posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Frostings

cHelli wrote:

NM as requested
[Normal]
  1. sudden distance change may be bad in normal imo(like in 00:18:387 (3,4) - ), i suggest to keep ds in an average about 1.1x or something( even at downbeats, still inapproriate in normal imo Because so many people are mentioning it, I went over the entire diff to see if there were things I could change that didn't need to belong. I ended up changing a couple distance issues (the ones that were a little too far and could easily be moved closer without breaking the intended structure)
  2. 00:32:487 better to be clickable at downbeat It might play better if I consider only this bar by itself, but if I used this mindset for every single bar in the song, it'll get boring pretty quick
  3. 01:15:387 (1,2) - only stack in this diff, or maybe no stack(1/4 slide and a single note)? I've actually thought about this a lot when I was mapping this part, and what I have now is the result of maximizing "ease-of-play : feel" ratio
[Hard]
  1. 00:05:487 (3,4) - jump seems no reason There is a reason :(
  2. 00:07:887 (3) - ctl+g Ok :)
  3. distance seems too large to me, maybe higher sv to suit it or just make them tider The rhythm is pretty sparse and the distancing is pretty fine from my PoV. Realistically, I think the hardest part in the whole diff is 00:10:887 (1,2,3) - which doesn't even break the holy "distance snap". And it reminds me I should probably make this easier because it is actually too hard ... :roll:

not mention all the distance thing above
[Insane]
  1. looks fine to me
Nice map :)

GL~
Tyty
Shohei Ohtani
WHAT A CALAMITY!!!
bahahahhahha!!!!!!

Extra:
00:12:312 - Would be nice to have a note here since it's pretty prominent in the melody and this is the first instance of the main melodic theme
00:43:587 (2,3,4) - would be nice to have these spaced out more so it doesn't feel so jerky
01:20:787 (1,1) - NCs need not apply

Insane:
00:02:787 (1,1,1) - like you relaly don't need these NCs. Especially because the next pattern doesn't have them
00:57:687 - Ok so this is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE diff spread issue right here. the previous part has all of these 1/4 streams but you have sliders. This makes it INCREDIBLY unbalanced between your difficulties, which is a big no no and you'll run into a lot of issues over spread here. I'd suggest mapping this part out more.

Hard:
im really lazy I'm not going to point out all of your combo blunders but like if you have multiple (1)s in a row that's generally not a good idea unless there's an explicit purpose.
00:02:487 (1) - RC states (or should state, since staff is too lazy to update it and they'll yell at me if I do it) that Hard diffs must have 1 full beat of space between the end of a spinner and the next slider. So uh this is a boo boo
00:02:487 (1,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - this is literally the same pattern from the insane im going to kill myself omfg
01:21:762 (1,1) - You could seriously map way more than just this.
01:33:687 - ok be real with me did you just fucking copy-paste parts of this map from the insane

Normal:
ok so big general statement, your spread is like really screwed here. You have a bunch of 1/2s in the hard diff, yet these are all really long sliders. This feels more like an easy diff, and there needs to be some intermediary diff between this and hard. You can even tell by the star ratings being so far apart (1.93 - 3.36 stars apart is enough to be a really big concern for easier difficulties).

It's actually like a really nice map and I love what you did with the but has some glaring spread problems that make it not ready for ranking at all.
Topic Starter
Frostings

Reditum wrote:

WHAT A CALAMITY!!!
bahahahhahha!!!!!!

Extra:
00:12:312 - Would be nice to have a note here since it's pretty prominent in the melody and this is the first instance of the main melodic theme Actually If I wanted to follow the melody precisely it would have to start another 1/4 before what you said. But I don't want to do that, which is why it's the way it is currently.
00:43:587 (2,3,4) - would be nice to have these spaced out more so it doesn't feel so jerky The antijumps are intentional to follow the music feel
01:20:787 (1,1) - NCs need not apply I had a specific system for NC and it follows. That being said, I went through the whole diff to brush up on comboing again

Insane:
00:02:787 (1,1,1) - like you relaly don't need these NCs. Especially because the next pattern doesn't have them I disagree. The next pattern is different in a way that the overlap is easily read
00:57:687 - Ok so this is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE diff spread issue right here. the previous part has all of these 1/4 streams but you have sliders. This makes it INCREDIBLY unbalanced between your difficulties, which is a big no no and you'll run into a lot of issues over spread here. I'd suggest mapping this part out more. I could map this using triples or 1/4 sliders but it's already overly done in the diff. There probably needs to be a difficulty gap between an Insane and an Expert diff, otherwise they would be the same map :roll:

Hard:
im really lazy I'm not going to point out all of your combo blunders but like if you have multiple (1)s in a row that's generally not a good idea unless there's an explicit purpose. There is an explicit purpose :)
00:02:487 (1) - RC states (or should state, since staff is too lazy to update it and they'll yell at me if I do it) that Hard diffs must have 1 full beat of space between the end of a spinner and the next slider. So uh this is a boo boo If someone brings it up, I'll look at it again :oops:
00:02:487 (1,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - this is literally the same pattern from the insane im going to kill myself omfg Um It's not the same pattern, but they are definitely similar. Weird, it's like the two diffs are the same song mapped by the same mapper in the same style...
01:21:762 (1,1) - You could seriously map way more than just this. Spinners are probably not the best fit here, but I like them as they set this section apart from the others, and spinners in Hard are usually difficult and exciting. The spinners set the player up perfectly for the next section in the song
01:33:687 - ok be real with me did you just fucking copy-paste parts of this map from the insane Nope, I don't look at my own maps for inspiration

