Maaya Sakamoto - Shikisai

posted
Total Posts
44
show more
Bearizm

Hendrix89 wrote:

Bearizm's Normal:
00:50:315 (1) - delete note and move 00:50:493 (2) left 1/2 a beat then extend the slider 1/2 a beat reason? I'm emphasizing the instruments most of the time in this map. and with your suggestion, i'd be skipping a white tick.
01:27:458 to 01:29:958 (1) - i don't really think this should be a kiai time reason? this part is really powerful, and I choose to make it a kiai. kiai can be used outside the chorus.
no changes.

btw setsu, I don't think I'll be accepting anymore suggestions as I am already quite happy with my difficulty, unless it's coming from a BN or something unrankable then I'll consider.
Topic Starter
Setsurei

Hendrix89 wrote:

Hi there M4M from your queue,

Easy:
00:29:600 (2,3) - blanket? nah
00:46:029 (3,4,1) - spacing is a bit off, is this intentional? it happens a few times
00:54:600 (1,2,3) - ^
01:06:029 (3,4,1) - ^
01:11:743 (3,4,1) - ^
01:17:458 (3,4,1) - ^ it was snapped to grid so I didn't pay attention to the DS, fixed all spacing
Insane:
00:12:993 - add a single here variation on this is ok imo, so I'll keep that empty
00:16:565 (2,3) - this blanket my be a bit off, might not be its really close fixed
00:57:993 (6,7,8) - make the singles leading up to the slider follow the path of the slider like: looks deadly, but ok
01:01:029 (1) - the piano sound goes on after this note ends so repeat the slider two more times (1/4 note worth) or maybe three times if you think that feels better the rest is faint, so I didn't extend
01:13:887 (3,4,5) - it was good that you increased the DS of the triples before this one but now the music is calming down so bring it back to 0.7x
01:15:315 (3,4,5) - ^
01:16:743 (4,5,6) - ^
01:17:993 (2,5,6,7,8,1) - reduce this to DS 0.9x for all the streams/triplet spacing, they're still on kiai, so I still prefer fast paced one
01:27:458 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - these last singles are very simply laid out, try to make some more interesting patterns with these last notes I still prefer this way

Overall a really great map. I only found some little things you could teak.
I hope my mod was useful, good luck with the map :D
thanks for mod - updated

Bearizm wrote:

btw setsu, I don't think I'll be accepting anymore suggestions as I am already quite happy with my difficulty, unless it's coming from a BN or something unrankable then I'll consider.
lol ok, I did ask the modders to focus on Hard & Insane though
RzHr

Hendrix89 wrote:

RzHr's Hard:
01:02:993 (4,1) - fix blanket - ok
01:27:458 to 01:29:958 (1) - i don't really think this should be a kiai time - nothing change
Thanks for mod!
Update
LwL
Hey, M4M from your queue.

I really like the hitsounds.
00:19:958 (4,1,2,3,4) - The spacing here doesn't make sense to me. (1) is far stronger than any of the surrounding notes, yet it only has 1.0 DS. Similarly, (2) only has the weak background beat to back it, and it has a jump going to it. I think (3) is ok because of the sharp angle, though it is slightly stronger than (4) (which has a similar angle) to me so I'd still change the DS here. If you want to keep the general idea of back-and-forth (which would make sense since you use it throughout the map), something like this might work better. Basically try around with ctrl-g and some slight positioning changes.

00:28:530 (5,6,7,8) - Not too important, but something to be mindful of: (6) the same piano note as above, and it is emphasized by DS this time, however be mindful that since the player comes from a slider going in the opposite direction of the jump, this will feel like a lower DS than it actually is (most experienced players won't complete the slider in it's entirety unless they're going in the direction of the slider anyway), so even though there isn't that much of a difference in DS, the jump (5,6) feels significantly slower than the jump (7,8). This applies to anywhere else where this might occur as well.

00:36:029 (1) - Add some sort of emphasis here. It's the end of the build-up, so imo this shouldn't just be the same as all the other notes. Doesn't even have to be a jump, but just making it the same distance and angle as the two repeat sliders before feels kind of weak.

