forum

osu! World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
zz-e
Can someone explain what will happen when USA wins the (first) final?
I believe they have to win again (like last year): if so, will the second match be right after the first?

I'd like to see everything and if the osulive stream can cover both matches in one broadcast, I can just watch it when I wake up instead of getting out of bed at 4.30 am..
juankristal

zz-e wrote:

I believe they have to win again (like last year): if so, will the second match be right after the first?

I'd like to see everything and if the osulive stream can cover both matches in one broadcast, I can just watch it when I wake up instead of getting out of bed at 4.30 am..
USA needs to win 2 series in a row in order to be the champions while China only needs to win 1. And I think the second series is always right after the first one yup.
VnSoul

zz-e wrote:

There will be most likely a short break if USA manages to win their 1st match(like about 15 min, iirc it was also the case last year)
Verdandi
Maaan I missed almost the whole thing this year again.
Osu needs a newsletter just for this event or some other kind of reminder for not active players
chainpullz

VnSoul wrote:

Optimal schedule for me, the match starts at 4:30 AM in my timezone, but who needs sleep anyway :^)
At least it's one weekend as opposed to an entire fucking month for people who live on east side of US. Finally schedule breaks in our favor.
Evrien
USA has Toy. They're unstoppable this time.
deletemyaccount
Random Beat

chainpullz wrote:

VnSoul wrote:

Optimal schedule for me, the match starts at 4:30 AM in my timezone, but who needs sleep anyway :^)
At least it's one weekend as opposed to an entire fucking month for people who live on east side of US. Finally schedule breaks in our favor.
I was about to complain that it's start at 4:30 am for me too, but thinking about it, yeah east side of USA had so much bad timing haha! (sorry) xD
Topic Starter
Loctav

Philantropist wrote:

video
oh this fits so perfectly for the current match up
Athrun

Loctav wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

video
oh this fits so perfectly for the current match up
I see what you did there.
puxtu
that video reminds me of something
lmfao
chainpullz
FREEDOM
[ kiki ]
totally hype
Xayne
Choke city. Should be two maps up.
Xayne
HOLY SHIT THEY DID IT! I'M SHAKING! GREAT JOB GUYS!
EtienneXC
TWO WORLD CUPS, BOYS.

LET'S FUCKING GO
Tomcat
GG! USA USA USA
Reyvateil
Can someone clean all the spaghetti from that furioso melodia? Drops everywhere, please never make another pool like this.
Rad
Rustbell MVP
EtienneXC

Reyvateil wrote:

Can someone clean all the spaghetti from that furioso melodia? Drops everywhere, please never make another pool like this.

It wouldn't have been one of the best matches ever if that map weren't in there. Not everything is about combo/acc.
trebby
IT HAS HAPPENED
Raniemi
Best OWC yet
abraker
That was soooooooo much HYPE!! Congratz USA

osu! also came in top 6 on Twitch!
http://i.imgur.com/cxCgqRS.jpg
chainpullz

EtienneXC wrote:

Reyvateil wrote:

It wouldn't have been one of the best matches ever if that map weren't in there. Not everything is about combo/acc.
Was literally the most exciting map that entire match.
Falbere
Holy crap, first time Murica takes it home, AMAZING PLAY!! :O
Athrun
Grats to USA for being the first non Asian Country to win the world cup!
Pituophis
Xayne
abraker
Nathan
my heart hurts
Bass

sukiNathan wrote:

my heart hurts
streaming heart :^)
Vuelo Eluko
USA
USA
USA
USA
USA
USA
USA
TEI
TEI
TEI
Reyvateil

chainpullz wrote:

"US did better in the first third, the easiest part, go home boys, the later parts of the map are too hard to combo or acc anyways."

Such excitement. The gap never moved too much, it was small because of the miss fest never allowed a player get a good score on this at any point.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Big thank you to every helper of the tournament, making this tournament as great as it could ever be!
Thanks to all participants that joined this competition and make us all have a super fun time together!
And especially thank you to Team China and United States for showing us the most amazing match we have seen in this entire competition, if not in the entire time we are doing the osu! World Cup.
Shoutout to p3n, shARPII and Deif who stay up to every time there is a match, even tho they have other obligations. Shoutout to ztrot for organizing the commentators, to all commentators in particular, to smoogipooo for all the real-time support regarding the client and to the mapselectors ToGlette, Skystar and Cherry Blossom, being the best map selector team I had so far in the OWC. And thanks for Marcin to jump in whenever urgent substitution in streaming is needed, even at worst times!
This was an amazing event and I hope we can have more of these great ones in the future!
Now, let's celebrate!
deadbeat
Xayne

Reyvateil wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

"US did better in the first third, the easiest part, go home boys, the later parts of the map are too hard to combo or acc anyways."

Such excitement. The gap never moved too much, it was small because of the miss fest never allowed a player get a good score on this at any point.
A player could have gone god mode and held combo and single-handedly swung the match at any point. You're honestly just coming off as salty.

After rewatching, both Toy and Xilver had combos bigger than 400 in the final 3rd of the map. USA won the map because they performed better overall as a team.
Valedict
Felt like my heart was going to explode, congratulations to every single player on the US team and to China for putting up an extremely tough fight. That was one of the best matches I've ever watched and I'm glad I was around for it.
ToGlette

Loctav wrote:

Big thank you to every helper of the tournament, making this tournament as great as it could ever be!
Thanks to all participants that joined this competition and make us all have a super fun time together!
And especially thank you to Team China and United States for showing us the most amazing match we have seen in this entire competition, if not in the entire time we are doing the osu! World Cup.
Shoutout to p3n, shARPII and Deif who stay up to every time there is a match, even tho they have other obligations. Shoutout to ztrot for organizing the commentators, to all commentators in particular, to smoogipooo for all the real-time support regarding the client and to the mapselectors ToGlette, Skystar and Cherry Blossom, being the best map selector team I had so far in the OWC. And thanks for Marcin to jump in whenever urgent substitution in streaming is needed, even at worst times!
This was an amazing event and I hope we can have more of these great ones in the future!
Now, let's celebrate!
Thank you for pulling off such wonderful tournament! #bestOWCever
juankristal

Loctav wrote:

Now, let's celebrate!
Thanks to you Loctav, you are one of the biggest reasons because this kind of stuff happends. Thank you so much.
Lance
Have to say the commentary this year was top notch. Great grand final.
show more