forum

osu! World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
CXu
Oh yeah.

Maybe this has already been addressed since I don't follow the spectator client at all, but it would be nice if we could get rid of those ugly yellow names that covers up parts of the gameplay, and integrate player names into the actual design itself. Those names really feel out of place in an otherwise pretty nice looking design. Misses can be indicated by a red box or something around the player's square or something.
Xayne

- yogurt - wrote:

Xayne wrote:

That's a pretty scary roster. Probably the best one the USA has made out of any year so far. Such a shame SG picked this year to hang it up.
Where is kablaze though?
Same bullshit different year. Something to do with him breaking a rule 16 years ago.
buny

CXu wrote:

Oh yeah.

Maybe this has already been addressed since I don't follow the spectator client at all, but it would be nice if we could get rid of those ugly yellow names that covers up parts of the gameplay, and integrate player names into the actual design itself. Those names really feel out of place in an otherwise pretty nice looking design. Misses can be indicated by a red box or something around the player's square or something.
second this, looks really bad when their names are very long also

the bottom right corner of each screen is a pretty nice place to put it i think, just decrease the font size. Or even just add a name tab below their screen
Athrun

CXu wrote:

Oh yeah.

This would be nice. Some of the names, if they are long, block out the score and acc. Relocating it would be nice.
Enon
I was try to discuss about can't understand banning from the tournament.

but they probably don't want discuss with me, they deleted my post xD
sables
If fou don't understand your ban. It seems like nothing to discuss about.

Krah wrote:

Krah wrote:

Stop bringing your issues here.

If you think you have been spoiled and want to know the reason for what a player isn't allowed to play, he is free, as stated again and again, to send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh
Gonna quote it because some couldn't read.
-Ryuujii-

Krah wrote:

Krah wrote:

Stop bringing your issues here.

If you think you have been spoiled and want to know the reason for what a player isn't allowed to play, he is free, as stated again and again, to send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh
Gonna quote it because some couldn't read.

Cleaned the thread a bit. Don't force me to do it again or silences will surely come with it.

People Lie
Endaris
I've seen a lot of complaints about Finals in Loser Bracket, Match for the Finals coming from Loser's Bracket and the actual Finals sharing the same map-pool last year as Japan ended up playing the Final Map Pool for a whopping 5 sets: 1 vs USA, 1 vs South Korea, 1 vs Germany and 2 vs Poland.
While it seems to be kind of stupid to me to make a new map pool exclusively for the final Final it's the only way to fit the schedule(PQ on a separate weekend while loser's bracket finals+"third-place" finals are on the same). Anyway I think variation would be greatly appreciated.
Another option would be tackling the schedule as in moving the AE to the same weekend as PQ but having AE played on Sa and PQ on Su. That way an additional mappool would be used for 2-3 sets and the winner of AE would have enough time to mentally prepare for PQ.

Just some thoughts as the 5 sets of the final pool by Japan were experienced as a bit lame.
fartownik
Agreed.
w4ts
where is rrtyui !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:
defiance
RIP Japan
RIP South Korea
Poland's roster doe.
Also the US, Axarious man.
Srry Taiwan can't compete with the US and Poland, maybe like 3-8th
We need US vs Poland match
Honestly the one i most anticipate.
kuur0

w4ts wrote:

where is rrtyui !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:
busy with life
Athrun
The finals mappool became a bit too repetitive when the same songs were played constantly. For the grand final, a new mappool should be made.
fabriciorby

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

1 Month supporter for 3rd place never forget OWC 2013
1 month supporter for 3rd place never forget OWC 2011
buny

Loctav wrote:

We are planning with one mappool for both weeks.
Deimos
plans can be changed
buny
you're arguing semantics

This was simply the response I got from Loctav asking a similar question, it doesn't seem like there is any intention to change it. Personally I'd prefer two mappools as well, but I'm not the one managing the tournament.
Gigo
Several observations I'd like to make:

1. The Netherlands has as close to an optimal roster as they can get. We can expect a strong performance from them.

2. Argentina's team is (in my opinion) going to be hurt by the absence of players such as Glazbom and Salvage.

3. Taiwan's team should, under no circumstances, be scoffed at. Some people said they won't be able to compete with Poland and the US in this OWC... I'm gonna call bullshit on that one! They have their Holy Trinity (Rucker, SnowWhite and Small K) and their other players are extremely experienced as well.

There are 8 teams, whose rosters have not been revealed yet, but Austria's team should also be really strong (provided we don't see any surprise absence from it).

I still don't think this tournament will be as good as OWC 2013 (of which I have very fond memories), but I am hoping for some tough competition and great matches. :)
Aka
i bet usa gonna be on top this year, very good roster :)
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
Xayne

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

IMO team USA may not even be top seed depending on Austria's team. There are many teams people overlook like Taiwan, UK, Germany and South Korea. Heck, I'd say even the current Japanese roster looks more promising than US'.
Taiwan is strong, but I'd say the US has a better roster than any of the other countries you mentioned. Japan is more than likely going to be mediocre. At the very bare minimum, the US has the 4th best roster so far. Outside of Poland and Taiwan, you'd be hard pressed to find a better 4 than Axarious, Xilver, Kitteh, and Toy in my opinion.
EtienneXC

Xayne wrote:

