forum

The effective way to get used to Extra diff?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rilene
Play extra diffs with HT to get used with wide/slow jumps.
Topic Starter
Keihyan

Sirade wrote:

Is practicing slow jump a helpful?
CXu
The most effective way to get used to extra diffs is to play extra diffs, and not posting on the forums.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more^tm
I Give Up

Keihyan wrote:

Sirade wrote:

I don't recommend ever playing half time unless u want get good at ar7 reading. Practis slow jump helps with technique and practise fast jump to improve stamina must do both for mouse.
Infevo

KukiMonster wrote:

I don't recommend ever playing half time unless u want get good at ar7 reading. Practis slow jump helps with technique and practise fast jump to improve stamina must do both for mouse.
AR9 + HT + HR = AR9

And yes, this is what musicians do to get used to certain things they want to play in original speed. They practice the same chord progressions/arpeggioes/etc. slow first.
Redon
Yuudachi-kun
How about you gradually work your way up in difficulty of what you can fc?
Endaris

Redon wrote:

Infevo wrote:

chord progressions/arpeggioes/etc.
You press two buttons
Pianoplayers beat rhythms with their two hands to get familiar with the rhythm so they have an easier time doing the same with their fingers later.
I can tell you from experience that just beating rhythms can already be decently hard.
Clappy

Infevo wrote:

AR9 + HT + HR = AR9

AR9 + HT + HR = AR8.5
-Makishima S-
AR9 + HT + HR = AR8.5
Wut? Lie.

http://w.ppy.sh/6/68/ARTable.png
Redon
I Give Up

Infevo wrote:

And yes, this is what musicians do to get used to certain things they want to play in original speed. They practice the same chord progressions/arpeggioes/etc. slow first.
osu! players don't need to be musicians. Playing slow is different skill to playing fast. HTHR will help with memorising pattern, but when you play song without it is now faster bpm. Really if you need to play HTHR just to learn pattern then you shouldn't even be attempting that hard map.

Instead, this:

Khelly wrote:

How about you gradually work your way up in difficulty of what you can fc?
Endaris
I never said pressing two buttons can't be hard. But I'm under the impression that pianists, for example, learn to play patterns slowly first in order to acquire the dexterity, muscle memory and finger independence they need to play it faster. To press two buttons in osu, you basically need speed, stamina, accuracy and a "sense of rhythm". I can't imagine how playing a slowed down version of a "pattern" would help you with any of that.
It depends on the pattern. If we're talking about mere jumps it is no problem of course but if you play a pattern like this the speed at which you play it makes a very big difference.
chainpullz
Find some maps that have a uniform difficulty throughout but at a much higher star level so you can drill your consistency for the bullshit difficulty spikes that occur in pretty much every ranked 5*+ map these days. Playing more extra won't help you as much since you can probably take a nap for half the map, miss once or twice on the spike, and not get much out of it.

That or you could just spam a given extra until you get lucky and make it through the difficulty spike and rinse repeat for more pp. I'd like to say it's not the best route in the long run if you are looking to improve though. The idea being that you can always come back once you are comfortable with the difficulty level of the spikes and churn out a bunch of fcs in a short period of time and already have a head start on even harder maps.
Rilene

Keihyan wrote:

Sirade wrote:

Technically, yes, to get used to a wide jumps, but of course, play it slowly first until you got used to wide jumps.
Infevo

Clappy wrote:

Infevo wrote:

AR9 + HT + HR = AR9

AR9 + HT + HR = AR8.5
stfu

Redon wrote:

Infevo wrote:

chord progressions/arpeggioes/etc.
You press two buttons

Maybe my example for the ignorant, rather unable to think for themselves, people was a little off. Instead, let's just take percussionists for example. Maybe this gets closer to osu! so people don't have to use their brains too much to get my point... You still need tons of coordination. And we are not simply talking about hitting buttons at the right time but doing so in syncronization with your aim.
E m i

Infevo wrote:

Clappy wrote:

AR9 + HT + HR = AR8.5
stfu
plz no bully maybe he thought HT is reverse of DT xd (x0.666666... speed)
sottovoce
Maybe my example for the ignorant, rather unable to think for themselves, people was a little off. Instead, let's just take percussionists for example. Maybe this gets closer to osu! so people don't have to use their brains too much to get my point... You still need tons of coordination. And we are not simply talking about hitting buttons at the right time but doing so in syncronization with your aim.
How about you stop trying to force comparisons of osu! with playing a musical instrument?
Whether you SS a map or enable no-fail and get 0% - the music sounds exactly the same.
That should give you a little clue how similar they are.
Infevo

sottovoce wrote:

How about you stop trying to force comparisons of osu! with playing a musical instrument?
Whether you SS a map or enable no-fail and get 0% - the music sounds exactly the same.
That should give you a little clue how similar they are.
You don't make any sense. Sure the music stays the same but what's your point? I can play the guitar to a play along track and the music I play along to will be the same EACH single time I do so. But what I specifically do (my improvisations, my guitar leads, riffs and so on, very concrete sheet music = osu! hitsounds) may differ every time based on my skills, if i mess up occasionally or maybe are totally off the timing. Some parts my sheets (=maps) tell me might still be impossible to execute.

That should give you sufficient clue how clueless you are.
sottovoce

Infevo wrote:

You don't make any sense. Sure the music stays the same but what's your point? I can play the guitar to a play along track and the music I play along to will be the same EACH single time I do so. But what I specifically do (my improvisations, my guitar leads, riffs and so on, very concrete sheet music = osu! hitsounds) may differ every time based on my skills, if i mess up occasionally or maybe are totally off the timing. Some parts my sheets (=maps) tell me might still be impossible to execute.

That should give you sufficient clue how clueless you are.
You know absolutely nothing about music - a musical score is in no way equivalent to an osu! beatmap. No two performances of a score will ever be identical.
It's an imperfect approximation of the music. One of the skills of being a good performer is correctly interpreting the score: that's why most people would rather listen to, say, Vladimir Ashkenazy playing the piano rather than a mechanically perfect computer simply outputting the notes from a score.

Every single play of an osu! beatmap, the music will be identical no matter how well or how badly I have played the beatmap.

The reason I am making these posts is because you are advising practising osu! as though it is a musical instrument. This is poor advice. Practice osu! as though you are playing osu!.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more
Infevo

sottovoce wrote:

You know absolutely nothing about music.
You don't know me. And you still don't make any sense.
Redon
B1rd

KukiMonster wrote:

AR9 + HT is ar7.67

all these people getting their ARs wrong, smh