Normal:
ok so big general statement, your spread is like really screwed here. You have a bunch of 1/2s in the hard diff, yet these are all really long sliders. This feels more like an easy diff, and there needs to be some intermediary diff between this and hard. You can even tell by the star ratings being so far apart (1.93 - 3.36 stars apart is enough to be a really big concern for easier difficulties). Before I started mapping Normal, I had two things in mind: 1. I wanted only 4 diffs in this set. 2. I wanted the easiest diff to have relatively fast AR and SV with uncommon DS. Because of RC's <2.00 star rule, I decided to map relatively easy rhythm to compensate for my decisions for the diff's properties. I don't see your point about star rating as those values are arbitrary, but I can see the problem with the rhythm discrepancies.... I feel Normal is on the very difficult side of an Easy diff, and Hard is on the easy side of a Hard diff, and I don't really think the spread suffers from a lack of a traditional "Normal" diff

It's actually like a really nice map and I love what you did with the but has some glaring spread problems that make it not ready for ranking at all.
Thanks for modding !
SnowNiNo_
From my queue

1pc test play
[Insane]
im just giving suggestion to make your map better to play, cause i cant find some big problem owo
00:09:687 (1,2) - make DS bigger since is not 1/2
00:34:887 (1,2) - ^
00:55:887 (4,5) - ^
00:10:587 (6) - NC off and 00:10:887 (1) - NC
00:35:787 (6) - ^
00:12:087 (1) - change to as same as 00:12:087 (1) - or 00:12:087 (1) -
00:42:087 (1) - dont need to NC here ..
00:47:487 (1,1) - avoid overlap
00:57:687 - i really think there is a better mapping at this part, instead of just sliders
01:09:687 - i got lots of 50s and 100s here, maybe is the note 01:10:587 (4) - that confused me, cause there is no note at 01:08:187 - and 01:09:387 - , so maybe you can consider to delete 01:10:587 (4) - in order to not confused player
01:24:837 - add a note
01:34:287 (3) - make the note as same as 01:33:987 (2) - , fit the music more
01:35:487 (3) - ^

1pc test play
[Cataclysm]
00:11:187 (3) - change-speed slider suggest to NC since it confused player with no NC, for example 01:26:787 (1,1,1) - and 01:40:587 (3,1,1,1) -
00:23:787 (4) - ^
00:36:387 (3) - ^
00:12:237 - add a note, you mapped every section after but why no mapped here
00:58:212 - if you follow the music here, no reason to separate streams, same as 01:00:012 - 01:00:612 - 01:02:412 - 01:03:012 - 01:03:312 - 01:04:512 - 01:05:412 - 01:05:562 -
02:00:762 (7,8,9) - awkward flow

GL~ :)
Topic Starter
Frostings
I didn't go through with any distance changes because I want the anti-jumps there
Some of the NC suggestions I didn't change because either I'm following the downbeat, or putting NC to signify SV change doesn't actually give warning that well because it's right in the middle of the pattern. Putting the NC will also ruin the intended combo pattern

Some of the notes suggested to add, I didn't because I want to vary the rhythm a little bit
The sliders in Insane I might break them up into more objects later... Currently I think they're alright at best, and maybe it's better to make the map more dense

Thanks for the mod ! :)
Ujimatsu Chiya
From Modding Queues

[General]
  1. looooooool funny BG , but is it safe? o.o

[Extra]
  1. 00:12:087 - How about add KiAi here? owo
  2. 00:11:187 (3) - little confused x_x add NC pls
  3. 00:11:937 (7) - how about think change 1/4 slider? we can heard 00:12:012 - this sounds enough.
  4. 00:17:787 (1) - remove NC and add NC 00:18:087 (5) - instead.
  5. 01:21:687 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - how about this thythem? It can more fit with electric sounds and can more emphasize 01:22:587 (10) - clap sound

[Hard]
  1. 00:47:487 (1,2,3) - hm... make reverse slider to more easy to play? o3o\

[Normal]
  1. different object's distance and 1.93 stars... well.. I don't think so this diff is not good for lowest dff. you're mapping awsome. try to make easy. you can.
  2. 01:12:087 (1,2,3,4) - are you sure this rhythem really fit with song?? Idk what sounds you want to follow.

woooooo BN pls rank this!!!
Topic Starter
Frostings

eINess wrote:

From Modding Queues o/

[General]
  1. looooooool funny BG , but is it safe? o.o
what do you mean? It's a masterpiece :)

[Extra]
  1. 00:12:087 - How about add KiAi here? owo mm.. I don't like adding too much kiai in maps
  2. 00:11:187 (3) - little confused x_x add NC pls NC kinda ruins my intended pattern.. :(
  3. 00:11:937 (7) - how about think change 1/4 slider? we can heard 00:12:012 - this sounds enough. oks :)
  4. 00:17:787 (1) - remove NC and add NC 00:18:087 (5) - instead. Did something else
  5. 01:21:687 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - how about this thythem? It can more fit with electric sounds and can more emphasize 01:22:587 (10) - clap sound
    ooh I like this

[Hard]
  1. 00:47:487 (1,2,3) - hm... make reverse slider to more easy to play? o3o\ ok