00:41:386 (6,7,8) - (7) is such a strong note, there should be more there than just a 1.4 DS jump from a repeat slider. I think moving (7,8) so that (7) is below the repeat point of (5) would make this nicer.

00:59:124 (2,3,4) - This should have sharper angles imo. It's a really strong point in the music, just going in a shallow curve doesn't fit it imo. Especially not with standard DS. Just an idea for this if you need one.

01:11:743 (1,2) - Slight blanket error if you care about that.

01:17:458 (1,2,3,4) - This plays kinda weird imo, not sure how to fix though. I think it's caused by the slider being such a long curved motion, leading to another slightly curved motion to (2), so going to (3) at such a sharp angle isn't intuitive.

01:28:648 (3,1,2) - I feel like this would be better if it wasn't just a straight line.
00:16:565 (3,4) - There are vocals on the end of (3) here, and just the background beat on the start of (4). You've been emphasizing the vocals the entire time, so making (3) a 1/2 slider and (4) a 1/1 slider (starting where (3) ends currently) in order to have an actual key press on the red tick seems more fitting.

00:14:243 (4) - There are vocals on the red tick, why not make the slider 1/2 to emphasize them? Especially since as far as I can tell there's nothing on the blue tick. Same for all the other occurences of these 3/4 sliders.

00:52:458 (1,2) - Since you're not mapping the drums as a stream, I think it would be better to make this a 1/2 slider and put a circle on the next beat. This way you just skip the vocals.

01:28:172 (3), 01:28:886 (1), 01:29:600 (3) - for all of these there's nothing on the blue tick, where the sliders end. The note is on the 4th purple tick.
00:04:601 (1) - Nothing really important but I think there's an unnecessary green line here.

I hope I was of some use, though I didn't really find anything too significant. Good Luck! :)
Owntrolf
I think the mp3 is a bit weird because it sounds muddled around the middle
  • Easy


    00:15:672 (2) - I think this is better as a 1 circle then a 4/1 slider
    00:16:029 (2,3,4) - Maybe change to circle then a 2/1 slider
  • Bearism's Normal


    I swear this sounds so loud for the hitsounds
    00:14:422 - Maybe add note here?
    00:42:993 (4) - Maybe move this back to the red tick and extend to 3/2 slider to fit vocals
    00:47:993 - Maybe add note here?
    01:01:743 - to 01:11:743 - You dont need to try so hard to do the vocals, its still okay to use lots of 1/1 sliders like in the easy
    01:22:279 (2) - Following the piano here might be better for normal
  • RzHr's Hard


    Jeebus so many 3/4 sliders
    The addiction to those 3/4 sliders misses some vocals like at 00:42:993 -
    I dont really like the finish bell sounds that much
    There might be more people complaining about dem 3/4s
    00:41:029 (3) - This would probably be better as a 1/1
    00:43:886 (3) - ^
    01:18:886 - to around 01:21:029 - is actually in 1/3
    01:27:458 - Similar thing here about 1/3
  • Insane


    00:20:315 (1,2,3,4) - This doesnt feel like it fits because you suddenly change the rythym
    00:27:457 (1) - Maybe change the slider to (The slider ends at the point where yellow9 ended) 144,191,27457,6,0,P|72:137|65:49,1,170,8|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    00:34:600 (1,2) - This should continue as triplets (Triplets at 00:34:600 - and 00:34:958 - )
    00:35:315 (3,4) - This should probably be made into a stream because theres sound at 00:35:583 -
    00:36:029 (1) - This sort of feels too close to the previous combo
    00:39:422 (2) - I personally dislike hitsounded sliderticks (I would just change 00:39:422 (2,3) - into 2 circles then 1/2 slider then another circle)
    00:48:886 (6) - Maybe NC here
    00:59:600 (4) - It doesnt sound right as a slider ignoring the 1/3s (add circles at 00:59:600 - 00:59:839 - 01:00:077 - 01:00:315 -)
    01:11:743 (1,5) - Maybe add circles to here to fit the piano
    01:18:886 (1,2) - For 1 the second vocal happens at 01:19:154 - so it should be shortened to a 3/4 slider and it feels better as a 3/4 repeat so you can remove 2
    01:25:315 (4,5,6) - Maybe change all of these to 1/1 sliders then a circle
Mint
Yo Setsurei!
Normal modding request from ticket :3/

