan
i'm Full =3=

thanks for the slider foods XD
D33d

KaaiYukiChan wrote:

i'm Full =3=

thanks for the slider foods XD
Good. Put this thread to good use!
Miya

LKs wrote:

I feel good with making 3-node(very simple) sliders :>
Yeah, it's feel very good when making 3-node(very simple) sliders. I love it so much :3
D33d
It's also the easiest way to make a map very bland. Get creative! You don't have to make silly Gonzvlo/Garven sliders, but dropping in a few waves and wider arcs adds loads to a map. The key is adding some variance without going overboard, so that the style of a map is consistent from start to finish. A very effective approach is saving the most fancy and long sliders for the chorus and copying most of the chorus. If the song doesn't have a distinct chorus, then it'll probably have repetition. Anyway, the end result is that the player's hit over the head with something extremely fancy and lends to the visual appeal of a map as a whole.
Low

Second one isn't perfect yet.
D33d
As I'll probably never do this again, I'm immortalising this thing that I made on a whim. I did it in like five minutes or something.

I had to speed up the second slider, because it was going nowhere near where I wanted it to go.
-Napoleon-
What about those sliders?:

Nyan!~

Pure symmetrical o3o

o3o o3o o3o
Tshemmp

Xavier18488 wrote:

This slider ist not perfectly symmetric. Maybe you can move the second red node one grid down.
those

Tshemmp wrote:

This slider ist not perfectly symmetric. Maybe you can move the second red node one grid down.
That's not the solution. What you want to do is get your slider anchors/nodes symmetric, then use the scale function, getting the shortest possible slider.
Stefan

Xavier18488 wrote:

SPOILER

Nyan!~

Pure symmetrical o3o

o3o o3o o3o
I would not perfer the last one.
Aurele

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

Xavier18488 wrote:

SPOILER

Nyan!~

Pure symmetrical o3o

o3o o3o o3o
I would not perfer the last one.
Same, the two first ones are nices.
D33d

those wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

That's not the solution. What you want to do is get your slider anchors/nodes symmetric, then use the scale function, getting the shortest possible slider.
The scale tool should always be a last resort, because it's not entirely accurate. It throws points off ever so slightly.

Besides, it's good practice to snap the start and end of the slider, because this assists with aligning subsequent objects with the slider. It also means that, should the same slider be used after being flipped or rotated, the ends will remain in place.

If one absolutely must use the scale tool, then the slider's points should be adjusted.

Now. This is what happens when Deedlidoo attempts a specific elaborate type of slider, having not made it for months.

While I'm at it, here's a nice wiggle that I made for Kari-anh. It didn't take me long at all. I'm getting good at this!

I'm supremely bored, so I'm going to post more patterns that I'm proud of.

Flanster
This thread is fap fap fap fap.Just sayin.
Derekku
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all of these slider blankets

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
D33d

Derekku wrote:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all of these slider blankets

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Blankets are definitely my bag at the moment. Every time I lay out some sliders, I wonder if I should make anything blanket. Of course, too many blankets become boring and using interesting, irregular construction that deliberately avoids potential blankets can be just as sexy in itself.

GAH! SOMEBODY STOP ME BEFORE I EXPLODE!

Low

Wheee.
D33d
HIGH FIVE
Ceani
this helps a lot,
thanks!

P.S
I made this out of random:

lol
D33d
If that is a serious attempt at a slider, then you obviously haven't learned from the thread. That node after the redpoint is also useless.

Just make it like this:

Low
I did it.

show more