show more
undo

Mazzerin wrote:

i fucking love nocturnus
the quality is probably too poor and it's inconsistent though
the begining would be fun to experiment with :D

other great one would be:

Milan-
-normal-hitfinish5 being louder in one ear doesnt sound too well tbh, altho did u use this same hs before? if so whatever i guess
-i prefer if you dont use normal-slidertick8 at this level. from hard and on qat like you to map those rhythms instead of using custom sliderticks especially for snares.

-aimod
-02:43:858 (3,4) - hitsounds sound so bad here.. try using clap on (3) just so it sounds cool and not like ->->---> if u get what i mean. same with the other ones
-02:55:214 (1) - 08:31:390 (1) - one repeat less makes more sense i think, dunno how it plays so ill leave to you
-04:08:202 (1,2,3) - kinda weird that these are too close compared to similar rhythms before where you used bigger distance
-05:02:614 (3,1) - how can u play horizontal jumps>sliders without break? teach meplz:(
-05:09:379 (2) - this looks like a circle + slider cuz that little curve xd
-05:28:349 (2,1) - you usually overlap these slowdown, u may want to do the same here?
-06:32:099 (1) - is it like really needed??? looks pretty random with all the 1/4 around, the 1/8 isnt very hearable either
-08:55:176 (2,1) - blanket the autostack better xd

-03:02:929 - this part sounds a bit weird with the crashes landing in the red tick when all the song is write... dunno tbh but wouldn't the reset start here? since you're "fixing" it here 03:28:644 - . no idea tho, just asking, you're the master ww
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Milan- wrote:

-normal-hitfinish5 being louder in one ear doesnt sound too well tbh, altho did u use this same hs before? if so whatever i guess
yeah 3 maps are ranked with this, i tried fixing it by switching stereo to mono in audacity now but it ends up sounding like crap, so unless someone can do a proper fix for this i'll keep it this way
-i prefer if you dont use normal-slidertick8 at this level. from hard and on qat like you to map those rhythms instead of using custom sliderticks especially for snares.
oh please i only used it on these 2 sliders 05:06:291 (1) - 05:10:996 (1) - and that's it, is it really that much of a problem? what's the point if i remove the hitsound but keep the sliders anyways then? no other sliderticks are hitsounded with that thing

-aimod
gj editor
-02:43:858 (3,4) - hitsounds sound so bad here.. try using clap on (3) just so it sounds cool and not like ->->---> if u get what i mean. same with the other ones
i'm literally following what the drums are doing here, the claps are on white ticks and then they switch to blue tick in those parts for some reason (it sounds good?). same here 02:47:286 (3,4) - etc
-02:55:214 (1) - 08:31:390 (1) - one repeat less makes more sense i think, dunno how it plays so ill leave to you
there are 4 1/8s there, but you probably think it's too easy to break there. that's why the spacing is extremely low there, (lower than other 1/4 slider jumps in that section) and also the bpm is 140 which USUALLY isn't high enough for people to break on, well at least i haven't broke here and i don't focus on actually holding that slider but rather singletapping it like the 1/4 ones
-04:08:202 (1,2,3) - kinda weird that these are too close compared to similar rhythms before where you used bigger distance
aha increased
-05:02:614 (3,1) - how can u play horizontal jumps>sliders without break? teach meplz:(
whaat i don't get it
-05:09:379 (2) - this looks like a circle + slider cuz that little curve xd
no it doesn't wtf it's a sexy slider for sexy guitar sounds
-05:28:349 (2,1) - you usually overlap these slowdown, u may want to do the same here?
hmm yeah but this one has a reverse slider arrow, i made it overlap like 50% of it now, shouldn't be a problem i guess, nice catch
-06:32:099 (1) - is it like really needed??? looks pretty random with all the 1/4 around, the 1/8 isnt very hearable either
it doesn't do anything bad gameplay wise and it actually is more audible than the rest of the 1/4s because the 1/8s are very strong bass drums there(that's why i even whistled them), while the other 1/4s are either guitar only or snare drum(the very first hit of the stack, white tick)
-08:55:176 (2,1) - blanket the autostack better xd
wtf, i blanketed the 1st note even more perfectly ok
-03:02:929 - this part sounds a bit weird with the crashes landing in the red tick when all the song is write... dunno tbh but wouldn't the reset start here? since you're "fixing" it here 03:28:644 - . no idea tho, just asking, you're the master ww
i'm not fixing it at 03:28:644 -, the bpm simply changes to 204 there lol, i asked goldenwolf about the timing(exactly those 140 parts where the snares land on different spots than usual) and he said it was fine like this
Milan-
reddit
Cherry Blossom
lol, you guys.
Good Luck.
OmegaR
Ascendancy