[Normal]
  1. different object's distance and 1.93 stars... well.. I don't think so this diff is not good for lowest dff. you're mapping awsome. try to make easy. you can. Hmm.. I want the easiest diff to be simple but not too trivial. If it was a slow song, I would agree and make an easier diff, but I think a really easy 1-star diff wouldn't fit with the song. I could make one similar style as Normal but using a lot of 1/1 and 2/1 sliders, but the difficulty would be similar and, in my opinion, it would ruin the spread more than leaving it as it is
  2. 01:12:087 (1,2,3,4) - are you sure this rhythem really fit with song?? Idk what sounds you want to follow. I actually tried a lot of things here and this has probably the best rhythm:playable ratio
모딩 고맙습니다 :)
mulraf
Hey from my queue o/

General:
__________________________________________________________________________________

- well. that's an interesting uh.... bg... you got there. to say the least. erm yeah. don't know about that.
- there's a lot of different slider verlocities in the various difficulties. this is NOT a rule JUST a guideline - give it a thought. at least for some velocities that are very, very close:
"A maximum of three slider velocities should be used (including 1x). For example, you could have a single map using 0.6x, 0.8x, and 1x; or 0.75x, 1x, and 1.5x; etc. If more than three slider velocities are used, then they should make sense and be intuitive. If slider velocity changes are able to be merged (e.g. close values like 0.8x and 0.7x) while still flowing/working correctly, then they should be. "
- 02:11:037 (1) - This spinner isn't ending right on the tick in every difficulty.

Normal:
__________________________________________________________________________________

- 01:09:687 (1) - Starting at this note you already change the NC pattern to every 2 downbeats again, however, the change in the songs is a bit later. i'd recommend nc'ing every downbeat like before that and starting with every second one at 01:16:887 (1) again

Hard:

- 00:16:812 (4) - i'd recommend removing this note since it's a bit hard and doesn't flow as good (and i don't hear that sound there anyways).
- 00:25:962 (5) - ^
- 00:44:487 (1) - delete the hitcircle, move the spinner 1 tick closer and extend it one tick :?
- 01:10:887 (4) - NC here instead of the next tick
- 02:09:687 (3) - NC

Insane:

- 00:37:287 (1) 00:39:687 (1) 00:42:087 (1) - i don't know. i just can't bring myself to like this circle right before the spinner. in my opinion it'd be better if the spinner just started one tick earlier. but i guess for the insane difficulty this is fine and is rather your taste. just think about it. this happens more often throughout the difficulty and i personally never like it and i think the song would also be matched if you used the other solution :x
- 01:00:087 (1) - nice pattern but there is no change in the song and that spinner is very slow and easy for insane. i'd think about changing it to 2 different spinners with mini-streams or mini fast repeat-slider-whatever's like in the following similar sections as well

I'll skip catacylsm since it's a bit to hard for me (even though i can nearly make it through the first half :P)
and sorry for the vague mod. it's a very original/creative way you did this beatmap (which i like). but since i'm kinda new at mapping/modding i don't have that much experience with those creative patterns. e.g. the nc's look really, really spooky :P but i guess i still get the idea most of the time. but sometimes i'm just confused lol.
Topic Starter
Frostings

mulraf wrote:

Hey from my queue o/

General:

- well. that's an interesting uh.... bg... you got there. to say the least. erm yeah. don't know about that. Yeah took me a while to get it perfect
- there's a lot of different slider verlocities in the various difficulties. this is NOT a rule JUST a guideline - give it a thought. at least for some velocities that are very, very close:
"A maximum of three slider velocities should be used (including 1x). For example, you could have a single map using 0.6x, 0.8x, and 1x; or 0.75x, 1x, and 1.5x; etc. If more than three slider velocities are used, then they should make sense and be intuitive. If slider velocity changes are able to be merged (e.g. close values like 0.8x and 0.7x) while still flowing/working correctly, then they should be. " I would argue the difference in .1x SV change is pretty noticeable in high bpm. ...I actually don't know how I choose my SV values, it's pretty random (or sometimes extremely specific if I want to create certain slider)
- 02:11:037 (1) - This spinner isn't ending right on the tick in every difficulty. I've done it intentionally. (I think?) the music stops right there

Normal:

- 01:09:687 (1) - Starting at this note you already change the NC pattern to every 2 downbeats again, however, the change in the songs is a bit later. i'd recommend nc'ing every downbeat like before that and starting with every second one at 01:16:887 (1) again Hmm.. I think I chose to NC every downbeat just to highlight the long sliders individually rather than coupling them together. After they end, no need to maintain the combo pattern

Hard:

- 00:16:812 (4) - i'd recommend removing this note since it's a bit hard and doesn't flow as good (and i don't hear that sound there anyways). Think it plays fine. Also I hear a sound there :(
- 00:25:962 (5) - ^ What do you have against triples !! >:( :oops:
- 00:44:487 (1) - delete the hitcircle, move the spinner 1 tick closer and extend it one tick :? Probably play better, but also boring :)
- 01:10:887 (4) - NC here instead of the next tick No need I think (I actually found a weird timing point because of this suggestion though, so pretty cool)
- 02:09:687 (3) - NC o true

Insane:

