forum

Using a tablet hurts.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loner
So i've bought a tablet i started playing a bit better than i did with mouse but after a week of tablet using it hurts using the tablet and i can't play more than a 2 minute long song without my Hand (wrist) hurts alot so i've started playing mouse again, are there any tips on how to use a tablet without all the pain?
Kert
Use a bigger area on the tablet
Infevo
How do you hold your pen?
How much force do you apply?
How does it hurt?
Where does it hurt?
How long did you already play with tablet (plays and hits)?
What else do you do in your life? Do might have RSI from school or your job?
What is your tablet area? Is it maybe too big so you have troubles with fatigue early? Is it rather small so you tense up unconsiously due to it?

Noone can help you if you just say "it hurts".

If you go to a doctor with your butt hurting you might also have to explain how exactly and why it might be the case. Else you also cause butt hurt to the doc.
I Give Up
manage pain play moderately.
Pitreq
Just keep playing.. It probably will go away when you get used to the tablet.

When i finally got my grip, my pen hand was sweating so hard, because i had a closed fist..
I changed it to don't make my hand sweaty, basicly leaving my pinky streched.. this led me to numbness in the pinky for 2-5 days.. but it went 100% away since I got used.

If you still want to change something without giving time to adapt, you should try different areas/grips/osu resolutions.
you can also try to make some streches exercises between plays..

Hopes it helps :P
Endaris
Is this my imagination or do you play mouse-only and respectively tablet-only like in tapping with your pen on each circle? Your profile makes me assume this.
Playing a tapstyle is obviously a lot more stressful for your penhand so you should involve your keyboard in the action.
Topic Starter
Loner

Infevo wrote:

How do you hold your pen?
How much force do you apply?
How does it hurt?
Where does it hurt?
How long did you already play with tablet (plays and hits)?
What else do you do in your life? Do might have RSI from school or your job?
What is your tablet area? Is it maybe too big so you have troubles with fatigue early? Is it rather small so you tense up unconsiously due to it?

Noone can help you if you just say "it hurts".

If you go to a doctor with your butt hurting you might also have to explain how exactly and why it might be the case. Else you also cause butt hurt to the doc.
I hold it like i would hold a normal pen in school but we only use pc's tho. my tablet area is pretty small, i use a bit froce to grip it without losing the pen as it's small. It hurts in the wrist and just basically almost my full hand lmao. lamost no force at all to the pen at all.
Topic Starter
Loner

Endaris wrote:

Is this my imagination or do you play mouse-only and respectively tablet-only like in tapping with your pen on each circle? Your profile makes me assume this.
Playing a tapstyle is obviously a lot more stressful for your penhand so you should involve your keyboard in the action.
When i played mouse i did mouse only now that i have a tablet i use Z/X
A Medic
Get a wrist rest off amazon they do wonders.
ZenithPhantasm
play less
Topic Starter
Loner

A Medic wrote:

Get a wrist rest off amazon they do wonders.
They don't help me at all.
GoldenWolf
Find a more comfortable position to hold your pen. Try a bunch of different grips until you find one that suits you.