:idea: General


* Please change the artist from 坂本 真綾 to 坂本真綾.
* Timing sounds a tad too early for me, also tried playing with OD10... a +10 did the trick for me. Don't blindly trust me tho, hope you can confirm with more people.
* You might want to snap the preview point, not completely unrankable tho.
* While I like the idea of Slider Tick Rate 2, it's just spam in the Easy difficulty x_x

Easy


* 00:15:672 (2) - 00:29:600 (2) - Please do not skip the downbeat here. It's sounds really off now.

Really low SV.. The slider head & end of 1/1 sliders overlap. I hope you can avoid this in the future.

Normal


* 00:04:601 (1) - I doubt the extra green line is needed here. While it seems like a minor thing, the volume is inconsistent - making the lines conflict with each other and this might be deemed unrankable. http://puu.sh/kLfdp/87800c33ae.png
* 00:11:386 (3) - Hmm.. I can understand that you might wanted to put some variety here, but I hope you can make the downbeat clickable - especially in this slow part.
* 01:06:565 (4) - Not sure what this is following, and that large slider isn't really helping. Try this instead? http://puu.sh/kLf8i/104f256909.jpg

Enjoyed this one, good job!

Hard


* Please pick one sampleset. The lines are conflicting each other now. http://puu.sh/kLeV7/7b3e994390.png
* 00:47:458 (1,2,3,4,1) - Why do you switch distance in this combo? (1,2) are 1.6, then suddenly for no reason (3,4) is 1.1. It's really misleading since you tend to spam 3/4 sliders everywhere.
* 00:51:922 (4,5,1) - Another place where you suddenly change distance, so misleading - I really hope you can be more consistent with this, because currently it's sometimes just guessing what if the next slider is 1/2 or 1/4 x_x
* 01:15:315 (4,5,1) - This rhythm you keep on repeating for the rest of the chorus sounds so awkward and skips / underemphasized many sounds because of the double extended sliders. Hope you can also add more simple 1/2 rhythms, and if you want to use 1/4 - consider using a 1/4 reverse slider instead.
* 01:27:458 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This part is 1/6. Look at the Insane difficulty as a reference.

Not a fan that you put so much 3/4 sliders in general - found it a bit weird that you kept switching between DS for no real reason, oh well. Hitsounding's cool tho.

Insane


* To be really honest, I feel like AR9.2 feels really forced here. The song has a relatively low BPM (compared to most songs that actually use 9.2) and the patterns are simple enough, so they don't require high AR at all. AR9 works perfectly fine here - heck even 8.8 would work.
* Any reason to put such a low stack leniency? Considering your mapping style it doesn't really seem needed.
* 00:58:886 (1,2,3) - These could be spaced out much more, or change to slider instead. The switch to 1/6 is almost impossible to read off from the approach circle, and that's mostly because your 1/2 spacing is even larger than this.
* 00:16:743 (3) - Don't agree with the usage of a long 3/2 slider here, the sound (vocal + clap) are skipped now on the white tick. Sounds really weird to me.
* 00:39:422 (2) - Hitsounding of slider ticks are deemed questionable to almost unrankable now in difficulties that are not Easy or Normal. Also, I find that the clap on the white tick shouldn't be skipped at all. Changing it to a 1/2 slider could fix both problems, or try something like this? http://puu.sh/kLdcJ/1c9b0a5d07.jpg
* 00:55:225 (5) - Well, there is a snare here, so according to the way you hitsounded this difficulty, there could be a whistle added here. Since it's on a 1/4 tick it might turn you off tho, it's up to you.
* 01:01:743 (4) - Add a new combo? The KIAI starts :o
* 01:02:458 (6,7) - Flow here seems broken to me, while you did keep the flow reasonable the majority of time. Try something like this? Maybe CTRL+G (7) a bit? Would fix it slightly, but the best option would be to rearrange some stuff here.
* 01:03:529 (3) - A bit weird to me that you chose to put a 1/1 slider here. You mostly do that when there's a dominant vocal note, which isn't present here at all. To top that off, the finish on the slider end isn't clickable now - try something like this? http://puu.sh/kLdzP/1bd9dbf10f.jpg
* 01:07:458 (1,2,3) - 01:08:172 (5,6,7) - 01:08:886 (1,2,3) - etc. This whole part is really off, because literally every triplet up 'till 01:09:957 (8) - is misplaced, and so overmapped. If you were to follow the actual beats in the song, it'd sound like http://puu.sh/kLdMd/492bd8cd1b.jpg . It's a pity, because everything is now overmapped, while it'd sound great if you placed them at the right tick. Everything after 01:10:672 (2) - is valid tho.
* 01:19:600 (3) - 01:21:029 (3) - Be warned. Please avoid hitsounding the slider ticks.
* 01:27:458 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - Same here. The 1/6 comes really unexpected, but I really love this pattern lol. Maybe you could start with a slider to fix the polarity error instead, so the player can get used to the snap change

