forum

osu! World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kazutakee

Loctav wrote:

I was lucky picking the right one, uh? ;D
Does that mean that the captains are already notified their positions ?
Topic Starter
Loctav
some are, some are not. I will publish a list later
bolt997
How will I know if I get drafted by my team captain?
Bauxe

bolt997 wrote:

How will I know if I get drafted by my team captain?
They will more than likely contact you.
Athrun
And the first 7 countries are up!

This already looks to be a really competitive world cup already! Don't know about you guys, but I'm hyped!
Topic Starter
Loctav
Frc
I bet Spain will do well in this OWC :DDDDDDDD Nice tournament
Frc
Ok now seriously what is the criteria for choosing teams, we had more than enough players for a team. And if we are talking about performance idk why NZ, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, Greece and Singapore got instead of us.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Spain slightly tied with Greece, but Greece provided better players in the average at the end. (based on who was a valid registree and did not violate the game rules)

EDIT: whoever is concerned, here is an overview of all countries that had more or equal to 6 valid registrations (minimum team size for the OWC is 6, maximum is 8). teams were first evaluated by total average pp, then by amount of top 2000 players, by top 1000 players, then by average pp of top 6 and average pp of top 8 players. This chart is sorted by average pp of top 6 players, however, with every measurement we used, we only got slightly different results, but we decided to be the top 6 of average pp to be the most accurate one for now to decide on tie cases like Greece and Spain.

http://puu.sh/kTxNI/785bc719c4.pdf

EDIT 2: Google Docs fucked up formulas. Fixed version: http://puu.sh/kTy7z/c26bbaf345.pdf
Unforgiven

Loctav wrote:

Spain slightly tied with Greece, but Greece provided better players in the average at the end. (based on who was a valid registree and did not violate the game rules)
Apart from some players that actually BROKE the rules, I think none of the players with better rank broke any rule apart from spamming Tillerino...
Edit: I think i wasn't clear enough, I mean the players that were actually going to play OWC and they were registered ( such as waaiiru, xelo ns, KHRiku, adrilolo9, Nazurin...) didnt break ANY since I've been playing this game.

Edit 2: Since when 5+2 = 6????????

This was the first OWC I could play, but I'm quite ashamed now. Looks like there's nothing we can do.
Frc
But, afaik, the players who broke the rules (Reifos as a example) didn't even registered so we could join.

So i don't think that I know which rules did waaiiru, xelo ns, KHRiku, Nazurin (who was unfairly restricted and unrestricted without a single word), adrilolo9 and me broke.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Neko Sanae wrote:

But, afaik, the players who broke the rules (Reifos as a example) didn't even registered so we could join.

So i don't think that I know which rules did waaiiru, xelo ns, KHRiku, Nazurin (who was unfairly restricted and unrestricted without a single word), adrilolo9 and me broke.
Contact tournaments@ppy.sh for that
adrilolo9

Izen x wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Apart from some players that actually BROKE the rules, I think none of the players with better rank broke any rule apart from spamming Tillerino...
Greece

Riven-Rank:230
Tofas-Rank:654
ThePainG7-Rank:1101
SutiBu-Rank:1016
I Like Kimas-Rank:1164
JohnyZ-Rank:2126

Average: 1048,5

Spain

Waaiiru-Rank: 265
Xelo ns-Rank:361
KHRiku-Rank:551
Nazurin-Rank:1147
adrilolo9-Rank: 1606
Neko Sanae-Rank: 1927

Average: 804

We don't broke any rule, so this is not fair.
Topic Starter
Loctav

adrilolo9 wrote:

That's a tough claim to make.
They either didn't sign up or they DID break the rules and just love to cover it up. The remaining 6 people were unable to match against Greece, so yeah. That's it.
Unforgiven

Loctav wrote:

adrilolo9 wrote:

That's a tough claim to make.
They either didn't sign up or they DID break the rules and just love to cover it up. The remaining 6 people were unable to match against Greece, so yeah. That's it.
6 players? We were 7, look at my second edit on the post I made before when possible please.
Frc

Loctav wrote:

adrilolo9 wrote:

They either didn't sign up or they DID break the rules and just love to cover it up.
And that isn't a tough claim to make aswell? We know who signed up because we organised everything in our community.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Even if I would allow one player more from the list, you would still end up below Chile and nowhere outmatch Greece. I just calculated that out, again. We use the data on sign up, by the way.
Unforgiven

Loctav wrote:

Even if I would allow one player more from the list, you would still end up below Chile and nowhere outmatch Greece. I just calculated that out, again. We use the data on sign up, by the way.
i don't want to be arrogant or something but are you sure your data was correct?

adrilolo9

Izen x wrote:

Loctav wrote:

i don't want to be arrogant or something but are you sure your data was correct?

