1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. Tournaments
show more
posted
People still banning the hell out of Yoshiwara Lament, looks like buny wasn't the only one hating the pick.
posted
WWW in room of Portugal VS Austria
WWW : Hi
Portugal : New Portugal ace
Portugal : Polonia help us


R.I.P Portugal
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
posted
With the stream being cut off every 10 minutes and the constant "client lag", mixed with the fact that there's nowhere else (as far as i'm aware) to keep up to date on the world cup, I'm finding it difficult to enjoy. Anyone know if this is going to be fixed further into the tournament? I just wanna watch me some circles ;_;
posted
Polônia 3x0 Canada
Polônia ( without Rafis and WWW ) 4x0 Canada

Austria 4x1 Portugal
posted

Gigo wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Did people even think they were favored to begin with? I'm pretty sure any informed player would have considered Austria heavily favored to win that match.
Oh really? Since you seem to be informed enough, can you enlighten me on why they were considered the stronger team in this match?
Omgforz and Alumetorz are two of the most consistent players in the world when it comes to tournaments. That's not even mentioning the other top players that round out Austria's roster. When Omgforz is your lowest ranked player that's a good indication that your team is deserving of a top seed.

Taiwan on the other hand struggles to field even 4 consistent players especially with Small K not even competing in today's match against Austria. Even if its the case that Hvick was the most skilled player in that match, tournaments aren't won off sheer skill alone. With the difficulty of the map pool consistency is the only factor that really matters and having Hvick on your team gives you no more advantage than having Omgforz on your team in that department.

I'm not saying "clearly Austria was going to 4-0" but I certainly expected an Austria win with above 50% certainty. It was more of a "how many maps will it take for Austria to pull ahead?" question to me.
posted

SuzumiyaBR wrote:

...
cool people put results into spoilers
posted
Was there even a match where Clumsy Thoughts wasn't banned?
posted

Karthy wrote:

With the stream being cut off every 10 minutes and the constant "client lag", mixed with the fact that there's nowhere else (as far as i'm aware) to keep up to date on the world cup, I'm finding it difficult to enjoy. Anyone know if this is going to be fixed further into the tournament? I just wanna watch me some circles ;_;
I doubt it is anything like client lag, it is either a bug or a latency issue with bancho which can't be fixed (not saying it is impossible but you know?)
(maybe someone can share their settings for the OBS to improve the quality a bit but that's all I could think of)

interesting to see how some matches become so different with score V2, like Taiwan vs Austria, really convincing victory there

For non-streamed matches I could only hold on to the mp links
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... pw/pubhtml
posted

Endaris wrote:

SuzumiyaBR wrote:

...
cool people put results into spoilers
The results should be on the first page of that topic
posted

fartownik wrote:

Was there even a match where Clumsy Thoughts wasn't banned?
Yep, at least 2 times on the stream(austria vs taiwan and right now argentina vs finland). Yoshiwara Lament at 100% banrate on stream still.

The results should be on the first page of that topic
No, they're on the wiki page.
posted

Endaris wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Was there even a match where Clumsy Thoughts wasn't banned?
Yep, at least 2 times on the stream(austria vs taiwan and right now argentina vs finland). Yoshiwara Lament at 100% banrate on stream still.

The results should be on the first page of that topic
No, they're on the wiki page.
Where
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/OWC_2015

??????????????

Should upgrade. so the match ended
posted
Is there even much advantage to banning Clumsy Thought. The map is basically mutually assured destruction. I mean, if you are confident enough that you will beat the other team on every other map, losing once isn't that big of a deal imo. It seems like a map that only a lower seed team would pick knowing they have no chance to beat the high seeded team on non-gimmick maps so might as well try to roll a 6.
posted
Where
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/OWC_2015

Should upgrade update. so the match ended
truthfully I couldn't find it either, they probably got the result sheet from one of the refs like always
posted
You can get the results on stream by typing !results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... pw/pubhtml
posted

Endaris wrote:

You can get the results on stream by typing !results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... pw/pubhtml
I just wanted to post it, damn!
posted
Does anybody have a group table? I made an unofficial one just in case Marcin is behind on the official one.

(I stress unofficial because the 4th tiebreaker I used is NOT the tiebreaker that will be used)

http://challonge.com/15owcShadow
posted
we got our clumsy thoughts

im happy now
posted
First Clumsy Thoughts ever - only 2 people survive the map XD
posted
1 player at Finland team got dc`ed and still Argentina got point? How does this tournament works?
posted

jebany-smurf wrote:

1 player at Finland team got dc`ed and still Argentina got point? How does this tournament works?
Read the rules.
show more
Please sign in to reply.