Just a mod, so good luck o/
Topic Starter
Setsurei

LawL4Ever wrote:

Hey, M4M from your queue.

I really like the hitsounds.
00:19:958 (4,1,2,3,4) - The spacing here doesn't make sense to me. (1) is far stronger than any of the surrounding notes, yet it only has 1.0 DS. Similarly, (2) only has the weak background beat to back it, and it has a jump going to it. I think (3) is ok because of the sharp angle, though it is slightly stronger than (4) (which has a similar angle) to me so I'd still change the DS here. If you want to keep the general idea of back-and-forth (which would make sense since you use it throughout the map), something like this might work better. Basically try around with ctrl-g and some slight positioning changes. changed to something else, changed 2 hitcircles to slider 1/2

00:28:530 (5,6,7,8) - Not too important, but something to be mindful of: (6) the same piano note as above, and it is emphasized by DS this time, however be mindful that since the player comes from a slider going in the opposite direction of the jump, this will feel like a lower DS than it actually is (most experienced players won't complete the slider in it's entirety unless they're going in the direction of the slider anyway), so even though there isn't that much of a difference in DS, the jump (5,6) feels significantly slower than the jump (7,8). This applies to anywhere else where this might occur as well. insane ;;

00:36:029 (1) - Add some sort of emphasis here. It's the end of the build-up, so imo this shouldn't just be the same as all the other notes. Doesn't even have to be a jump, but just making it the same distance and angle as the two repeat sliders before feels kind of weak. I made jump

00:41:386 (6,7,8) - (7) is such a strong note, there should be more there than just a 1.4 DS jump from a repeat slider. I think moving (7,8) so that (7) is below the repeat point of (5) would make this nicer. ok

00:59:124 (2,3,4) - This should have sharper angles imo. It's a really strong point in the music, just going in a shallow curve doesn't fit it imo. Especially not with standard DS. Just an idea for this if you need one.

01:11:743 (1,2) - Slight blanket error if you care about that. fixed

01:17:458 (1,2,3,4) - This plays kinda weird imo, not sure how to fix though. I think it's caused by the slider being such a long curved motion, leading to another slightly curved motion to (2), so going to (3) at such a sharp angle isn't intuitive. hmm..

01:28:648 (3,1,2) - I feel like this would be better if it wasn't just a straight line. :<
  • Easy


    00:15:672 (2) - I think this is better as a 1 circle then a 4/1 slider changed, also added note here 00:17:100 -
    00:16:029 (2,3,4) - Maybe change to circle then a 2/1 slider wait, did you just change your mind of the previous line? ^
  • Insane


