forum

The Ultimate Grip Naming Conventions and List

posted
Total Posts
show more
iderekmc
all grips apart from pencil are absolutely retarded, and its impossible that they are confortable for anyone
ZenithPhantasm

iderekmc wrote:

all grips apart from pencil are absolutely retarded, and its impossible that they are confortable for anyone
The only one retarded is you 8-)
iderekmc

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

The only one retarded is you 8-)
xD
Shinobi
Thanks for this! i've chamged grips multiple times because none of them have really felt right D: Think i'll try out some of these !
Endaris
I applaud you sir.
meteor22
I think this might be the first useful thread I've ever seen in this forum... Congratz to navitsu

It's very interesting to see a variety of grips, and also the way you classified them was clever.
Topic Starter
navitsu

meteor22 wrote:

I think this might be the first useful thread I've ever seen in this forum... Congratz to navitsu

It's very interesting to see a variety of grips, and also the way you classified them was clever.
thanks a lot man :D i really appreciate it
kimcong
My grip is low, but i play full area :P
Meks
Thanks this was very useful,i use common grip similar to hvick! :)
Risa
Cool thread.
rrtyui grip with full area fullscreen works fine for me but it gets srsly tiring esp when doing cross screen jumps
Jeffrey
Wow nice informative thread
I'm currently using calligraphy grip 2 with the thumb going over the pen ayy
This is my usual pen grip when I'm holding a normal pen and writing
But regarding the different types of pengrips, I do agree that pencil grips allow for more freedom around the tablet, but it's probably more suited for those using large, smooth tablets like Wacom. For small tablets like the Huion, having a small area with calligraphy grip would be more suitable as you literally hit the edge easily if you use pencil grip with a large area. And since Huion tablets tend to have high friction (or my palms are just sticky), you just stick one side of your hand to the tablet and move your pen with your fingers.

Maybe it's just my personal preference.
Exemmar
Mine seems to be the medium pencil. Though sometimes I'm trying to grip it higher or even trying calligraphy two, but still medium pencil is the most related to me.
Pituophis
Wow. something that can be useful! My grip is exactly like Calligraphy two, but I use full area on H420. I've tried about half of the grips here and what I use now feels the most accurate for me. It kills my thumb though. The tip of my thumb sometimes gets bruised and the pain can sometimes make playing difficult.
Euphorye
This post... Beautiful. Thanks so much. I couldn't find a good hold. It would either be too loose or hurt a bunch. Now i use pencil grip medium on a H420 and it's perfect. Thanks navitsu
Vio
I've been planning to use a tablet for awhile now. This really helps,thanks! :)
kiyoemon
well done navitsu! now we have a terminology, i guess.
Yuudachi-kun
Apparently I'm calligraphy 2 and not pencil medium. Weird.

Except my middle finger is behind the pen, not on it.
Akani
This is Cookiezi`s real pen grip (it is Cookiezi)
Hexas
I play with this grip
Juanfeis

Fuck it's rotated D:
naliem

iderekmc wrote:

Using Calligraphy two here :) Pretty nice grip imo.
I Give Up

Hexas wrote:

I play with this grip
crayon grip op :lol:
Ayll_DELETED
grip picture from rrtyui (for those who want to compare) :D
Graf

i propose retardgrip
hyouri
the hvick grip is so wrong ww
Tommy Yang
you should include this grip in there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS3zZNE8DwM
R J
My grip seems to be different from all the others I've seen here. What would you call this one?

Topic Starter
navitsu

rjb14 wrote:

My grip seems to be different from all the others I've seen here. What would you call this one?

pencil with the thumb going over the pen (?)
Neymarcus
ZenithPhantasm

Neymarcus wrote:

What about that one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmG50E-vb9Y
Im going to name it the retard grip
Neet_o
Can someone help me identify what my grip would be classified?
Also anyone else that uses something similar?

http://imgur.com/r2MqdJH
ZenithPhantasm

Neet_o wrote:

Can someone help me identify what my grip would be classified?
Also anyone else that uses something similar?

http://imgur.com/r2MqdJH
Calligraphy 2
Neet_o

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Calligraphy 2
Ah, now that I see it, my grip actually started there and I just modified it a slight amount. Thanks
auux

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I've always wanted to try that, feels like a superior way to play ;_;
krotoxx
Im surprised you did not include _Index's pen grip. He described it to me once as he holds it between his index and middle finger pointing straight down with his thumb supporting it IIRC.
ZenithPhantasm

krotoxx wrote:

Im surprised you did not include _Index's pen grip. He described it to me once as he holds it between his index and middle finger pointing straight down with his thumb supporting it IIRC.
I had a similar grip which I coined the "mouse grip" as it allowed me to transfer some of my mouse muscle memory over. After realizing how stupid it was I stopped using tablet.
LeSagaLink
I use calligraphy 2 because that's how I hold my pencil as well. :)
I imagine grip can help a lot, but it's pretty efficient to just use your personal style unless your grip is really poor. This was interesting, I didn't think many people went this far for cool osu! terminology.
cr1mmy
There should be pic with Rafis pen grip, using the same, but it's not so profitable
VXB

cr1m wrote:

There should be pic with Rafis pen grip, using the same, but it's not so profitable
It's just a medium/high pencil grip.
DevRT
Would my grip fall into pencil or other? I'm guessing pencil due to the thumb going over, but it certainly is unique.

show more