Spain out of OWC... seems legit
Unforgiven

Loctav wrote:

EDIT 2: Google Docs fucked up formulas. Fixed version: http://puu.sh/kTy7z/c26bbaf345.pdf
Still wrong formulas...
Lea

Loctav wrote:

EDIT: whoever is concerned, here is an overview of all countries that had more or equal to 6 valid registrations (minimum team size for the OWC is 6, maximum is 8). teams were first evaluated by total average pp, then by amount of top 2000 players, by top 1000 players, then by average pp of top 6 and average pp of top 8 players. This chart is sorted by average pp of top 6 players, however, with every measurement we used, we only got slightly different results, but we decided to be the top 6 of average pp to be the most accurate one for now to decide on tie cases like Greece and Spain.

http://puu.sh/kTxNI/785bc719c4.pdf

no way man... at least if youre decided not to let us enter in the tournament dont edit 50 times your post, cause it seems that youre not even sure about it.
Frc

Izen x wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Still wrong formulas...
He didn't even change the first one so...
Topic Starter
Loctav
Formulas are correct now
adrilolo9

Loctav wrote:

Formulas are correct now
Formulas are correct now...Not for Spain tho...
Topic Starter
Loctav
Also for Spain.
Nwolf
someone who is in top 1000 is also in top 2000, it's not 2+5
Frc

Nwolf wrote:

waaiiru, xelo ns and KHRiku were top1000 by the time to register.

I think 2=/=3
Unforgiven

Nwolf wrote:

You're right, I didnt think about that, I'm sorry. But there's still the highest rank error, waaiiru wasnt 34X when he registered, it's like they didnt count with him.
Topic Starter
Loctav
And now guess why
Frc

Izen x wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

You're right, I didnt think about that, I'm sorry. nut there's still the lowest rank error, waaiiru wasnt 34X when he registered, it's like they didnt count with him.

They clearly didn't count on him, even if him being the best player on our country.
Unforgiven

Loctav wrote:

And now guess why
I can hardly guess something like that with my lack of information, but I haven't seen a single serious fault (100-200h) in his profile this year.
adrilolo9

Loctav wrote:

And now guess why
I'm fixing your formulas now.
This are Spain's stats.

Topic Starter
Loctav
There is nothing to fix. Everyone who passed the registration conditions were included into the calculations correctly. They either did not sign up or they violated the rules. In the latter case, make them contact tournaments@ppy.sh and call it a day.
Frc

Loctav wrote:

There is nothing to fix. Everyone who passed the registration conditions were included into the calculations correctly. They either did not sign up or they violated the rules. In the latter case, make them contact tournaments@ppy.sh and call it a day.

waaiiru signed up and didn't broke any rules. He isn't counted in.
Topic Starter
Loctav
One of your provided conditions does not apply then. In any case, waaiiru can discuss that with tournaments@ppy.sh
Frc

Loctav wrote:

Also for Spain.
I checked the pdf like 10 times and you did change nothing at all.
Topic Starter
Loctav
I am not going to reply to that anymore, as you obviously do not understand what I am saying. I just messed up 3-4 formulas on the top pp on a handful of columns, everything else works perfectly fine and is accurate. The doc does not show any mistakes, no further fixes are required. And I just repeat that to be sure: the doc does now show any mistakes, no further fixes are required.

Make everyone you think was excluded contact the mail address and stop disturbing this thread, please.
adrilolo9

Loctav wrote:

One of your provided conditions does not apply then. In any case, waaiiru can discuss that with tournaments@ppy.sh
Just listen to me, I think this is not correct, well you can do a mistake on doing the sheet, cause it's normal. But you are only sending the same link to the sheet again and again, saying that "now formulas are correct" but there's no change on it. We are saying you that Waaiiru is not in the sheet, so it's normal that this "formula" is wrong. And the only thing you are saying is: contact with tournaments@ppy.sh all the time. I enjoy so much osu! but I think people need to be fair doing things. And as I said this is not. I sent you an excel with the correct Spanish stats, with Waaiiru in it, and you just say, this is not correct. I was doing the average of Waaiiru, Xelo ns, KHRiku, Nazurin, adrilolo9 (me) and Neko Sanae, and we have more average than other teams that are accepted. I am just saying the truth, if I told any lies just ban me
Krah
Let's be clear.
Stop bringing your issues here.

If you think you have been spoiled and want to know the reason for what a player isn't allowed to play, he is free, as stated again and again, to send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh

Consider it as a final warning, any try to bring this topic here again will be removed from this thread.
Im so mad bro
Thanks for all the work put into this. A little bit gutted to see that Switzerland didn't get in, until I saw that we didn't have enough registrees (whoops :p). Will look forward to watching this year though :D. Anyways, OWC, is a big goal for many of our players and I'm sure we'll all continue to strive for that goal in the coming year. Best of luck to all teams accepted! :D
show more