    00:20:315 (1,2,3,4) - This doesnt feel like it fits because you suddenly change the rythym changed 2 hitcircles to slider 1/2
    00:27:457 (1) - Maybe change the slider to (The slider ends at the point where yellow9 ended) 144,191,27457,6,0,P|72:137|65:49,1,170,8|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0: uh no, looks ugly ;;
    00:34:600 (1,2) - This should continue as triplets (Triplets at 00:34:600 - and 00:34:958 - ) changed
    00:35:315 (3,4) - This should probably be made into a stream because theres sound at 00:35:583 - but it's too faint
    00:36:029 (1) - This sort of feels too close to the previous combo changed to jump
    00:39:422 (2) - I personally dislike hitsounded sliderticks (I would just change 00:39:422 (2,3) - into 2 circles then 1/2 slider then another circle) changed to 1 hc + 1/2 slider
    00:48:886 (6) - Maybe NC here ok
    00:59:600 (4) - It doesnt sound right as a slider ignoring the 1/3s (add circles at 00:59:600 - 00:59:839 - 01:00:077 - 01:00:315 -) ;; I'm emphasizing the long sound
    01:11:743 (1,5) - Maybe add circles to here to fit the piano same reason as above
    01:18:886 (1,2) - For 1 the second vocal happens at 01:19:154 - so it should be shortened to a 3/4 slider and it feels better as a 3/4 repeat so you can remove 2 changed 3/4 and added hc, didn't remove the hc after that
    01:25:315 (4,5,6) - Maybe change all of these to 1/1 sliders then a circle ok

appleeaterx wrote:

Yo Setsurei!
Normal modding request from ticket :3/

:idea: General


* Please change the artist from 坂本 真綾 to 坂本真綾. changed
* Timing sounds a tad too early for me, also tried playing with OD10... a +10 did the trick for me. Don't blindly trust me tho, hope you can confirm with more people. will ask some timing experts
* You might want to snap the preview point, not completely unrankable tho. fixed
* While I like the idea of Slider Tick Rate 2, it's just spam in the Easy difficulty x_x orz, there's drum focused hitsound on 1/4 so I need the tick rate to be 2 - should I silence the tick? it will be unrankable though since I silenced the slider slide (can't have both to be silenced)

Easy


* 00:15:672 (2) - 00:29:600 (2) - Please do not skip the downbeat here. It's sounds really off now. changed the downbeat on slider's head & tail

Really low SV.. The slider head & end of 1/1 sliders overlap. I hope you can avoid this in the future.

Insane


* To be really honest, I feel like AR9.2 feels really forced here. The song has a relatively low BPM (compared to most songs that actually use 9.2) and the patterns are simple enough, so they don't require high AR at all. AR9 works perfectly fine here - heck even 8.8 would work. ok then, 8.8
* Any reason to put such a low stack leniency? Considering your mapping style it doesn't really seem needed. well ok then, changed back to normal
* 00:58:886 (1,2,3) - These could be spaced out much more, or change to slider instead. The switch to 1/6 is almost impossible to read off from the approach circle, and that's mostly because your 1/2 spacing is even larger than this. ok, DS changed
* 00:16:743 (3) - Don't agree with the usage of a long 3/2 slider here, the sound (vocal + clap) are skipped now on the white tick. Sounds really weird to me. changed
* 00:39:422 (2) - Hitsounding of slider ticks are deemed questionable to almost unrankable now in difficulties that are not Easy or Normal. Also, I find that the clap on the white tick shouldn't be skipped at all. Changing it to a 1/2 slider could fix both problems, or try something like this? http://puu.sh/kLdcJ/1c9b0a5d07.jpg changed to 1/2
* 00:55:225 (5) - Well, there is a snare here, so according to the way you hitsounded this difficulty, there could be a whistle added here. Since it's on a 1/4 tick it might turn you off tho, it's up to you. lol yeah kinda "out of place", but I'll add, also added whistle at 00:56:654 -
* 01:01:743 (4) - Add a new combo? The KIAI starts :ook
* 01:02:458 (6,7) - Flow here seems broken to me, while you did keep the flow reasonable the majority of time. Try something like this? Maybe CTRL+G (7) a bit? Would fix it slightly, but the best option would be to rearrange some stuff here. ctrl G-ed
* 01:03:529 (3) - A bit weird to me that you chose to put a 1/1 slider here. You mostly do that when there's a dominant vocal note, which isn't present here at all. To top that off, the finish on the slider end isn't clickable now - try something like this? http://puu.sh/kLdzP/1bd9dbf10f.jpg changed
* 01:07:458 (1,2,3) - 01:08:172 (5,6,7) - 01:08:886 (1,2,3) - etc. This whole part is really off, because literally every triplet up 'till 01:09:957 (8) - is misplaced, and so overmapped. If you were to follow the actual beats in the song, it'd sound like http://puu.sh/kLdMd/492bd8cd1b.jpg . It's a pity, because everything is now overmapped, while it'd sound great if you placed them at the right tick. Everything after 01:10:672 (2) - is valid tho. changed
* 01:19:600 (3) - 01:21:029 (3) - Be warned. Please avoid hitsounding the slider ticks. changed
* 01:27:458 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - Same here. The 1/6 comes really unexpected, but I really love this pattern lol. Maybe you could start with a slider to fix the polarity error instead, so the player can get used to the snap change _(:3 damn slider ruins - may I preserve these hitcircles set?

