Breeze
I think it could be called "roller coaster" slider

Derekku
Slider node art!
Ekaru

Derekku wrote:

Slider node art!
This.

The slider type kinda kills the slider itself for me, though. I think it'd look much nicer with mmsliders. Right now the slider type makes it non-symmetrical-looking. D:
mm201

D33d wrote:

mm201 wrote:

Holy shit, that actually works flawlessly. I'm guessing that it's always a difference of one grid?
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bézier_spline#Approximating_circular_arcs[/url]

So, to be picky, it's 55.22847498%. The smaller the arc, the fewer grids/osupixels of difference.
D33d

mm201 wrote:

D33d wrote:

Holy shit, that actually works flawlessly. I'm guessing that it's always a difference of one grid?
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bézier_spline#Approximating_circular_arcs[/url]

So, to be picky, it's 55.22847498%. The smaller the arc, the fewer grids/osupixels of difference.
Close enough in any case. Any slight differences can be adjusted anyway, and I'm already having a much easier time with elbows.
DaxMasterix
o.o
o-o
these count in the group? =3=
BeatofIke
I find using the Reverse selection (Ctrl+R) very useful in making sliders symmetrical. That way you know the corrdinates of the endpoint.

EDIT: Though this is a good tutorial
D33d

BeatofIke wrote:

I find using the Reverse selection (Ctrl+R) very useful in making sliders symmetrical. That way you know the corrdinates of the endpoint.

EDIT: Though this is a good tutorial
That's basically the same as ctrl+H.
OzzyOzrock
And reverse can ruin the slider
blissfulyoshi
Probably the best way to make symmetrical sliders is to make make a copy of your slider and paste a quarter note after your original slider. Then do the horizontal flip/reversing before trying to align the nodes to fit the shape. That way you have a constant replica that you can follow at all times.
Gonzvlo
Derekface Butterfly

Topic Starter
RandomJibberish

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Not if the sliderend lines up with the last point properly, or if the second to last point is a red one.
D33d

RandomJibberish wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Not if the sliderend lines up with the last point properly, or if the second to last point is a red one.
Is THAT why you used to abuse redpoints?

GONZ WHAT IS THAT MONSTROSITY

I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE PUNCHING TERRORISTS, NOT BEING ONE
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Actually I used to abuse redpoints because the threshold of where the slider snaps back to the next tick was too low - it was impossible to line the sliderend up with the last node. I was always too lazy to endpoint nudge like mm or witchcraft symmetrify like m980, so I did the redpoint thing.
D33d
Oh oh oh, I know that heart sliders are old news, but I felt like sharing this heart slider that I made for Jarby a while back, because I'm still reasonably pleased with it.

One of these days, this medley will be finished.

DEEDUPDATE: I tried to make a spiral slider.

mm201
Use the Scale tool to grow that spiral enough so that its borders don't touch.
Dandido
How do you do the sign for infinity (an 8 lying down) with a relatively short slider?

My current one looks like this: http://gyazo.com/fdc74d9ce6807d6bd73774e31e609252

Please help me
mm201
One option would be to use the elbow / lazy arc method:

And then rotate 45°:

Use the Scale tool to shrink it to taste. Some start cap jossling might be necessary.
It's just plain impossible to give very small sliders complicated shapes.
I wouldn't dare shrink it any smaller than:
Realazy
This is sexy.
SuperMIC
D33d
Learn to use fewer nodes. Your life will be a lot easier that way.

Also, somebody needs to come up with a tidy way of making spirals, because I haven't seen them made without a messy mess of points.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
THERE IS NO WAAAAY
D33d

RandomJibberish wrote:

THERE IS NO WAAAAY
There has to be one! Help me on my quest to make osu!stream-worthy spirals.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Construct a perfect spiral in illustrator or something, export as image, set as background, line up slider, scale as needed. That should work.
Realazy

Is this an okay way of making wave sliders?
mm201
m980 used to make some that way a long time ago. It's harder to get them looking as smooth as with other methods.
D33d
Yeah, just use nodes. It's not hard to make sliders without the anchor in the middle--just move points around until you have two smooth arcs.
Flanster
Oh man this thread is awesome hnng.Mappers should pay more attention to the sliders, some make you want to

RandomJibberish wrote:

commit suicide
Its really a pain to mod, I swear to god If I see a map with bad sliders, I'll link this thread in my modpost.
D33d

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

Oh man this thread is awesome hnng.Mappers should pay more attention to the sliders, some make you want to

RandomJibberish wrote:

commit suicide
Its really a pain to mod, I swear to god If I see a map with bad sliders, I'll link this thread in my modpost.
Good. RJ created this thread in order to save time during his own mods. However, bear in mind that some sliders don't have to be perfect if they're simple, although it definitely helps if they are. Such basics as making tidy sliders and patterns ought to be imposed on mappers more often, especially those who are new. Jarby pestered me countless times to look at this thread until I got sliders right and I have few problems with them now.

DEEDIT: Just a happy little contribution with some circle size 2 blankets (AR0 to show distant objects):

Interlocking magic.

Almost a 'Glamorous Sky' overlap, but AR3 + slider snaking prevents the overlap elegantly.

Not totally perfect, but I had to take the bottom slider out of snap and it took forever to make it work at all:

Fancy circular blanketing:

Horizontal symmetry is created with circles (yes, they line up perfectly):

Flanster
D33d oh my hnng

also what I saw today

Ryu_old

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

D33d oh my hnng

also what I saw today

so tasty \:D/
D33d
That's just more effort than is needed. Why they couldn't create those chevrons out of five points is beyond me. Never mind the fact that they could just copy one slider and rotate it, but they probably haven't met the rotate tool.
Low
No matter how hard I try, I can never ever make good looking sliders. ;_;
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
You can do if if you BELIEVE!

seriously though, if you have any specific issues we can totes sort you out
LKs

RandomJibberish wrote:

You can do if if you BELIEVE!

seriously though, if you have any specific issues we can totes sort you out
Ah, I agree your saying

I feel good with making 3-node(very simple) sliders :>