Quick mod from a Relax play (again)
  1. 04:53:349 (1,2) - Stream direction to left, sudden change direction with slider (1) is confusing to play and hard to read. Consider doing something similar to 04:54:967 (1,2,3) (it plays quite well)
  2. 05:00:408 (1,2) - Flow from slider to stream is awkward, moving the slider would be the most optimal choice
  3. 05:21:585 (1) - Slider shape breaks flow, cursor stays stationary when it feels like it should flow
  4. 05:21:585 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Very awkward stream jump to play, others previously are fine but this is especially infuriating (also doesn't fit especially
  5. 06:44:232 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - These kick sliders are going to cause so many slider breaks (all of them in these 3 kiai sections), not sure if you want to fix it or not but just a heads up
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Wookiezi wrote:

Ascendancy

Quick mod from a Relax play (again)
  1. 04:53:349 (1,2) - Stream direction to left, sudden change direction with slider (1) is confusing to play and hard to read. Consider doing something similar to 04:54:967 (1,2,3) (it plays quite well)
    the 2nd thing linked is a slightly different part, about that part it plays really well as long as you don't fail in reading it because it is sharp angle which basically forces you to snap to the next stream and start there again with proper momentum rather than having a straight line pointing into the next stream which would make you move straight again causing weird momentum swaps (okay, it doesn't even matter at this point since the jump is so small, the only thing why this pattern is hard is because the slider is slightly overlapped by the circles which makes it hard to read but it certainly isn't a problem, i don't seek to make a part like that as easily readable as possible, it's supposed to be intense and with some surprises)
  2. 05:00:408 (1,2) - Flow from slider to stream is awkward, moving the slider would be the most optimal choice
    http://puu.sh/kLitu/5d3f8da4f3.jpg seems completely fine to me, simple circular motion with no flow breaks
  3. 05:21:585 (1) - Slider shape breaks flow, cursor stays stationary when it feels like it should flow
    http://puu.sh/kLiXz/d0f46cca89.jpg it plays like the slider shape implies? obviously you can just "stay" with your cursor on the slider start but the momentum that you build up from that last sharp pattern doesn't suggest you to do that haha
  4. 05:21:585 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Very awkward stream jump to play, others previously are fine but this is especially infuriating (also doesn't fit especially
    i don't see a jumpstream in this link
  5. 06:44:232 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - These kick sliders are going to cause so many slider breaks (all of them in these 3 kiai sections), not sure if you want to fix it or not but just a heads up
    why? it's literally just back and forth jumps and you got the sliders pointing in the correct directions so there are no gimmicks requiring you to move differently than on circles here at all
qwr
This map is a creation that should not be released into the mortal world
hehe
fixed inconsistency in the cool part, specifically 06:44:232 (1,2)

bubble 2
Nathan
reduced spacing for 04:32:908 (1,2,3) - to make the slowdown on 3 more readable
I've already qualified a map today so I'll have to do it tomorrow
Nathan
ok
Raiden
omg Mazzerin great job :3
Sieg
gratz
Makeli

Sieg wrote:

gratz
Looks like Osu! will be bursting with gamma rays for a while. As it should be.
riktoi
It's weird that nobody has said this before(including me oops), but the OD is awfully low for a map like this. I think it should be raised to something around the current AR value or even higher. The 204 bpm high spacing streams just notelock like crazy if you don't get them near perfectly.
Irreversible
Hey Mazzerin!

I'd like to give the community the opportunity to discuss some patterns in your map. Considering that this map is for the high tier players, I believe that this map has not received enough feedback yet.

Ascendancy

Basically, it's about the 1/8 patterns.

I've asked around a bit, and it seems like 09:59:892 (1,1,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - is somewhat acceptable - however, there is quite a lot negative feedback for 09:54:115 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this one here, as it is ridiculously high spaced and not really well indicated too. So there is, from my point of view, some change needed. Even though the song goes 1/8 here, you can't just throw the playability away.

The rest of the map looks clean and quite well done. There are things I don't understand why that is, for example why you've put so much stress on blue ticks (example: 05:01:585 (1,2,3) - ), however.

Good luck with further processing!
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Irreversible wrote:

Hey Mazzerin!

I'd like to give the community the opportunity to discuss some patterns in your map. Considering that this map is for the high tier players, I believe that this map has not received enough feedback yet.

Ascendancy

Basically, it's about the 1/8 patterns.