Just a mod, so good luck o/
thanks for mod all! - updated all
RzHr

LawL4Ever wrote:

[RhZr's Hard]
00:16:565 (3,4) - There are vocals on the end of (3) here, and just the background beat on the start of (4). You've been emphasizing the vocals the entire time, so making (3) a 1/2 slider and (4) a 1/1 slider (starting where (3) ends currently) in order to have an actual key press on the red tick seems more fitting. - ok

00:14:243 (4) - There are vocals on the red tick, why not make the slider 1/2 to emphasize them? Especially since as far as I can tell there's nothing on the blue tick. Same for all the other occurences of these 3/4 sliders. - fixed

00:52:458 (1,2) - Since you're not mapping the drums as a stream, I think it would be better to make this a 1/2 slider and put a circle on the next beat. This way you just skip the vocals. - ummm, maybe no

01:28:172 (3), 01:28:886 (1), 01:29:600 (3) - for all of these there's nothing on the blue tick, where the sliders end. The note is on the 4th purple tick. - i'll try to fix them

Owntrolf wrote:

  • RzHr's Hard


    Jeebus so many 3/4 sliders
    The addiction to those 3/4 sliders misses some vocals like at 00:42:993 -
    I dont really like the finish bell sounds that much
    There might be more people complaining about dem 3/4s - lol, ok.. i'll try to fix several of them
    00:41:029 (3) - This would probably be better as a 1/1 - umm, nothing change
    00:43:886 (3) - ^ - ok
    01:18:886 - to around 01:21:029 - is actually in 1/3 - maybe... i'll try to fix it
    01:27:458 - Similar thing here about 1/3 - ^

appleeaterx wrote:

Hard


* Please pick one sampleset. The lines are conflicting each other now. http://puu.sh/kLeV7/7b3e994390.png - fixed
* 00:47:458 (1,2,3,4,1) - Why do you switch distance in this combo? (1,2) are 1.6, then suddenly for no reason (3,4) is 1.1. It's really misleading since you tend to spam 3/4 sliders everywhere - i'll try to fix this.
* 00:51:922 (4,5,1) - Another place where you suddenly change distance, so misleading - I really hope you can be more consistent with this, because currently it's sometimes just guessing what if the next slider is 1/2 or 1/4 x_x - ok XD
* 01:15:315 (4,5,1) - This rhythm you keep on repeating for the rest of the chorus sounds so awkward and skips / underemphasized many sounds because of the double extended sliders. Hope you can also add more simple 1/2 rhythms, and if you want to use 1/4 - consider using a 1/4 reverse slider instead. - i'll remap this part
* 01:27:458 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This part is 1/6. Look at the Insane difficulty as a reference. - ok

Not a fan that you put so much 3/4 sliders in general - found it a bit weird that you kept switching between DS for no real reason, oh well. Hitsounding's cool tho.

Thanks for mod!
Update
Bearizm
@LawL4Ever : fixed.

