forum

Starting seriously now :3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OniGagaku
Hey guys. I first downloaded Osu 2 years ago, but did play it a few hours and didn't touch it until a few days ago. Now I have no games to play and I wanted to start playing Osu a bit more seriously, so I wanted to ask if you have any tips for a starter like me? :3
I've literally no idea, so any information of how the ranking system works, how to improve etc... would help :D
abraker
Ranking: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
How to improve: Wrong question.
How to enjoy the game: Search up your favorite songs here. Alternatively, play multiplayer.
dung eater
click on circles
do it more
try hard
circles
really
pandaBee
How do you click on circles?
Endaris
Utilize this:
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist
Go from top to bottom.
Mahogany
Don't play stuff that's way too hard for you and avoid mods for the time being. Full Combo the hardest maps you can see your self FCing and keep raising the star rating of the ones you play as you improve.
If you don't have any maps to play, ask Tillerino for a map with "!r" and FC the map he gives you (Unless you hate it) and ask him for another one, and repeat.
StephOsu

abraker wrote:

Ranking: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
How to improve: Wrong question.Play more
How to enjoy the game: Search up your favorite songs here. Alternatively, play multiplayer more.
but before playing more, play this first, then

Mahogany wrote:

Don't play stuff that's way too hard for you and avoid mods for the time being.(you can check them out for time to time though but only play it for fun) Full Combo the hardest maps you can see your self FCing and keep raising the star rating of the ones you play as you improve.
If you don't have any maps to play, ask Tillerino(List of Tillerino Commands) for a map with "!r" and FC the map he gives you (Unless you hate it) and ask him for another one, and repeat.
Rilene

eichmael wrote:

Starting seriously now :3

eichmael wrote:

:3
I bet you are not serious enough.
ZenithPhantasm
You should probaably quit while you still can
Minhtam
Begin by playing songs and maps that you personally like to play. That's how you have fun playing this game. Before you know it, you will have improved your basic fundamentals enough to seriously begin getting into the game. Trust me when I say that once you can comfortably FC Hard difficulties with 98.5% to 99.0% accuracy, the game really begins to open up for you.
abraker

StephOsu wrote:

I had a strong feeling someone would strike that.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

-Makishima S-

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

StephOsu

abraker wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

I had a strong feeling someone would strike that.
nailed it
Gumpy
Click the circles.
Click the circles slightly faster after awhile.
Repeat ∞
Spirit_Dreamer
Others already said most important things.What left is...download more maps with music you like... a lot more maps all the time.Also make map collections.Don't play same maps a lot, instead play a lot of different maps and don't ignore maps you have problem to read/do jumps/do streams.
Topic Starter
OniGagaku

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Too late. Played for 10 hours the last 2 days XD
Topic Starter
OniGagaku
Thank you all for the nice help <3
strenu
just get bunch of different beatmaps and let the nolife begin :3 also multiplayer is nice for new maps.
trebby
Start at the absolute easiest songs, and work your way up gradually. Otherwise, you'll get swamped, so be patient.
-Ene-_old_1
If your aim is to be really good or something don't do what I did. I went through some different maps looking for an approach rate that felt easy (ie as soon as I see the circle, move and click it) For me this was AR8 maps with DT...starting off with lower star ratings and working up. This is also really easy PP now Im used to it.

However the problem is I wanna play harder maps with harder patterns on nomod but I can't play them lower ARs at all without getting terrabad accuracy. To which I'm basically having to force myself to play them which is kind of not enjoyable when I keep f'in up. I was going to just use hardrock to keep the AR high...but it's to hard :)

So yeaaaaa don't do this I would say. Fuck the inflated PP and stick to nomod for sometime, I wish I did.
show more