- 00:37:287 (1) 00:39:687 (1) 00:42:087 (1) - i don't know. i just can't bring myself to like this circle right before the spinner. in my opinion it'd be better if the spinner just started one tick earlier. but i guess for the insane difficulty this is fine and is rather your taste. just think about it. this happens more often throughout the difficulty and i personally never like it and i think the song would also be matched if you used the other solution :x Nah you're delusional :) (or maybe I am)
- 01:00:087 (1) - nice pattern but there is no change in the song and that spinner is very slow and easy for insane. i'd think about changing it to 2 different spinners with mini-streams or mini fast repeat-slider-whatever's like in the following similar sections as well Noo my slider :( Hmm.. Previously here I had it all filled with long sliders. I agree the transition is really awkward.. I might undermap the part right before it instead to make it flow better

I'll skip catacylsm since it's a bit to hard for me (even though i can nearly make it through the first half :P)
and sorry for the vague mod. it's a very original/creative way you did this beatmap (which i like). but since i'm kinda new at mapping/modding i don't have that much experience with those creative patterns. e.g. the nc's look really, really spooky :P but i guess i still get the idea most of the time. but sometimes i'm just confused lol. sp00ky NCs
Thanks for the mod ! :)
Shyotamaze
Hi, from uuh.. idk I'm lost

General
  1. Nothing to say
Normal
  1. Check AIMod, you need to be careful with the DS in that difficulty since you don't have an Easy
    EDIT: shit wrong diff name lmao
Hard
  1. 00:14:187 (4,1) - No blanket?
  2. 01:47:787 (4,1) - ^
Insane
  1. 00:07:587 (4,5) - No blanket?
  2. 00:08:787 (2,3) - ^
  3. 01:00:087 (1) - I love this slider dude
  4. 01:16:887 (1) - No shape? :( (it still looks nice but a shape would be better imo)
  5. 02:08:487 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - That ending may be a bit too similar to the Hard
Hm yea quality mod amirite guys :^), if you don't rank it with that background I'll cry
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Frostings

Shyotamaze wrote:

Hi, from uuh.. idk I'm lost

General
  1. Nothing to say
Hard
  1. Check AIMod, you need to be careful with the DS in that difficulty since you don't have an Easy I use DS as a guideline, not a rule
Hard
  1. 00:14:187 (4,1) - No blanket? Style preference
  2. 01:47:787 (4,1) - ^
Insane
  1. 00:07:587 (4,5) - No blanket?
  2. 00:08:787 (2,3) - ^
  3. 01:00:087 (1) - I love this slider dude Thanks ;)
  4. 01:16:887 (1) - No shape? :( (it still looks nice but a shape would be better imo) I really like the slow straight slider, works pretty well with the music and the patterns that follow
  5. 02:08:487 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - That ending may be a bit too similar to the Hard Yeah... It's the same for the three higher diffs. I use it because it's probably the best pattern to use there and to give the mapset a sense of unity I guess
Hm yea quality mod amirite guys :^), if you don't rank it with that background I'll cry :^)
Good luck!
Thanks for checking it out ;)
Kibbleru
01:39:687 - :D

[[HitObjects]
28,28,99687,6,0,B|31:95|8:186|8:186|45:145|89:145,1,251.99998664856
165,106,99987,6,0,B|209:114|209:114|205:72|163:46|104:69|82:139|104:175|145:208|195:187,1,314.9999833107
272,196,100287,6,0,B|287:107|319:77|319:77|350:107|360:191|360:191|342:155|299:152,1,314.9999833107
436,144,100587,6,0,B|479:134|489:89|474:52|457:41|457:41|445:93|451:194|465:236|418:274,1,359.999980926514
52,280,101187,6,0,B|150:242|188:308|284:270,1,236.24998973608
296,360,101487,6,0,B|199:397|161:331|63:369,1,236.24998973608

01:39:687 - 1.6 sv
rest r 2.0 xd
Topic Starter
Frostings

Kibbleru wrote:

watagod
Kibbleru
dis guy trying to be edgy with his low diffs again xd
those normal diff jumps
Topic Starter
Frostings
fight the DS meta!
Moa
From my queue
Sorry for late
BG is so good
It's sooooo nice Map!
[Normal]
I Think You'll Use Distance Snap In Normal Diff
Jumps are hard
01:21:687 (1) - I think this slider is waste rhythm
[hard]
00:14:187 (4,1) - Blanket?
00:11:787 (5,1) - spacing is so distant?
00:36:987 (3,1) - ^
00:33:987 (2,3) - ^
01:04:887 (1) - Move it down It's meet with HP bar
good map
[Insane]
Nothing to say
[Extra]
sorry i can't mod over Extra Diff

Sorry for Baka Mods
It's so nice and funny map!
Topic Starter
Frostings
I fixed a little bit of distance ;)
Mechanizen
Yep o/

Some details"

Hard
00:03:687 (1,2,1) The spacing there can be smarter:

These 2 sliders and the circle have the same spacing on timeline so why don't they have thet same spacing on the map?
This can be better like that:

00:16:737 (3,4,1) Maybe make a single combo with this stipple (1,2,3)
Cataclysm
Little things"

00:51:687 (1) NC ?

00:52:887 (1) ^

01:22:137 (5,6,7,8,9) All stacks in that part are 3 note stacks. And there we got a 5 note stack, this might be confusing, just saying.