Owntrolf wrote:

  • Bearism's Normal


    I swear this sounds so loud for the hitsounds all the volume's dropped by 10
    00:14:422 - Maybe add note here? following instruments
    00:42:993 (4) - Maybe move this back to the red tick and extend to 3/2 slider to fit vocals instruments
    00:47:993 - Maybe add note here? nah, it sounds weird, i was following the guitar.
    01:01:743 - to 01:11:743 - You dont need to try so hard to do the vocals, its still okay to use lots of 1/1 sliders like in the easy but i'm following the instruments.
    01:22:279 (2) - Following the piano here might be better for normal wh

appleeaterx wrote:

Normal


* 00:04:601 (1) - I doubt the extra green line is needed here. While it seems like a minor thing, the volume is inconsistent - making the lines conflict with each other and this might be deemed unrankable. http://puu.sh/kLfdp/87800c33ae.png changed.
* 00:11:386 (3) - Hmm.. I can understand that you might wanted to put some variety here, but I hope you can make the downbeat clickable - especially in this slow part. changed.
* 01:06:565 (4) - Not sure what this is following, and that large slider isn't really helping. Try this instead? http://puu.sh/kLf8i/104f256909.jpg was following the piano. Not too obvious due to the lack of whistle so i'll add a whistle i guess.

Enjoyed this one, good job! Glad you enjoyed it c:
Thanks for the mods, guys!

http://puu.sh/kOdgG.zip
Gatata03
Hai :3

Im kinda new to modding so this mod will maybe be useless :c

00:37:458 (3,4) - i don't like that overlap, maybe something like this?
Thats all :D
00:18:172 (3,4,5) - circles below sliders are sometimes hard to see so I think it will be better if you will do this
00:35:315 (3,4,5) - Same
00:46:743 (4,5,6) - Same :3
00:41:743 (8,9) - 9 should be closer to 8 (http://snag.gy/gKTVh.jpg) so its easier to read


yea I know its short :c
Topic Starter
Setsurei

Gatata03 wrote:

Hai :3

Im kinda new to modding so this mod will maybe be useless :c

00:37:458 (3,4) - i don't like that overlap, maybe something like this? hnggg I love the blanket overlaps
Thats all :D
00:41:743 (8,9) - 9 should be closer to 8 (http://snag.gy/gKTVh.jpg) so its easier to read I disagree on this, because this is on purpose lol


yea I know its short :c
thanks for mod!
RzHr

Gatata03 wrote:

00:18:172 (3,4,5) - circles below sliders are sometimes hard to see so I think it will be better if you will do this - prefer mine... Nothing changed, sorry :(

00:35:315 (3,4,5) - Same - ^
00:46:743 (4,5,6) - Same :3 - ^
Thanks for mod!
BeatofIke
Checked the timing. I think the current offset is fine imo. Yes, there are a lot of beat fluctuations but it fixes itself back and forth (typical J-rock lol). Like, the drums are inconsistent with the intended beat, which explains why it sounds off with the metronome haha.

Anyways, no kudosu for this post since this is just my own confirmation.
/me runs o3o
Easy
Please make sure the song preview times aren't conflicting across all your difficulties. (see AiMod)

  • Hard



    00:18:172 (3,4,5) - Feels weird doing a hidden stack here.

    00:25:136 (3,1) - These are crooked next to each other. Fix if if u don't mind.

    00:39:422 (3,4) - Probably not that much to pay attention to, but 4 doesn't seem aligned very well to the beginning of 3. Try rotating to clockwise from the selection center a little bit.

    00:41:922 (2) - Delete this

    00:41:743 (1) - Remove NC

    00:44:779 (2) - Delete

    00:44:600 (1) - Remove NC

    00:47:190 (5,6) - Doesn't seem right after the 00:46:565 (2,3) stack before it. It suits the song though, so make it a mini stream or, a stack somewhere at the end of the slider if you want.

    00:47:636 (2) - Delete

    00:47:458 (1) - Remove NC. It's better having easier transitions instead of immediate jumps like the ones I previously mentioned. It would probably catch people off guard very well, but it's probably better suited for an insane map. That's my opinion.

