Total Posts
show more
Pyrka

Endaris wrote:

You can get the results on stream by typing !results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... pw/pubhtml
I just wanted to post it, damn!
Minhtam
Does anybody have a group table? I made an unofficial one just in case Marcin is behind on the official one.

(I stress unofficial because the 4th tiebreaker I used is NOT the tiebreaker that will be used)

http://challonge.com/15owcShadow
Synchrostar
we got our clumsy thoughts

im happy now
fartownik
First Clumsy Thoughts ever - only 2 people survive the map XD
juutalainen420
1 player at Finland team got dc`ed and still Argentina got point? How does this tournament works?
Endaris

jebany-smurf wrote:

1 player at Finland team got dc`ed and still Argentina got point? How does this tournament works?
Read the rules.
chainpullz

jebany-smurf wrote:

Unplugging your router is not cause for a map to be thrown out. Since there's no way to differentiate between unplugging your router and any other sort of disconnect the same applies for all disconnects.
fartownik
Yeah mods, censor the BibleThump emote so people can't have fun! Great idea.
SuzumiyaBR

Minhtam wrote:

Does anybody have a group table? I made an unofficial one just in case Marcin is behind on the official one.

(I stress unofficial because the 4th tiebreaker I used is NOT the tiebreaker that will be used)

Update this

Argentina 3x4
Ukraine 4x1
Marcin

Minhtam wrote:

It will be up tomorrow, sorry for delay.
SuzumiyaBR
Game Name: OWC 2015: (Sweden) vs (Austria) (#120,150,054)
Duration: 05:22:52 - 05:27:29
Game Mode: osu! (Team VS)
Scoring Mode: Highest 3
Slot Score Acc User Combo 300s 100s 50s Miss
1 1,004,597 99.92% Xytox 1230 840 1 0 0

LOOOOL

error
firedigger
The profile banners are so cool, but I can't gift them :(
Gigo

chainpullz wrote:

spoilers I guess
Omgforz and Alumetorz are two of the most consistent players in the world when it comes to tournaments. That's not even mentioning the other top players that round out Austria's roster. When Omgforz is your lowest ranked player that's a good indication that your team is deserving of a top seed.

Taiwan on the other hand struggles to field even 4 consistent players especially with Small K not even competing in today's match against Austria. Even if its the case that Hvick was the most skilled player in that match, tournaments aren't won off sheer skill alone. With the difficulty of the map pool consistency is the only factor that really matters and having Hvick on your team gives you no more advantage than having Omgforz on your team in that department.

I'm not saying "clearly Austria was going to 4-0" but I certainly expected an Austria win with above 50% certainty. It was more of a "how many maps will it take for Austria to pull ahead?" question to me.
Ok, thanks for the explanation. So, do you think the result would have been different if Small K had played? Unfortunately I was not home, so I couldn't watch the match (as well as most of the other matches today).
chainpullz

Gigo wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

spoilers I guess
Omgforz and Alumetorz are two of the most consistent players in the world when it comes to tournaments. That's not even mentioning the other top players that round out Austria's roster. When Omgforz is your lowest ranked player that's a good indication that your team is deserving of a top seed.

Taiwan on the other hand struggles to field even 4 consistent players especially with Small K not even competing in today's match against Austria. Even if its the case that Hvick was the most skilled player in that match, tournaments aren't won off sheer skill alone. With the difficulty of the map pool consistency is the only factor that really matters and having Hvick on your team gives you no more advantage than having Omgforz on your team in that department.