Nice map!
Gl for rank :D
Topic Starter
Frostings
o fixed all except the NC's (don't know what you mean by that :()
Thanks for modding! :)
Mechanizen
I mean hitsound NC = Normal Clap :D
4399guangguang
[Cataclysm]

01:34:287 (9) - Change it into a short slider
01:35:487 (9) - ^

[Insane]

Too many spinners.

00:01:287 (1) - Spinner is quite strange
01:00:087 (1) - Not really understand this slow star slider

[Hard]

The distance between objects is weird.

8 spinners,seriously? :D :D

00:12:087 (1) - Put it right next to the previous slider
00:21:687 (1) - Shorten it by 1 beat
00:26:487 (1,1,1,1) - These are not necessary to split into 4 combos.Also don't put too close to each other
00:32:187 (4) - Distance dude
00:38:487 (2) - NC
00:52:887 (1) - dat distance
00:58:887 (1) - A little bit closer is okay
01:11:787 (2) - Put it upside down
01:18:987 (1) - Follow the sequence
01:27:687 (1,1,1,1) - No NC,too close
01:31:887 (4) - Strange distance
01:34:287 (3) - Short slider as the previous two
01:39:687 (1) - Put it closer to the sliders
01:44:487 (1) - Distance
01:50:487 (1) - Slider velocity is strange to be suddenly slowed down
Topic Starter
Frostings

4399guangguang wrote:

[Cataclysm]

01:34:287 (9) - Change it into a short slider Not a bad idea, but extremely hard to implement for me with the way I've set up the pattern and I think just a note is ok too
01:35:487 (9) - ^

[Insane]

Too many spinners. What do you have against spinners :)

00:01:287 (1) - Spinner is quite strange Plays fine (I think)
01:00:087 (1) - Not really understand this slow star slider Oh yeah I was gonna change up this section so it feels better. Did that now

[Hard]

The distance between objects is weird.

8 spinners,seriously? :D :D C:

00:12:087 (1) - Put it right next to the previous slider It is D:
00:21:687 (1) - Shorten it by 1 beat ?
00:26:487 (1,1,1,1) - These are not necessary to split into 4 combos.Also don't put too close to each other Mmm looks alright
00:32:187 (4) - Distance dude Jumps op
00:38:487 (2) - NC o
00:52:887 (1) - dat distance
00:58:887 (1) - A little bit closer is okay This actually just took me an hour to implement, no joke
01:11:787 (2) - Put it upside down Nah
01:18:987 (1) - Follow the sequence Want to make the beat different for the light whistle
01:27:687 (1,1,1,1) - No NC,too close
01:31:887 (4) - Strange distance
01:34:287 (3) - Short slider as the previous two Ehhh It's alright
01:39:687 (1) - Put it closer to the sliders
01:44:487 (1) - Distance
01:50:487 (1) - Slider velocity is strange to be suddenly slowed down Very intentional D:
Thanks for modding !!
Kibbleru
man its so good but soo edgy
Nathan
from queue

[Cataclysm]
  1. 00:10:887 (1,2,3,4) - Feels forced for visuals and hurts readability. I don't even see the point of 3 and 4 having different slider velocities when they're pretty much the same sound, the only difference is that the sound for 3 is held a little bit longer.
  2. 00:24:087 (1,2,3) - This angle just feels very weird to snap on imo, maybe ctrl+g 3 for a sharper movement?
  3. 00:30:687 (5,6) - I'd space this further away so it doesn't get mistaken as a slider leniency 1/4 jump coming from 00:30:387 (4)
  4. 00:33:087 (5,6) - ^
  5. 00:36:087 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing mentioned in the first point
  6. 00:39:087 (6,1) - This anti-jump felt unintuitive since there's still a drum hit on 00:39:237
  7. 00:57:387 (9) - I'd NC this for more readability as a 3/4, the slowdown does make sense but it's still very abrupt
  8. 01:22:737 (1,1) - I don't see the purpose behind these NCs, it's just in the midst of 1/2 jump spam and those notes aren't mapped to any unique sounds
  9. 01:27:387 (1) - A huge slider velocity boost here really isn't fitting for such a weak and almost inaudible sound, plus the slider ends on 01:27:537 which much stronger. Maybe have the slider velocity increase on 01:27:537 instead
  10. 01:28:137 (4,5,6) - This isn't following the melody properly like 01:27:912 (2,3,7,8,9). 6 should be moved forward by a tick and then 5 should be turned into a 1/4 slider.
  11. 01:54:087 (1,2) - This gap in the rhythm feels out of place for the peak of the song
[Normal]
  1. Uh, this diff is fine, but it can't possibly be used as the lowest diff in the spread when there are so many ds jumps (unless those were unintentional). Also, the overall density feels more like an easy than a normal since you have so many 4/1 and 2/1 sliders and very little 1/2. There's a large gap between this and the hard diff.
[Hard]
  1. 00:02:487 (1,1,1,1) - Why is there NC spam here? It's no different than 00:04:887 (1,2,3,4) and 00:07:287 (1,2,3,4), and there's nothing really special going on in the music
  2. 00:05:487 (3,4) - Nothing happens in the song but all of a sudden there's a huge jump here, seems like the pattern was forced
  3. 00:37:287 (1,1,1,1) - I still don't understand the purpose of the NC spam, that goes for 00:39:687 (1,1,1,1) too
  4. 00:40:887 (1,2,3) - This is difficult to read as a polarity change, you spaced them like 1/2 but players will naturally ignore 1/4 slider tails anyways
  5. I guess this is more of a personal thing, but I think players will find stuff like 00:44:562 (1,1) and 01:12:087 (1,1) extremely underwhelming and boring for their level of skill. Imo you can definitely map some of those parts out more.
[Insane]
  1. 00:02:487 (1,1,1,1) - Again, I don't see the point of the NC spam
  2. 00:09:687 (1,2,3) - This polarity change is pretty difficult to read with this spacing, especially with a 1/2 jump right before which is higher in distance. I'd space them out more
  3. 00:34:887 (1,2,3) - ^
  4. 01:27:387 (1) - Same thing mentioned in Calamity diff
good luck!
Topic Starter
Frostings