    00:50:493 (2) - Samething. Delete

    00:50:315 (1) - Remove NC

    00:52:100 (5) - Move this one circle out from under the 00:51:743 (2,3,4) stack, and fix any spacing issues that may occur.

    01:14:243 (4,1) - Move the 1 slider up slightly till it's close to the top right end of the 4 slider.

    01:15:315 (3,4) - A really minor thing, but u can move these down a little bit to make it seem smoother. It might be a good idea to re examine other parts of the beatmap as well to make things flow better.

    01:16:565 (2,3) - Make sure the 2 slider fits around 3 well. 01:17:279 (4,1) - Is slightly better, but take a look, and make them both look better.
    It'd also probably be a good idea to copy a 01:16:565 (2,3) once you have it aligned better to replace 01:17:279 (4,1). Just rotate, and flip till it looks like it was before.

    01:23:529 (2,3,4) - Long jump. Try to replace some things to make the distance shorter. Feels odd having such a sudden change at the moment.

    Also, this map seems really spacious. Most hard maps don't have too many ds changes as far as I know, but yours might be fine. Just fix the spacing a bit, and lay off the sudden "stack jumps".
  • Insane



    00:04:601 (1,2) - This is ok, but I wouldn't do a crazy pattern like this in the beginning when it's calm as it is.

    00:07:458 (1,2) - Huge spacing. Please consider making it smaller and moving some things closer together. This goes for most of the map.

    00:08:172 (3,4,5) - EEK! Moving closer to the bottom of the page between the two sliders would probably feel better, especially if everything was moved closer together. Also, having a stack right there might not be a good idea. A minor return slider would work better.

    00:08:529 (6,1) - Make these two flow into each other if you can.

    00:08:886 (1,2) - Really big jump..

    00:09:601 (3,4,5,6) - Doesn't seem right streaming down, then hitting 6 right behind it all. As I said, give you map flow if you can.

    00:10:315 (1) - If the ds was smaller, I would rotate this slider counterclockwise, and get on it from the top while having 00:10:672 (2,3) easily flow out of it.

    00:11:386 (7) - Where is this going..? off to the side of the page? It would be better like this. going straight into 00:11:743 (1) on other other side of the page.

    00:11:743 (1,2) - Nope. have the slider flowing into it somewhat if u can

    I'm sure there are more mistakes to count, but the insane map has horrible ds (distance snap/spacing), it's very streamy, and I would consider looking at other people's maps, and redoing it in a better style.

Topic Starter
Setsurei

Lolipop wrote:

Please make sure the song preview times aren't conflicting across all your difficulties. (see AiMod) fixed

  • Insane



    00:04:601 (1,2) - This is ok, but I wouldn't do a crazy pattern like this in the beginning when it's calm as it is. this is just a long slider

    00:07:458 (1,2) - Huge spacing. Please consider making it smaller and moving some things closer together. This goes for most of the map. normal for me

    00:08:172 (3,4,5) - EEK! Moving closer to the bottom of the page between the two sliders would probably feel better, especially if everything was moved closer together. Also, having a stack right there might not be a good idea. A minor return slider would work better. prefer the symmetry here

    00:08:529 (6,1) - Make these two flow into each other if you can. fixed

    00:08:886 (1,2) - Really big jump.. moved

    00:09:601 (3,4,5,6) - Doesn't seem right streaming down, then hitting 6 right behind it all. As I said, give you map flow if you can. on purpose

    00:10:315 (1) - If the ds was smaller, I would rotate this slider counterclockwise, and get on it from the top while having 00:10:672 (2,3) easily flow out of it.

    00:11:386 (7) - Where is this going..? off to the side of the page? It would be better like this. going straight into 00:11:743 (1) on other other side of the page. this is on purpose orz

    00:11:743 (1,2) - Nope. have the slider flowing into it somewhat if u can the gap is 2, and I make that (1) because blankets

    I'm sure there are more mistakes to count, but the insane map has horrible ds (distance snap/spacing), it's very streamy, and I would consider looking at other people's maps, and redoing it in a better style.

thanks for mod, sorry for the delay
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply