forum

osu! World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

tryaway wrote:

Next year for the last 8 spots, do a qualification round.
Like the best 24 countries auto-qualified, but the remaining 8 spots can be taken by any countries.
How about the other countries just put in more effort to get a higher rank, so they can qualify? Any country that has better statistics should have priority over the ones below it.

It's really not that hard to comprehend. You have a whole year to dedicate yourself into getting a better rank to qualify for owc. And if a superb player is being held back by the rest of the players in their country, well tough luck. OWC is a team-comp tournament. If your team lacks the skill or effort to be statistically better in a whole year, then let other teams that did put in the effort go through.
Cyclohexane
A qualifier round sounds pretty good, actually. Many sports and e-sports do this. Of course, this means more matches to organize, but it also ensures a fairer outcome in the end. Rank only says so much compared to performing with OWC rules. There's a bit of a trough towards August-October in world cup action, so this could be an idea to hold signups sooner and gather, say, 8 countries fighting for 4 spots and have them do a round robin.
MiruHong

Mr Color wrote:

A qualifier round sounds pretty good, actually. Many sports and e-sports do this. Of course, this means more matches to organize, but it also ensures a fairer outcome in the end. Rank only says so much compared to performing with OWC rules. There's a bit of a trough towards August-October in world cup action, so this could be an idea to hold signups sooner and gather, say, 8 countries fighting for 4 spots and have them do a round robin.
I think players are misunderstanding their positions (not trying to offend anyone), if you aren't in the top 8 (or even 16) you should be privileged to even play in OWC. Group stages are meant to weed out the weak teams and having a qualifier is redundant since 32 countries is already spreading the player base thin. Nobody has time to organize something that is pointless and the end result (Bo16) would be the same regardless the amount of gauntlets.

This is just my 2 cents and from a perspective of a player who spent since OWC 2014 to qualify for this year's OWC.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Consider the single player mode as a one year lasting qualification stage then...
Electoz
Well, I don't mind that much if more qualification rounds will exist or not.
But I think I should clarify my point here.

- If we really held more qualification rounds, I think more problems will come up tbh, but I think the problem is every country deserve at least a chance, let's say there's a country that has 1 strong player and 7 weaker players. In real game, that 1 person may fc and led his team to victory. I think to be judged statistically is pretty fair, but for those who are far from the first 32 will never have a chance to prove themselves. Also, I think everyone want to see the best player in their country competing.

- [Just my own preference] If we judged statistically every year, I think the teams will be not much different. To see almost the same teams every year, it could be a little bit more exciting if we could see some new faces in the world cup.

I didn't say that we should or should not make more qualifier rounds. I just point out something in my opinion as a suggestion that there are something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Well, I don't mind if you guys opposed to this but at least take this as a single suggestion, just an another perspective
buny

Mr Color wrote:

Thing is that the e-sports that do this is because there are probably no ladders or leagues they are basing their teams seeding on.

A lot of the smaller tournaments in csgo are based on the teams positions on a ladder. It's easier to think of the pp rankings as a sort of ladder qualifying system, I guess.
Poofie
If we judged statistically every year, I think the teams will be not much different. To see almost the same teams every year, it could be a little bit more exciting if we could see some new faces in the world cup.
look at e-sports, there are allmost all the time the same teams competing and we still watch it, i don't see the point in this..

And like it is stated many times, you have a year inbetween OWC's to practice and rank up for qualification to OWC.. I worked my butt off since OWC'14, and so did few others, and we got to OWC. Just stop this mindless nag, and start practicing / ranking for OWC'16. Loctav has better things to do i think.
Tebz188

Poofie wrote:

Loctav has better things to do i think.
I'm proud for finns getting in on such a high placing, even tho we are fairly small country. And im sure spaniards are dissapointed bc they arent in, but if they truly are better than some top 32 teams they should prove it for next year by getting the PP needed.
Enon
Why tournament managements don't tell me about that what is my fault?
They just say "It's your fault" don't tell what that is.