sukiNathan wrote:

from queue

[Cataclysm]
  1. 00:10:887 (1,2,3,4) - Feels forced for visuals and hurts readability. I don't even see the point of 3 and 4 having different slider velocities when they're pretty much the same sound, the only difference is that the sound for 3 is held a little bit longer. The intention isn't really for the visual, I want the SV to slow down then speed up quickly again exactly the way it is now because that's how I feel the music plays. I could potentially substitute (3) as a single circle instead if it's too much of a problem, but since the visual did work out alright, I'd rather keep it if possible ;)
  2. 00:24:087 (1,2,3) - This angle just feels very weird to snap on imo, maybe ctrl+g 3 for a sharper movement? I don't understand. Ctrl+G doesn't seem like a good option either
  3. 00:30:687 (5,6) - I'd space this further away so it doesn't get mistaken as a slider leniency 1/4 jump coming from 00:30:387 (4) Quite readable with high AR + I don't want to disrupt the pattern too much :)
  4. 00:33:087 (5,6) - ^
  5. 00:36:087 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing mentioned in the first point
  6. 00:39:087 (6,1) - This anti-jump felt unintuitive since there's still a drum hit on 00:39:237 Hmm, I don't like it, I think. I'm mapping the strongest prominent sounds to emphasize them further. Giving too much love to the insignificant side skits moves attention away from the main act
  7. 00:57:387 (9) - I'd NC this for more readability as a 3/4, the slowdown does make sense but it's still very abrupt I think it's fine, don't wanna be NC'ing randomly ;) ;) :)
  8. 01:22:737 (1,1) - I don't see the purpose behind these NCs, it's just in the midst of 1/2 jump spam and those notes aren't mapped to any unique sounds This is entirely for visual purposes to satisfy probably only myself. So, in my head, I find NC in the middle of a polygon very satisfying if it's disconnected from the notes that follow, so that's why the first NC is there. The second NC is there mainly to follow the previous NC pattern :)
  9. 01:27:387 (1) - A huge slider velocity boost here really isn't fitting for such a weak and almost inaudible sound, plus the slider ends on 01:27:537 which much stronger. Maybe have the slider velocity increase on 01:27:537 instead Disagree. There's no sound from your suggested timestamp to the next beat. I opted to implicitly map the strong sound at your timestamp with the shape of the slider angling sharply and ending abruptly on it
  10. 01:28:137 (4,5,6) - This isn't following the melody properly like 01:27:912 (2,3,7,8,9). 6 should be moved forward by a tick and then 5 should be turned into a 1/4 slider. To account for the stronger drums, this is the best rhythm I can come up with
  11. 01:54:087 (1,2) - This gap in the rhythm feels out of place for the peak of the song Fixed ;)
[Normal]
  1. Uh, this diff is fine, but it can't possibly be used as the lowest diff in the spread when there are so many ds jumps (unless those were unintentional). Also, the overall density feels more like an easy than a normal since you have so many 4/1 and 2/1 sliders and very little 1/2. There's a large gap between this and the hard diff.

Maybe I don't know much about this, but from my experience, new players struggle mainly with slider mechanics and low AR (I've introduced countless friends to this game and every single one of them has the same problem if they're not already musically-inclined). The way I opt to map lower-end diffs is to not worry about DS because that's actually not something new players struggle with (people know how to use their mouse to click things, they're just maybe not used to clicking it at exactly the right time). So I use higher AR to make the map more readable, and faster SV to ease on learning slider mechanics. I use simpler rhythm so the map is still easy to follow, and then I can map more visually since I'm no longer restricted by DS or slow SV. That's the style choice on how I map anyways.... I really honestly disagree that this can't be the lowest diff. Something easier will be completely mundane and will hurt the set in my opinion.

As for the difficulty gap between Normal and Hard, I think the gap between Hard and Insane is almost identical, and similarly Insane to Extra. Since hitting higher difficulty caps grows exponentially, the skill required to improve from playing the Normal to Hard is actually similar to that from Hard to Insane. I actually think the biggest gap is from Insane to Extra in this case, but people are generally more lenient about that which is why it's the way it is. Hope I can get my point across.