I've asked around a bit, and it seems like 09:59:892 (1,1,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - is somewhat acceptable - however, there is quite a lot negative feedback for 09:54:115 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this one here, as it is ridiculously high spaced and not really well indicated too. So there is, from my point of view, some change needed. Even though the song goes 1/8 here, you can't just throw the playability away.

The rest of the map looks clean and quite well done. There are things I don't understand why that is, for example why you've put so much stress on blue ticks (example: 05:01:585 (1,2,3) - ), however.

Good luck with further processing!
okay changed that 1/8 burst
mithew
this map is fucking amazing
talala
I think the map corresponds well with the song considering the difficulty of mapping such kind of songs. Streams are placed very well and fits the rhythm perfectly
Mismagius
pretty good map. i'm not such a big fan of spaced streams but this is mostly because i can't play them, lol

the 1/8s are completely fine imo tho
MrPotato
I think this map's patterning is well executed and is well emphasizing the song. I do believe the ending 1/8 needed some change and it got a little nerf now.
therefore I don't see any other issues for this map.
XII
Ending bursts are very hard to hit, but they obviously are there to fit with the drums. I think they could be made into doubles instead, if you wanted to nerf them.

But yeah, the bpm changing is especially hard because you have to adjust your fingers to burst 296. (At least I do).
VINXIS

Blue Dragon wrote:

the 1/8s are completely fine imo tho
-GN
obviously the 1/8s fit the song, i think they're perfectly fine especially after the nerf
Asahina Momoko
nerfed one is fine enough to play for me
Alumetorz
i don't know how the 1/8s part looked before, but right now it's completely fine. going from a really slow stream into a fast really short burst is definitely no problem.
hehe
yay
Milan-
Nathan
Yuii-
Thanks for posting, Bear! Now that I know this excellent mapset (another to be honest, I love the songs you map, Mazze) got qualified, I can post my shit over here.

1) There are TWO images on your folder. Is that intentional? I can't see any .osb, so one of them is unnecessary. Fuck this, didn't re-dl the map, sorry.
2) Let's talk about gameplay-wise (shit-mod inc.):

1. 02:15:358 (2) - Any reason why you're extending this slider too much? See the whole section, this is hella weird.
  2. 02:36:144 (1,1,1) - This pattern is so much unfun. Sometimes mapping every sound isn't the best option. Moreover, you are only using this pattern thrice in the map 06:32:027 (5,1,1) - 08:12:318 (1,1,1) - , so isn't something that you can expect.
  3. 03:30:555 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - I am not able to play this kind of map properly right now, but seeing this pattern I can already cry. It's sooo much counter-intuitive and unexpected. A girl could even say "everything was just so fast", if you get my point.
  4. 03:51:291 (1,2,1) - Hmmm, not bad, but too exaggerated.
  5. 04:08:202 (1,2,3) - Ready to laugh a bit? This spacing is too low. You know it, I know, Milan- knows it, and my mom (who's sleeping) knows it. Even if you want to compare it with patterns like 04:05:849 (1,2,3) - it won't change at all, because this is a matter of angle. This is one of the most used patterns on triplets, and so the spacing feels different here. And also, I don't understand why some (1,2,3) combos differ so much from (1,2,1) combos as you can see in 04:09:526 (1,2,1) - .
  6. 04:27:761 (1) - Why the NC here? This is still a 1/6.
  7. 04:49:379 (1,2,3) - Oooh, do you miss my comparisons? I love 'em! 04:54:085 (1,2,3) - .
  8. 05:14:232 (1,2,1) - Compared to other sections (to be honest, pretty much the whole map) this 1/4 pattern feels so "empty", the spacing here could definitely be increased. I can't hear in the song why would you suddenly decrease the spacing over here, especially after 05:09:232 (1,2,3) - .
  9. 05:45:335 (2,3) - Something really really stupid of me, but these doubles are more separated than the others :(
  10. 06:48:055 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - Bro, this curve is just fantastic, I love it... although 06:50:408 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - is quite hard to read, maybe you can improve it a bit.
  11. 09:45:961 (2,3,1,2,3,1) - HmMMmMMmMmmM the spacing may be unnecessary.
  12. 09:54:115 (1,2,3,4) - I'm pretty sure you can make this burst with only 1 1/8 slider.

3) About combo colour 4. If you take a look at the other pair of combos, you will notice how similar they are against each other. However, 3-4 are way too different, I'd go with something darker. Not sure if you agree.

Good luck with this!
I thought you would call me for a bubble, sad sad :(
Feb
inb4 dq for unreaonable tag. :^)
Enon
holy shit :D
worst fl player
OSU needs more hell maps! :D
blooming tea
HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
CrimsonClaw
HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA trrrrrrrrrrrrrrtrtrrrtrtrtrrtrtrttr