I want see the reason of my ban!
Endaris

Enon wrote:

Why tournament managements don't tell me about that what is my fault?
They just say "It's your fault" don't tell what that is.

I want see the reason of my ban!

Loctav wrote:

Contact tournaments@ppy.sh for that
bolt997

bolt997 wrote:

Based on the spread sheet, Indonesia is not going to participate in the world cup?
that is correct by now.[/quote]

I thought registration was over? Is there any other way to get one more member to join?
nya10

bolt997 wrote:

bolt997 wrote:

Based on the spread sheet, Indonesia is not going to participate in the world cup?

Loctav wrote:

that is correct by now.
I thought registration was over? Is there any other way to get one more member to join?

Registration is over, it's time for the selected country to pick their possible member.
It's impossible to get any more member to register right now.

And yeah, currently Indonesia won't be in osu! World Cup 2015 for now.
Nakatoru

Poofie wrote:

I worked my butt off since OWC'14, and so did few others.
Me too, but too bad we couldn't qualify. However, we'll do our best to get our country players to another level for next year.
verto
Trying to prove anything to the tournament management is like arguing with a 5 years old; they will just say they are right you are wrong and anything you say will have zero effect.

Endaris wrote:

Based on the amount of players available spain could have easily got a team that is statistically way above the requirements yet only 7 people even managed to register.
Forcing players to register who don't want to is okay but letting people who want to play and most likely did nothing groundbreakingly wrong is absolutely out of the question.

You thought I'd start shit again because Hungary hasn't been able to participate 3 years in a row, huh? Not this time.
Endaris

_verto_ wrote:

Forcing players to register who don't want to is okay but letting people who want to play and most likely did nothing groundbreakingly wrong is absolutely out of the question.
Asking players and encouraging them to register = forcing them to register, okay.
If I was some 5k pp player I would waste more thoughts over a registration if someone asked me nicely and even gives me references who else registered opposed to me living in a nutshell with none communicating to me about OWC aside from the symbol on the osu! starting screen.
verto

Endaris wrote:

_verto_ wrote:

Asking players and encouraging them to register = forcing them to register, okay.
If I was some 5k pp player I would waste more thoughts over a registration if someone asked me nicely and even gives me references who else registered opposed to me living in a nutshell with none communicating to me about OWC aside from the symbol on the osu! starting screen.
That's you. Most high ranked players who don't register either dislike participating in tournaments or has had enough of the bullshit that happens along with it.
Krah

Krah wrote:

Stop bringing your issues here.

If you think you have been spoiled and want to know the reason for what a player isn't allowed to play, he is free, as stated again and again, to send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh
Gonna quote it because some couldn't read.

Cleaned the thread a bit. Don't force me to do it again or silences will surely come with it.

People Lie
Topic Starter
Loctav
Given the fact that one Portuguese player forfeited, we might have to reconsider their participation, as the minimum team size is 6 and not 5.
[ yogurt ]
Japan looks so weak compared to previous years I honestly think they'll place 5th-8th.
tryaway

- yogurt - wrote:

Japan looks so weak compared to previous years I honestly think they'll place 5th-8th.
At least we get to see Reimus RSI plays
Xayne
Xilver, Natalia, Axarious, Ritzeh, Seouless, 0120, Zodiaack, [Toy]
That's a pretty scary roster. Probably the best one the USA has made out of any year so far. Such a shame SG picked this year to hang it up.
Frc

- yogurt - wrote:

I think that would be too much for them.
Roro Rosset, Super Arrow, and two 3k players? wtf?
[ yogurt ]

Xayne wrote:

That's a pretty scary roster. Probably the best one the USA has made out of any year so far. Such a shame SG picked this year to hang it up.
Where is kablaze though?

Neko Sanae wrote:

I think that would be too much for them.
Roro Rosset, Super Arrow, and two 3k players? wtf?
At least there's Mercurius, OhAHO and Poruteri. Top3 will probably be Poland, China and USA/Korea, based on lineups that have been confirmed. Germany has a potential to have a really good team again too.

