forum

My hand hurts while playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
Okay, a while back i bought myself a Razer Abyssus 2014 mouse, one thing I noticed is that my hand hurts a little after i play for a while.
It didn't bother me much before but now it's getting serious . Is my mouse just doesn't fit my hand / grip ? how can I find a mouse that does?
thanks!
-sev
Take breaks.
GoldenWolf
try new mices until you find one you like
or try to get your hands on one before buying it, if you can't afford to throw money at that
Jeffrey
Maybe the mouse is too big/too small for your palm, or you're playing too much at once.
Try to fit your hand on the mouse before buying it to see if it feels comfortable or not.
Razer's mouses are good, but it might not be the best if your palm doesn't fit.
Also you should take breaks once your hand hurts or else be prepared to get fcked by RSI
Keihyan
which parts of hand get hurt?
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

Keihyan wrote:

My palm and my fingers. I didn't have this problem before I switched to the new mouse, I didn't want to feel bad about buying it so I just ignored it lol.
When I played Osu with my old mouse I never had this problem, also It only happens when I play Osu, not other video games.
ZenithPhantasm
Get a better shaped mouse. G402 is pretty good.
I Give Up
It is normal. Get stronger.
GoldenWolf

KukiMonster wrote:

No, pain is not normal.
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

No, pain is not normal.
sure it is, pain in the palm from something like that is typically related to the pollicis muscles being weak and underused and will quickly strengthen if he keeps it up.

i would never worry about pain unless it's in the wrist or the back of the hand, or anywhere where muscles aren't found really.

@ OP trying to find a solution, perhaps you are gripping the mouse harder in osu! for control than you do in other games because to be honest the actual mechanical cursor movement requirements for osu! are gigantic compared to something like league of legends, where a professional player can get away with using a trackball at the very top tiers of play [link] yet you'd have a hard time reaching 4 star map level with a trackball on osu!, and you are subconsciously compensating maybe due to high DPI

hope i helped
B1rd
If it's just worn out muscles it's fine, but if any other sort of pain, even if it's not that prominent, you stop playing.
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

If it's just worn out muscles it's fine, but if any other sort of pain, even if it's not that prominent, you stop playing.
exactly, muscles get so much blood [relative to ligaments/tendons] they can heal from pretty much any damage, unless you somehow fuck up that blood flow by developing compartment syndrome in your hand or something.

i really dont see that happening though.
pandaBee
Well yeah but avoiding pain is a good rule of thumb. If your muscles are sore from playing osu to the point of actually hurting, then you should probably be taking a break anyways. Nublets are more susceptible to developing bad habits that might lead them to one day getting a visit from he who must not be named. Better safe than sorry I'd say.
A Medic
Take small breaks after playing for extended periods of time. My fingers start to hurt after like 3-4 hours of straight playing, and I usually take an hour break before my fingers are good again. But that's just me.
GoldenWolf
Being sore is totally okay, it's even good to push your limits up to that point
Any more than that, when it starts hurting and feel like actual pain is not okay and you shouldn't push further

OP said the pain was getting serious, so no, it's not normal.
Keihyan

Sh0keR wrote:

Keihyan wrote:

My palm and my fingers. I didn't have this problem before I switched to the new mouse, I didn't want to feel bad about buying it so I just ignored it lol.
When I played Osu with my old mouse I never had this problem, also It only happens when I play Osu, not other video games.
Well , I guess try different way to grip or change mouse would be the best way ,otherwise BUY TABLET
Bungie2117
This is what I have learned from this forum...
How to get gud -> play more
Hand hurts/RSI?!?!??! ->play less
????????????
Great osu advice in every G&R thread :roll:
E m i

Bungie2117 wrote:

????????????
Yes
ZenithPhantasm

Bungie2117 wrote:

????????????
Welcome to Gameplay & Retards
GoldenWolf

Bungie2117 wrote:

????????????
Are you for real?