Zhuriel wrote:Sorry for taking so long, here's your mod from my M4M queue.
Really nice map, I like the feel it has with the consistent use of large, slow jumps. Certainly has a unique, 'BIG' feel to it. Thanks, I'm a pretty new mapper so I've been experimenting with different styles. I'll keep this in mind for future maps.
- Consider reducing OD, I feel that the odd rhythms make the map hard enough to acc already. Looking at the star rating, you're probably right. Changed to 7.
- I'm not sure the timing is rankable since the actual time signatures are beyond the osu editor's understanding. Have a look at this thread I'll ask a BN to look at it - I think it should be fine since all of the bar lines are in the correct spots, even though the 'official' time signature in the timing panel is wrong, but a second opinion can't hurt.
- NC usage feels inconsistent for the polymetric patterns; for example, 00:20:705 (1,2) 00:22:886 (1,2) are the same part of the guitar pattern as 00:24:795 (9) 00:26:977 (8) but the former two have a NC while the NC is immediately after the latter two. I get that you're placing NC on the start of every measure but I think it makes more sense to place them at the same point in the pattern you're mapping to, which with polymetric patterns isn't the same. Perhaps it's being a drummer that has me biased towards NC every measure, but I personally put the NCs where I felt each individual 'phrase' started - all the NCs are tied to either exceptional high or exceptional low notes in the guitar (at least for that section), it was completely unintentional that they were all on big ticks.
- 00:03:797 (1,2,3,4,1) - this star jump feels much harder than the rest of the map, and you map the same musical pattern differently everywhere else. Changed.
- 00:42:794 (6,8) - consider curving these (or straightening (7)), feels a bit inconsistent with similar patterns elsewhere. Curved the sliders.
- 02:24:110 (9,1) - the jumps between these two is much bigger than anything else in this section; try rotating (1) counterclockwise a bit while keeping the end at the same position. Reworked that slider.
- 02:46:064 - 02:49:336 - I suggest reducing the spacing in this section to give the kiai section where the distorted guitar kicks back in more impact. Good idea. Changed.
- 02:49:336 (1) - might be nice if you changed up the sliders (shapes or velocities) for the guitar slides in this section a bit, like in the later section with the bass slides. I moved some stuff around here to make it a bit more interesting. Don't think changing the SV would work here though.
- 03:46:061 (2,3,4,5) - change these to a slider pattern to be consistent with the rest of the section. Changed.
- 04:12:243 (1) - feels inconsistent with the other two sliders mapped to bass slides in this section. The cursor movement is similar (fast->hold) due to the size of the slider ball.
- 04:36:924 (7) - unstack this to be consistent with the rest of the section. No, the rhythm here is different.
- 06:12:505 (3) - what is this supposed to be mapped to? I can't hear anything. Same for 06:15:778 (3) and 06:19:051 (3) Remvoed this section altogether.
I'd love to see this ranked, we need more prog metal in this game