forum

PP Farming

posted
Total Posts
show more
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

I have seen two OD 6 + DT songs that give lots of pp.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/116023?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/143853?m=0
They may give a lot of pp for their subjective difficulty to play but in terms of star difficulty they are rather average. I'm sure there are a couple of nomod outliers as well that are od8+ and are much easier to fc than the average 5.9* map for instance.
B1rd
I used to think DT was boring, then I found this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/24770
E m i

B1rd wrote:

I used to think DT was boring, then I found this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/24770
np ;)
Laura_Bodewig
Because DT is free PP.
-Makishima S-

Laura_Bodewig wrote:

Because DT is free PP.
Especialy @ newb level where it ONLY gives pp and literaly zero skill.
bolt997
I still don't get why there is so much hate against pp farming.

I admit, I love seeing that increase in pp whenever my game syncs with the server.

I'm just curious at all the rage towards pp farming.

P.S You don't have to flame me for daidai genome being my top play, I just want to know your point of view~
Endaris
I hate pp-farming.
All it gives me is frustration cause I always finish my supposed farm-maps with 99% acc and 1-3 misses. :(

+farming lowbpm medium OD 3* maps with DT to get more acc-pp is kind of lame as it isn't too challenging if you already got the acc due to how map design works. Got no problems if others do that tho.
DahplA

bolt997 wrote:

I still don't get why there is so much hate against pp farming.

I admit, I love seeing that increase in pp whenever my game syncs with the server.

I'm just curious at all the rage towards pp farming.

P.S You don't have to flame me for daidai genome being my top play, I just want to know your point of view~
I think it's more to do with the fact that mappers can abuse the flaws in the PP system. For example, Daidai is extremely overweighted due to how circle intense it is, and how the OD translates to approximately 9.4 when it still feels like 8. If mappers want their maps to give a lot of PP, they'd only have to increase the OD and the amount of circles in their map.
-JaZe-

DahplA wrote:

I think it's more to do with the fact that mappers can abuse the flaws in the PP system. For example, Daidai is extremely overweighted due to how circle intense it is, and how the OD translates to approximately 9.4 when it still feels like 8. If mappers want their maps to give a lot of PP, they'd only have to increase the OD and the amount of circles in their map.
If you're not accusing mappers of inflating the pp value of their maps, feel free to ignore this post. But if you are, I have a serious bone to pick with you.

I've heard plenty of reasons why mappers add circles to their maps, but "increasing the pp value of the map" is one I've never heard. I doubt that even 1% of mappers change their original idea for a map in order to increase the amount of pp it would give.

From the creator of Daidai Genome himself: "As Lach stated below, this was never designed to be a PP map from the get go. Rather, I designed it with a certain structure in mind. Couple that with the low bpm and high spaced jumps and you are in for some big PP. In fact this wasn't OD8 originally, after plenty of testplays and mods, people recommended OD8 so I agreed with them and set it.

I didn't even know it would be a PP map until people came up to me and told me so, if that means anything. The enjoyment factor depends on the one playing it; if you did not enjoy it then thats on you."

-----------------

Also, hooray, we have yet another anti DT circlejerk. And by circlejerk, I mean mainly just one person.
DahplA

-JaZe- wrote:

DahplA wrote:

If you're not accusing mappers of inflating the pp value of their maps, feel free to ignore this post. But if you are, I have a serious bone to pick with you.

I've heard plenty of reasons why mappers add circles to their maps, but "increasing the pp value of the map" is one I've never heard. I doubt that even 1% of mappers change their original idea for a map in order to increase the amount of pp it would give.

From the creator of Daidai Genome himself: "As Lach stated below, this was never designed to be a PP map from the get go. Rather, I designed it with a certain structure in mind. Couple that with the low bpm and high spaced jumps and you are in for some big PP. In fact this wasn't OD8 originally, after plenty of testplays and mods, people recommended OD8 so I agreed with them and set it.

I didn't even know it would be a PP map until people came up to me and told me so, if that means anything. The enjoyment factor depends on the one playing it; if you did not enjoy it then thats on you."

-----------------

Also, hooray, we have yet another anti DT circlejerk. And by circlejerk, I mean mainly just one person.
"can"
-JaZe-

DahplA wrote:

"can"
If your post says that mappers can increase the pp value of their maps without implying that they do so, then I don't understand the purpose of the post. It doesn't answer bolt's question at all.

Well, whatever, let's not argue over this.
Risa
The annoying thing abt pp farming is how farmers tend to flame and badmouth mappers / maps that are underweighted because readability / pattern difficulty dont increase star ratings and dont give the "deserved" pp for their difficulty.

Otherwise there rly is nothing wrong with farming.
If anyone tells u farming is wrong even though farming lets u enjoy game, he's retarded. He has no right to decide how u shd enjoy game.
But if u're one of those guys who flame mappers / maps that are underweighted because you always avoid these types of maps, dont have the skills needed to play these maps relatively well, or just because u personally dislike the maps, u're a piece of trash not needed in the community.
buny

Reset- wrote:

The annoying thing abt pp farming is how farmers tend to flame and badmouth mappers / maps that are underweighted because readability / pattern difficulty dont increase star ratings and dont give the "deserved" pp for their difficulty.
shouldn't that be the other way around?
Risa
What
buny

Reset- wrote:

What
Generally "farmers" aren't going to be playing those types of maps; the people that bad mouth mappers for having complex maps and being underweight are typically players that play whatever

as a farmer I avoid complex maps and nomod like the plague
Risa
Im talking abt the farmers that i met during multi or in #osu! chat so well i guess u have a point too. Just that from my experience the ppl who do most of the badmouthing are farmers, looking at their profiles and habits and what they often play
sottovoce

DahplA wrote:

how the OD translates to approximately 9.4 when it still feels like 8.
I lost a few IQ points reading this
E m i
idk daidai dt is od9.67/9.78 and feels like od10 to me xd
ZenithPhantasm

Momiji wrote:

Mommy you're drunk. Go home.
E m i

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Momiji wrote:

Mommy you're drunk. Go home.
i must apologize it's actually harder than regular od10 maps
Roxy Lalonde
im a pp farmer and proud

now hate on my top score highscore

because od is hard
DahplA

sottovoce wrote:

DahplA wrote:

how the OD translates to approximately 9.4 when it still feels like 8.
I lost a few IQ points reading this

Are you ok?
vsprite
> in on the nomodnazi thread

Play dt to make nomodnazis salty and TRIGGERED.

FeelsGoodMan
sottovoce

DahplA wrote:

Are you ok?
Did you even read your own chart? In what why does it 'still feel like 8'?
E m i

sottovoce wrote:

DahplA wrote:

Are you ok?
Did you even read your own chart? In what why does it 'still feel like 8'?
obviously because it's as
easy to acc as od8
I Give Up
No ._.
ZenithPhantasm
rip iq points
buny

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

rip iq points
byfar
ar9 dt farmer xd
ZenithPhantasm