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

IMO team USA may not even be top seed depending on Austria's team. There are many teams people overlook like Taiwan, UK, Germany and South Korea. Heck, I'd say even the current Japanese roster looks more promising than US'.
Taiwan is strong, but I'd say the US has a better roster than any of the other countries you mentioned. Japan is more than likely going to be mediocre. At the very bare minimum, the US has the 4th best roster so far. Outside of Poland and Taiwan, you'd be hard pressed to find a better 4 than Axarious, Xilver, Kitteh, and Toy in my opinion.
Pretty much this. Just by statistics, they're clearly looking like a fan-favorite somewhat and they've been rapidly improving as well. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them in top 4.
NixXSkate

Xayne wrote:

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

Is Toy actually going to be able to play though? Also, don't forget Ritzeh, he's very consistent and did great in the NAT.
Xayne

NixXSkate wrote:

Xayne wrote:

Is Toy actually going to be able to play though? Also, don't forget Ritzeh, he's very consistent and did great in the NAT.
Xilver confirmed on his stream last night that Toy would be available to play when the tournament rolls around.
Melt3dCheeze
No love for the two teams from Down Under :( We will wreck NA like how they wrecked their economy :^)
buny
bring out the owc avatars
Aloha

a loli wrote:

bring out the owc avatars
who's buny?
Athrun

Meowt3dCheeze wrote:

No love for the two teams from Down Under :( We will wreck NA like how they wrecked their economy :^)
Shots fired??
Athrun

Gigo wrote:

Several observations I'd like to make:

1. The Netherlands has as close to an optimal roster as they can get. We can expect a strong performance from them.

2. Argentina's team is (in my opinion) going to be hurt by the absence of players such as Glazbom and Salvage.

3. Taiwan's team should, under no circumstances, be scoffed at. Some people said they won't be able to compete with Poland and the US in this OWC... I'm gonna call bullshit on that one! They have their Holy Trinity (Rucker, SnowWhite and Small K) and their other players are extremely experienced as well.

There are 8 teams, whose rosters have not been revealed yet, but Austria's team should also be really strong (provided we don't see any surprise absence from it).

I still don't think this tournament will be as good as OWC 2013 (of which I have very fond memories), but I am hoping for some tough competition and great matches. :)
Memories of OWC 2013... Back then, that was amazingly done.
Jetzu
Hopefully we're gonna have a good one :-)

Poland, Taiwan and USA looks the strongest but there are few other teams who can make TOP 4.
VnSoul
To the ones that said that Korea's roster is weak have no knowledge at all. Their roster is scary af which was already proven in other tournaments like All star, ocwt, ohc and many more. Cinia, Chiyo, Reimu, Neta, Meltina they are all consistent af especially Neta, Chiyo and Cinia seems to be underrated by many players since they didnt see their tournament performance yet and are just judging by their ranks. Im pretty sure that South Korea will make it very far, they could even win the whole thing.
The underdogs of the tournament will be Austria. Nobody will expect much of them, but they could even crush the high/top seeded teams
Really looking forward to OWC so many strong teams, I wonder how they will do the seeds since imo USA, Germany, South Korea, China, Poland, Taiwan should all be Top seeded
Cubzy
BRASIL HYPE
Te Amo
I hope the US gets out in group stages :^)
Mismagius
Hi, my opinion here. I may describe why I think each team is there later.

S TIER (strong title contenders): South Korea, United States, Poland, Germany
A TIER (runner-ups for the championship): China, Netherlands, Taiwan, (Austria?)
B TIER (possible surprises): Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Norway, Japan, Russia, Sweden, Hong Kong, United Kingdom
C TIER (can go far if they overperform): Argentina, Finland, Lithuania, Thailand, Ukraine, Malaysia, (Italy?), (Mexico?)
D TIER (needs to overperform AND other teams to underperform): Greece, Latvia, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, (Philippines?)

hope i'm not underrating/overrating anyone, i'll have a well-written post explaining my opinion later :p
Gigo
Yeah, in that next post, try to explain why you put Germany above China and Taiwan, cuz I'm really curious.
Mismagius

Gigo wrote:

Yeah, in that next post, try to explain why you put Germany above China and Taiwan, cuz I'm really curious.
Basically: China has a lot of all-around players, but no particular strength. If you have a team that will perfectly play a single mod while being also good at another one, they can overplay them with no issues.
Taiwan should be S-Tier, but the fact that they tilt in almost every OWC to date is really a factor. They have given easy wins to Ukraine and Brazil in past OWCs, while teams like Germany, Korea and Japan wouldn't have done that. Past may not be a factor, but the roster is almost the exact same as the other years. They're great players, but they don't seem to be able to perform as well in tournaments.
Gigo
Roster is the same as previous years? Do you mind checking what Taiwan's roster was when they lost that match to Ukraine? They were missing all of their key players! You really can't give that match as an example of how they (supposedly) underperform in tournaments.
Jetzu
They have given easy wins to Ukraine and Brazil in past OWCs, while teams like Germany, Korea and Japan wouldn't have done that.
Didn't Japan lose to Sweden last year?

Taiwan got Snow White and Rucker back, both are monsters when it comes to tournament setting, they almost carried TW to a victory in 2013 and I think they can very well do the same or take it step further this year.
sables
Don't forget about Uan guys, he is a veteran as well.
Minhtam

Gigo wrote:

Roster is the same as previous years? Do you mind checking what Taiwan's roster was when they lost that match to Ukraine? They were missing all of their key players! You really can't give that match as an example of how they (supposedly) underperform in tournaments.
I think that was his point - they were missing all their key players in the first place.

People tend to overlook the fact that a team is only as strong as the players that show up on that weekend. A team that is unable to commit to competing each and every single week will not have the consistency to keep up with teams that do. After all, how can you be consistent gameplay wise if you're not consistent attendance wise?
show more