(Oh yeah, also, that being said, 1/2 jumps in Normals is completely not fine and I never do anything like that. Also using 1/2 sliders like you suggest would probably require me to overlap them, and I think overlapped 1/2 sliders with CS3 are super ugly)
[Hard]
  1. 00:02:487 (1,1,1,1) - Why is there NC spam here? It's no different than 00:04:887 (1,2,3,4) and 00:07:287 (1,2,3,4), and there's nothing really special going on in the music So, without NC spam, it looks really weird to me just because of the pattern. NC spam just for the visuals as the sliders completely overlap one another :)
  2. 00:05:487 (3,4) - Nothing happens in the song but all of a sudden there's a huge jump here, seems like the pattern was forced I can't deny, this was 100% fullly-intentionally forced :( Visuals > all :)
  3. 00:37:287 (1,1,1,1) - I still don't understand the purpose of the NC spam, that goes for 00:39:687 (1,1,1,1) too
  4. 00:40:887 (1,2,3) - This is difficult to read as a polarity change, you spaced them like 1/2 but players will naturally ignore 1/4 slider tails anyways Not for Hard players
  5. I guess this is more of a personal thing, but I think players will find stuff like 00:44:562 (1,1) and 01:12:087 (1,1) extremely underwhelming and boring for their level of skill. Imo you can definitely map some of those parts out more. I love spinners :oops: I actually think they're really exciting, especially for the average osu player (I could be completely wrong of course)
[Insane]
  1. 00:02:487 (1,1,1,1) - Again, I don't see the point of the NC spam
  2. 00:09:687 (1,2,3) - This polarity change is pretty difficult to read with this spacing, especially with a 1/2 jump right before which is higher in distance. I'd space them out more Anti-jump
  3. 00:34:887 (1,2,3) - ^
  4. 01:27:387 (1) - Same thing mentioned in Calamity diff
good luck!
Ty ty
pkk
Regarding that jump in hard diff (00:05:787 (4) - ), you can try moving it to x 332 y 280 or something and it would still look nice since the slider heads form a triangle, plus you also get the jump for emphasis idk if you would find that nice-looking though 1 !! ! because i am not frostings !

also in the same diff I'm 420% sure this 00:11:787 (5) - is unrankable due to the previous slidertail covering the repeat so you should get that checked out !!

no kds b yE
Topic Starter
Frostings
oooOOOO !!!@ ! looks super cool but I think I like how it is a littttle bit better ; dd ddd

also did a little investigation with the unrankable slider & looks like you're right !! That was a close one :? :? :? :? :? :idea:
Kibbleru
normal
00:32:187 (4,1,2) - i know ur doing jumps an all but i think this one in particular is kinda bad due to the misleading flow in the jump, which can cause confusion imo.
Topic Starter
Frostings
Fixed ;)
Avishay
Hey! Coming from Beatmap Management!

I love it, the normal is great in my opinion, I really think it is time for the lower difficulties standard to change.
Lower diffs should have simple rhythm that goes well with the song, as for the spacing, changes as drastic as here wouldn't work with every song, but it is working really well here. There isn't any reason to keep the movement dull in such a song and I am almost certain beginners will enjoy this.

Although I'd still want to get some new players to play it and confirm my thoughts, good luck!
Myxo
Quoting from the thread in Beatmap Management :3

Desperate-kun wrote:

Talking about the actual map, I do understand the concept behind it. Jumps are used in a way mappers typically use them in any diff higher than Normal. From the perspective of an experimental mapper it doesn't make much sense to use an entirely different concept (distance snapping all the way through) in the Normal if anything up from Hard is allowed to have big jumps after sliders, so that concept is used for the Normal too. It is also used consistently and the patterns are clearly structured and make sense.

Now there is the problem that in most situations there is a direction change directly after the jumps, leading to setups that might be very hard to read for newbie players. Just to give a few examples:
00:04:887 (1,2) -
00:07:287 (1,2) -
00:13:887 (3,1) -
For each of those, the tail of the second slider is closer to the previous object than it's head. This is repeated throughout the whole map. That means this Normal requires the skill of differentiating between sliderhead and slidertail via approach circles / numbers on sliders, which is a skill most Normal difficulty players don't have.

Another problem I can see is that many of the jumps are almost twice as big as the regular distance spacing, which means the 2/1-gaps could be misread as 1/1-jumps too (or the other way around, but 1/1-jumps are used much more frequently and introduced way earlier). There are different ways professional players read complicated rhythms like that, paying close attention to approach circles (very hard) and playing after intuition (objects will more likely start on a white / red tick than a blue tick for example (for higher diffs), which would mean objects will more likely start on beat 1 or 3 than beat 2 or 4 transfered to this particular map) are two of them. The map is not made in a way that would contradict these strategies, but those are skills that most Normal difficulty players don't have either.

I would say the difficulty does well at what it's trying to do but it doesn't fit as the lowest difficulty of the mapset due to the advanced skills required to play it that I explained above. I would recommend to add an Easy difficulty that introduces jump usage, but doesn't do the things I mentioned above (meaning it DOESN'T use jumps with direction changes directly after and it DOESN'T use jumps twice as big as the standard spacing). That would most likely be the best option.

I'm sorry for my complex sentences here, I didn't really know how to put it more simple though.
If you have any questions regarding my statement feel free to contact me ingame. Also note that I am probably allowing more freedom than most other QATs would, because I have a pretty open view on things and this is a pretty uncommon topic, so if you do what I said above your difficulty might still be unrankable from the view of other QATs.

EDIT: Also, yeah, get some testplays and confirm or deny for yourself :)
Irreversible
The Normal can get through like this but imo a lower diff is definitely needed as this is not suitable for one in my opininon. I was expecting less jumps when I've read that there are jumps in a normal (and I think it can work if you want to increase it for certain circumstances) but that one is kind of too much as lowest diff.
riffy
I would never allow anything like jumps in any kind of Normals. Normal is exactly what its name suggests and its purpose is to give players a push they need to shift from Easy to Hard. Jumps don't work and won't work under any circumstances in a Normal difficulty.

