forum

Suzumu - isolation(Instrumental Opening)

posted
Total Posts
show more
ryuu
hi
this sliders with end on red ticks sounds just perfect to me. and before sieg's mod i had a few sliders on next red ticks (00:29:495 - , 00:40:789 -, etc.). because i followed this background rhythm of piano or whatsthatsound. but it was hard for begginers ._. so i removed them.
and i can't followed all what i want, because it's an easy diff. (as you said)
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Seikatu allowed me to remap that little thing for him, seems like we are ready now!
Yuii-
Kyubey, the second thing I said is an offset as well. As you can see, there is a red line in that spot, but it sounds completely off. Try moving it to the offset I said above.
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Hmm, probably you're talking about 00:23:709 - this line, not sure, why is your timestamp different. To be honest, I don't agree with that one, current one sounds totally fine for me and doesn't require any changes.
though even with your change it sounds almost same and I don't see any point to change it because literally nothing gets affected with that change, piano sound is kinda indistinct and changes are not noticeable during gameplay
Garven

ryuu wrote:

hi
this sliders with end on red ticks sounds just perfect to me. and before sieg's mod i had a few sliders on next red ticks (00:29:495 - , 00:40:789 -, etc.). because i followed this background rhythm of piano or whatsthatsound. but it was hard for begginers ._. so i removed them.
and i can't followed all what i want, because it's an easy diff. (as you said)
You see, the thing is that your original rhythm would work great in terms of representing what you wanted to follow, but if you delete that element after the red tick it comes up empty and makes it much harder to discern what you're following. I highly suggest that you rethink this part. Easy difficulties are riddled with compromises due to the restrictions to rhythm for ease of readability unfortunately, and this is just one of many.

I'll check the rest later as I can.

Edit:

[Hard]
00:34:965 (1,2,3) - This part feels so empty due to the whistle instead of the clap. It's a heavy sustain - having weaker hitsounds diminishes this effect and takes away from the experience.
00:46:259 (1,2,3) - ^

[Insane]
Kind of the same sentiment as the Hard. It was also strange that you mapped the spacing differently between both of those sections. I'd prefer it to be consistent since it's the same music.
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Changed hitsounds. About spacing: yes, it's kinda inconsistent in some parts, but honestly I don't want to change it, I'm satisfied with how does it look now, and it brings some variety to the map.

Now waiting for ryuu.

EDIT: She changed sliders.
Garven
Nom
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Thank you!
Okoratu
[ryuu's diff]
00:21:548 (3) - if you want this to snap to the red line in the back properly then use
372,300,21548,2,0,P|424:312|488:292,1,116.1,0|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
00:22:932 (4) - same
488,204,22932,2,0,L|492:104,1,112,0|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:

[youthful]
00:23:709 (3) -
28,296,23709,2,0,L|0:300,1,16.4,0|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
seems to make this 1ms longer, but maybe that isnt intended thought i don't see how else this is going to work
or we just live with aimod bitching about 1ms not snapped sliderend

tell me what you decide to do about these
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Not going to change sliders in Easy because snapping them adds useless tick (that's mentioned in logs with Garven), but changed slider in youthful with your code to avoid that AiMod stuff.
Okoratu
k then discussed the ticks vs. musically correct snapping and concluded that either choice is equally terrible so
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Thank you!

QAT that will check it, please read this post first to see why are sliders in Easy like this.
Sieg
grats
Namki
поздравляю!
caren_sk
nice!!
Mao
Grats!
Red Star
Is so cool, good luck! ^^
Silky
Gratz (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