I'm not saying "clearly Austria was going to 4-0" but I certainly expected an Austria win with above 50% certainty. It was more of a "how many maps will it take for Austria to pull ahead?" question to me.
Ok, thanks for the explanation. So, do you think the result would have been different if Small K had played? Unfortunately I was not home, so I couldn't watch the match (as well as most of the other matches today).
because people apparently care about spoilers
I think it would have been a lot closer. Taiwan's two secondary players were very underwhelming and you can't exactly put your whole team on your back to carry them across the finish line like one can in other games. Even with Small K I'd still give a slight edge to Austria. As it stands it looks like Sweden might even have a chance of knocking Taiwan out of the group stages if Taiwan isn't able to shore up their weaker players.
In the end it takes 4 consistent players to be a top contender at OWC especially when you eventually will have to face off against teams like Poland.
JOEMOMO
I feel Austria can be the underdogs. Fedora and Alum preformed well earlier.

My nation, the United Kingdom, have had a mixed day firstly losing to the stronger team China who were meant to win. The second game was against the Philippines which we won comfortably which brings a bit of hope.
Tomorrow the UK have Japan which might be tricky, depends on how Japan preform.

If we proceed out of the groups, I don't think we could go any further as other teams are just too good.
MouseEasy
gj team
DarkCaraio
BRAZIL HYPE!!!11!1!111!!! :) :)
SuzumiyaBR

Endaris wrote:

You can get the results on stream by typing !results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... pw/pubhtml

Thanks man
Endaris
And now we see that Yoshiwara Lament is one of the maps that can rip teams apart, not just by "random misses" but by a big discrepancy in accuracy and/or reading that shows big.
Love how the US team played this out even though I'm crossing my fingers for Box.
CXu
Every map in the mappool can be used strategically because one team excels at some specific aspect of the game over the other team. It's nothing new for OWC and it's a part of why we can pick maps in the first place (I mean, if every map tested the same things, why even have picks)
Endaris
True but as stated by many participating players the maps for group stage are rather easy and it's more about who chokes than anything else. Many maps were very close and there were barely any confidence picks where one team completely dominated a map. Found that very convincing by the USA team.
chainpullz

Endaris wrote:

True but as stated by many participating players the maps for group stage are rather easy and it's more about who chokes than anything else. Many maps were very close and there were barely any confidence picks where one team completely dominated a map. Found that very convincing by the USA team.
There was also a patch the night before group stages that's causing a number of players to be dropping frames and they aren't allowed to play on the fallback.
Icyteru
RIP Aus
CXu

Endaris wrote:

Well yeah, like, don't choke.

chainpullz wrote:

There was also a patch the night before group stages that's causing a number of players to be dropping frames and they aren't allowed to play on the fallback.
The non-fallback stable version seems to not drop frames for me.
Topic Starter
Loctav

chainpullz wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Can you please specify this more and open a tech support thread on the Help board about it? This helps waaaaay more (unless it does exist already)
Aloha

Icyteru wrote:

RIP Aus
:(
shARPII
Good matches today, hope we can get even better tomorrow!
Now I'm off because I really need to sleep ;A;

/me rolls and dies
shortpotato

group E best matches
Chaoslitz

This wasn't planned tho

M I N G 3 0 1 2
buny
a shame we didn't make it out of groups (expected), gl to the rest of the teams

quite impressed on the management of the tournament, nearly no delay in the matches we played and didn't experience any problems
Athrun

Chaoslitz wrote:

This wasn't planned tho

M I N G 3 0 1 2
Chao chan pls
jseph_1121

Loctav wrote:

Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu! World Cup 2015 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to the biggest worldwide osu! tournament.
How do I join the Tournament?? :x :x
hallowatcher
Ez for Germany
Electoz
THAILAND HYPE !!
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
Athrun
Interesting.

Japan is out of group stage :O
Hong Kong won 1 lost 1, hope that they can beat their final opponent!
Australia is also out as well
Raiea
Australia did put up a great fight though
SuzumiyaBR
Rip Japan
Athrun
And Hong Kong made it! REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!
Karuta-_old_1
Germany and Thailand are so close each of them lost at least one match

I don't know which team to hype for

I am not sure about how the matches are hosted but can we not rely so much on the mp links, if possible send a referee in the room instead and observe the match and take a screenshot in-game, I don't like a match ruined because of "dc"
g
show more