Name it Advanced and get a proper Normal done, if you still want to use the jumps.

Easier difficulties simply must not use this kind of patterns as this breaks the entire idea of having lower diffs. As if using jumps on higher difficulties is not enough of a challenge.
Avena
what the hell is going on in here why did Flower change his name
Shohei Ohtani
why are you guys complaining about the fucking jump in normal when you could be complaining about the spread being literally awful. Take care of that before getting nitpicky on other stuff. Refer to my post here: p/4850334 . Looking through the updated map, I'm seeing that ALL of the diffs have very large spread issues. There are points in calamity for instance where I'm doing 1/4 streams but in insane I'm following a 3/1 slider.

Anyways, ima just pop in here since I can't reply to the Beatmap Management thread

I think it's fucking retarded to assume that normal players work like machines, primarily in the sense that, regardless of anything, they will always think in distance spacing. There's a science on how to give approchable jumps in easier difficulties

1) There must be a large amount of space preceding the jump. If the map has been doing consistent 1/1, and there is a 1/1 jump of 1.5x DS, then hell yeah, that's stupid. But if you've been doing 1/1, then have 2 beats of blank space, the player isn't going to think "like zoinks scoob the next note must be a x321 y232 which i can derive due to the distance spacing present in the map" This doesn't allow people to make stupidly crazy jumps, but I think especially in the example posted before ( 00:33:087 (1,2,1) - ) , that this falls into the category of being set up nicely.

2) The spacing must continue to be normal after the initial jump. This goes back to normal spacing easily. There is no extremely perceived change of spacing because the player isn't calculating the distance between (1) and (2), but can much more easily realize that (2) and NC(1) are the same spacing as before, and therefore the same spacing on the timeline.

3) This can't be abused. It's not abused, as far as I know.

Does that mean that there aren't problematic jumps? Of course not.

00:39:687 (1) - This is kind of a big jump for normal players. Especially because the rest of the pattern doesn't follow this increased spacing. If you're going to have a repeated pattern, the fluxuations of spacing must be the same each time so that it makes sense to the player. Placement on the timeline shouldn't be a guessing game.

But the notion that "omg everything must be perfect space" is incredibly silly.
riffy
If a player is capable of reading jumps they should proceed to Hard difficulties, Normals give them an idea of distance spacing and interrupting this is irrational and will have a negative impact on future mapping in general.

With all of the explanation given above, I've to say just one thing, players are not machines indeed, but they are getting used to more intense rhythms and breaking that process with jumps is not an option to me.

Jumps are breaking normal spacing values, this statement alone makes the idea of using jumps in Normals inappropriate.
Shiirn
Popping into soon-to-be-drama thread to say that jumps in normal are fine, but not when they're literally double the standard spacing - 1.5x would be the maximum i'd ever allow and thats for when the music really, really fits it.

CDFA, the whole "time vs distance" thing was pointed out 6 years ago - expontential spacing as a rule still applies perfectly to most distance snap difficulties (half distance for 1/4, normal for 1/2, 1.5 distance for 1/1, any distance for 2/1) at high normal or higher depending on bpm.

I just went over this in a thread earlier, but the overall gist is that when you are brand new to rhythm games, space = time. Reading, as a skill, directly climbs up a ladder from "individual approach circles" (in Easy and below) to "Getting used to beat timing" which is Normal level - this is where space=time ties in, as most Normals introduce 1/2 into the mix in some forms and reading spacing is important to get a feel for when the music swaps from its major beat to including more dense beats, to Hard level, where you start to actually listen to the music and start expecting to play most bits of it, to Insane where you're comfortable with musical patterns that appear in most songs and most of the reading you do is in interpreting how this particular map follows its musical cues.

Extra and above simply adds more density and more interpretive spacing that causes players to start relying on peripheral vision and pattern recognition to ht larger spaced jumps and denser streams.

Now, if you look at this map, and then look at the general definitions of each individual skill level as listed above, you'll see why this spread is horrible. Normal is a mess of inconsistent spacing that is unreadable for a new player because it follows musical cues that they haven't figured out yet - that's Hard to Insane level, not normal. Jumps on kick beats and higher spacing on instruments is okay to have in a normal as a form of introduction, but this map is so full of them and densely packed that it is outright absurd.

This is ignoring the many problems the rest of the difficulties have. If this map gets bubbled/qualified without major work, someone call me.
Okoratu
I think the normal can stay like this if you add a diff which uses a dumbed down version of this jump concept because right now i don't think anyone who plays osu for the first time ever is able to play this diff as intended so you should make a diff for people to play who literally just started off playing
Natsu
If you want to keep those jumps, just map an easy diff, your map will become more enjoyable for everyone, the actual jumps are too much, jumps in normal can be fine, but this are too much for the easier diff in the set, so my suggestion is to map an Easy diff or stick to follow the spacing without jumps at all. I dont think is good idea to allow them for this map, unless you want to see this become a trend.
meii18
I agree with Natsu looks fine for a normal difficulty but as the easiest difficulty it is not acceptable.An Easy difficulty would be appreciated for low-skilled players,something without jumps to introduce the new players into game in a good way and learning them how to play in future.Just my opinion ^^'
show more