forum

Why is rank measured in PP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ HotSalza ]
I like to take breaks from this game often, but now if I take a break for three days or so I'll already have lost 500 places in rank, merely by people who aren't necessarily playing as difficult of maps as me. They're just more active and with more maps comes more pp. Not used to posting here sorry if I didn't post in the correct spot or something.
Rilene
This needs to be at G&R.
And well.. Losing 500 rank at your current is ok.
However, losing 500 ranks on x<2500 ranks is not normal.
Black Wolf159
Take those breaks. Don't play because you need to maintain your rank, you're doing wrong bro. If you lose rank then try to practice so you can improve by yourlsef taking your time.

It's not that hard.

PD: Sirade moe.
A Medic
There are a lot of people playing this game, so therefore if you stop playing for a while people will naturally pass you.
chainpullz

[ HotSalza ] wrote:

I like to take breaks from this game often, but now if I take a break for three days or so I'll already have lost 500 places in rank, merely by people who aren't necessarily playing as difficult of maps as me. They're just more active and with more maps comes more pp. Not used to posting here sorry if I didn't post in the correct spot or something.
PP is weighted so more maps does not simply mean more pp. Your average top rank is only like 100pp so of course people who average 110pp in their top ranks will be a higher rank than you. If you don't like that then stop being shit and learn how to fc higher pp maps with some sort of consistency. I'm sure if they really cared they could get a good play on a map for 150pp.
Risa
Just keep in mind that pp / rank doesnt always equal skills. Anyone good enough should know that.
I Give Up

Reset- wrote:

Just keep in mind that pp / rank doesnt always equal skills. Anyone good enough should know that.
really i am #20k v_v
Bauxe
What the fuck should it use if it doesn't use PP?
Risa
Nothing. Pp is probably still the best option but its still flawed. So just play for fun and enjoy game.
Granger
We could go back to ranked score, because that worked so well last time, nyehehehe...
chainpullz

Granger wrote:

We could go back to ranked score, because that worked so well last time, nyehehehe...
Andrea for president.
ZenithPhantasm

Granger wrote:

^^^^
Infevo
Unless you have a suggestion what rank should be measured by instead you shouldn't even bother questionning rank as of now.

PP --> rank. Deal with it.
If you are bothered by your rank loss while claiming you play much harder things then it shouldn't be a big deal to surpass those players you talk about with ease and get your rank back.

Also keep in mind accumulated pp is growing steadily throughout the whole player base. If you don't "participate" in increasing the sum of raw pp given to all players you will naturally lose rank simply by ending up in a relatively lower position pp-wise.
Mahogany

[ HotSalza ] wrote:

They're just more active and with more maps comes more pp.
That's not how it works

There is a minor PP gain from the # of scores you have on ranked mapsets but that is impossibly minor compared to PP you gain from setting good scores.
meteor22
Hi

A more accurate way to measure your skill is your level. If you reach level 100 you are pro.
A Medic

Bauxe wrote:

What the fuck should it use if it doesn't use PP?
This aswell, what would be the 'new' system that replaces pp/
dung eater
ppv3
Endaris

Mahogany wrote:

[ HotSalza ] wrote:

They're just more active and with more maps comes more pp.
That's not how it works

There is a minor PP gain from the # of scores you have on ranked mapsets but that is impossibly minor compared to PP you gain from setting good scores.
Over 10% of my pp are from playing random maps.(291pp)
It's not that minor :o
Mahogany
As far as I read it functionally maxes out at around 416pp

Compared to the amount of PP you're getting from top ranks yes it is minor 8-)
tfg50
You are talking about ppv1, open your eyes, the pp weighting is there for this reason.
Although I do agree that PP is becoming less accurate as time goes on.
Sh0keR
If the best player in the world would stop playing, do you think he will still be the best after a year? no. same goes here people improve every day and get better than you, it's just natural you will lose ranks
Risa
But as of right now the best player is only ranked 23
Endaris
Fanboying intensifies.
meteor22

Reset- wrote:

I didn't bother to check who that is. But if he is only #23, he cannot be that good.
-Makishima S-
I didn't bother to check who that is. But if he is only #23, he cannot be that good.
But if he is only #23, he cannot be that good.
he cannot be that good.
I don't have words...

Frc

meteor22 wrote:

Reset- wrote:

Well next time you'll maybe want to check who is before looking like a idiot.
chainpullz
Excuse me but the best most skilled player is unranked.
ZenithPhantasm

meteor22 wrote:

Reset- wrote:

rrtyui not that good? Grab your pitchforks boys.
Barusamikosu
guys i think he is le troling xd