forum

Editting AR9 maps to AR7/8 OD10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chriscbj
is this practice method effective? how long do i have to practice this way ( how much acc do i need to get on the map ) and when do i stop and go back to AR9?
ZenithPhantasm
Idk
chainpullz
If you have to ask "when do I stop?" it's probably not worth your time. Some things may carry over from lower AR to ar9+ but if you don't care about being able to play lower AR in the future you might as well just practice ar9+ to get better at ar9+.
A Medic
If you're trying to practice lower AR's why don't you just download maps from that perspective AR.

Why are you trying to downscale the AR. Are you trying to get better at AR9+?

Why not upscale AR8/7 to >> 9 instead?
Topic Starter
chriscbj

A Medic wrote:

If you're trying to practice lower AR's why don't you just download maps from that perspective AR.

Why are you trying to downscale the AR. Are you trying to get better at AR9+?

Why not upscale AR8/7 to >> 9 instead?
its a practice method to improve reading
Endaris
Play EZ then.
Trying to get good reading and good acc at the same time is a bit greedy, don't you think?
Risa
If ur gonna ask abt a guide then at least share it
http://ask.fm/Rohulk/answer/130126740315
-Makishima S-
I dont understand answers from people who don't put logical explanation... like seriously.

Main reason to lower AR into 7 from 9 and change OD into 10 is learn to LISTEN TO SONG, not playing reaction based game but getting:
- way better ability to play with rhythm
- way better reading in high note density

If you play by rhythm, AR doesn't matter, good player who don't play "whack-a-mole" with proper reading can play even AR9 changed into AR0 (Millhiore for example done this already and got high acc score). It helps a lot but you need to know how to do this and for what to pay attention.

From Rohulk Ask:

Point is you play songs this way from start to finish to improve your EVERYTHING.
Accuracy and Reading due to the low AR, making you not be able to tell when to hit stuff based on the aproach circle, also high circle density.
OD10 to REALLY make you LISTEN to the song.
CS4 because it's harder to read than CS5, this training is to make you be better at reading too.
Proper explanation.
chainpullz

[Taiga] wrote:

I dont understand answers from people who don't put logical explanation... like seriously.

Main reason to lower AR into 7 from 9 and change OD into 10 is learn to LISTEN TO SONG, not playing reaction based game but getting:
- way better ability to play with rhythm
- way better reading in high note density

If you play by rhythm, AR doesn't matter, good player who don't play "whack-a-mole" with proper reading can play even AR9 changed into AR0 (Millhiore for example done this already and got high acc score). It helps a lot but you need to know how to do this and for what to pay attention.

From Rohulk Ask:

Point is you play songs this way from start to finish to improve your EVERYTHING.
Accuracy and Reading due to the low AR, making you not be able to tell when to hit stuff based on the aproach circle, also high circle density.
OD10 to REALLY make you LISTEN to the song.
CS4 because it's harder to read than CS5, this training is to make you be better at reading too.
Proper explanation.
http://ask.fm/Omgfzor/answer/133008367874
I Give Up
ar8 +200bpm maps are pretty good for that too. dont need to edit coz you just have to keep playing it and get your unstable rate down.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more CS5 AR8 shit maps to gain the powers of WWW
A Medic

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Play more CS5 AR8 shit maps to gain the powers of WWW
to become the wolf...
you have to be the wolf...
ithgyu
http://ask.fm/Rohulk/answer/130126740315

There isnt really a point where you stop. The idea behind the training is just to get better at everything, which makes playing the game at higher ar to be much easier. At the same time I think you have to know when to do the training. Imho I don't think it will help you much at all atm. You dont have any experience playing od10 and the value out of playing ar8 for the density is more valuable after learning ar10. I think you should try to get as much as possible out of nomod before doing specialized training such as this and cs7 aim training, and then when you go on to play mods, then is the time to do specific training.
silento
Yes it works. You have to play for accuracy though. If you're just messing around without making an effort to play for accuracy, you won't learn anything. If you get 75%, round up and play to aim for that (80% in this case). If you keep playing like this for a little bit, you should notice a difference if you go back to your normal songs.
Sh0keR
I tried that, got 73 acc with 50 misses.
Not going to try that ever again
ZenithPhantasm

TheArchist wrote:

Yes it works. You have to play for accuracy though. If you're just messing around without making an effort to play for accuracy, you won't learn anything. If you get 75%, round up and play to aim for that (80% in this case). If you keep playing like this for a little bit, you should notice a difference if you go back to your normal songs.
With 80% acc I doubt you are playing a rhythm game at this point. Its just whack a mole
Roxy Lalonde

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

With 80% acc I doubt you are playing a rhythm game at this point. Its just whack a mole
i always congratulated myself for having >79 acc on a hard map then i realized the magic of acc'ing stuff.

but tbh it's still a rhythm game... I only see things like Jump Training Final boss to be at the level of whack-a-mole because the only reasons people fail it are either they can't read the jumps or they can't snap onto them.
The Gambler
So, basically abuse ztrot and DJPop maps?

Basically most old nightcore shit.
silento

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

TheArchist wrote:

I was referring to the scenario he gets if he does that training. Of course it's whack a mole if you have a global 80% accuracy.
chainpullz

TheArchist wrote:

I was referring to the scenario he gets if he does that training. Of course it's whack a mole if you have a global 80% accuracy.
It's mashing if you finish below 80% accuracy period.
The Gambler

chainpullz wrote:

TheArchist wrote:

It's mashing if you finish below 80% accuracy period.