Tbh Polish team is so stacked I don't see us not winning the whole thing. Our year boys.
Gigo
Both Japan and South Korea's rosters seem really lackluster. I wonder if their players simply didn't want to play in the OWC or were they denied participation due to some violation during the last year.

Another question mark is wobeinimacao for China. China's team looks scary even without him, but with him they would have been absolute beasts.

Latvia's team actually looks very good. They could get far in this tournament.
Athrun
Man, Japan's top players must be busy this year. We have a near complete new set of players. Mecurius and Poruteri are back. I still have hope for Japan to do pretty well this year....
sables
Tbh Polish team is so stacked I don't see us not winning the whole thing. Our year boys.
What a nonsense, let them play the game first please.

Do not look at ranking and other stuff like that, we have Poland, China, US, Japan, Germany, Korea, Taiwan, Canada (in no particular order), this gonna be interesting.
Te Amo
Dont forget Mexico guys :o
Frc

KevEz wrote:

Dont forget Mexico guys :o
When did you become Mexican lol now Mexico team looks scary
CXu
Oh yeah.

Maybe this has already been addressed since I don't follow the spectator client at all, but it would be nice if we could get rid of those ugly yellow names that covers up parts of the gameplay, and integrate player names into the actual design itself. Those names really feel out of place in an otherwise pretty nice looking design. Misses can be indicated by a red box or something around the player's square or something.
Xayne

- yogurt - wrote:

Xayne wrote:

Where is kablaze though?
Same bullshit different year. Something to do with him breaking a rule 16 years ago.
buny

CXu wrote:

Oh yeah.

Maybe this has already been addressed since I don't follow the spectator client at all, but it would be nice if we could get rid of those ugly yellow names that covers up parts of the gameplay, and integrate player names into the actual design itself. Those names really feel out of place in an otherwise pretty nice looking design. Misses can be indicated by a red box or something around the player's square or something.
second this, looks really bad when their names are very long also

the bottom right corner of each screen is a pretty nice place to put it i think, just decrease the font size. Or even just add a name tab below their screen
Athrun

CXu wrote:

Oh yeah.

This would be nice. Some of the names, if they are long, block out the score and acc. Relocating it would be nice.
Enon
I was try to discuss about can't understand banning from the tournament.

but they probably don't want discuss with me, they deleted my post xD
sables
If fou don't understand your ban. It seems like nothing to discuss about.

Krah wrote:

Krah wrote:

If you think you have been spoiled and want to know the reason for what a player isn't allowed to play, he is free, as stated again and again, to send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh
-Ryuujii-

Krah wrote:

Krah wrote:

Cleaned the thread a bit. Don't force me to do it again or silences will surely come with it.

People Lie
Endaris
I've seen a lot of complaints about Finals in Loser Bracket, Match for the Finals coming from Loser's Bracket and the actual Finals sharing the same map-pool last year as Japan ended up playing the Final Map Pool for a whopping 5 sets: 1 vs USA, 1 vs South Korea, 1 vs Germany and 2 vs Poland.
While it seems to be kind of stupid to me to make a new map pool exclusively for the final Final it's the only way to fit the schedule(PQ on a separate weekend while loser's bracket finals+"third-place" finals are on the same). Anyway I think variation would be greatly appreciated.
Another option would be tackling the schedule as in moving the AE to the same weekend as PQ but having AE played on Sa and PQ on Su. That way an additional mappool would be used for 2-3 sets and the winner of AE would have enough time to mentally prepare for PQ.

Just some thoughts as the 5 sets of the final pool by Japan were experienced as a bit lame.
fartownik
Agreed.
w4ts
where is rrtyui !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:
defiance
RIP Japan
RIP South Korea
Poland's roster doe.
Also the US, Axarious man.
Srry Taiwan can't compete with the US and Poland, maybe like 3-8th
We need US vs Poland match