forum

CtB Monthly Beatmap Contest [For Pure Fun]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

SparKticas wrote:

Love it dude, very well done. Look forward to seeing what comes out of this.
Wish I could map myself, but I shall be watching eagerly!
Best of luck
Thank you! Hope this becomes a succes!
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

TenyoFanGirl wrote:

Wow, this looks really interesting.

Great idea Razor Sharp!~
Thank you!
SYAHME
Its have to be interesting... :)
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

SYAHME wrote:

Its have to be interesting... :)
yes :D
JBHyperion
Sounds good, I hope I like the song as I was turned off by song choices in the "official" MBCs.

Keeping an eye on this, good luck (:
MBomb
Seems good to me, I'll maybe enter if I have the motivation to map ;)
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Seems good to me, I'll maybe enter if I have the motivation to map ;)
Good to hear :D
autofanboy
yo
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

alienflybot wrote:

yo
swag
Professor Gila
oh sweet, great song! :3

gotta call for collab :p

hey, contact news@ppy.sh about this ;w;

/ruuuuuuuuunnnnnnn.......
MBomb
Just a recommendation, maybe have the maps sent to you over pm, rather than submitted (Because otherwise people could copy other people's mapping).
Professor Gila

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Just a recommendation, maybe have the maps sent to you over pm, rather than submitted (Because otherwise people could copy other people's mapping).
like just send the .osz file to razor sharp?

btw, the song is not full version ;w; (4 minutes)
MBomb

lidahapi wrote:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

like just send the .osz file to razor sharp?
Yea, that's it.
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

.osz is ok to send me. As long i get the map in pm, any way you want is ok.
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

lidahapi wrote:

oh sweet, great song! :3

gotta call for collab :p

hey, contact news@ppy.sh about this ;w;

/ruuuuuuuuunnnnnnn.......
I have contacted Tasha bout it
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

lidahapi wrote:

btw, the song is not full version ;w; (4 minutes)
i know. 4 min too long for 2 weeks
Ciyus Miapah
i think it can be more fun if we find some donators to give prize for winner on this mapping contest
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

Fort wrote:

i think it can be more fun if we find some donators to give prize for winner on this mapping contest
Yeah. But i have no cash to do so myself. But if someone wants to, it would be awesome
DeletedUser_500696
nice idea I am in support of this
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

diao wrote:

nice idea I am in support of this
Sweet!
Vhy
personally i really dont know where is the fun when there is nothing you win in this contest. how about giving a free mod by all the judges and staffs as a reward to the winner's mapset until it get qualified? cheap but best to attract more mappers :D
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

Eclipst wrote:

personally i really dont know where is the fun when there is nothing you win in this contest. how about giving a free mod by all the judges and staffs as a reward to the winner's mapset until it get qualified? cheap but best to attract more mappers :D
Idk, could work.
But having a contest once a month for fun, without something to win, is still fun. The warm feeling of winning is always great!
But for now, let me add something :3
Vhy
mmmh alright, lets see how it goes. anyway the song choice is pretty nice thou
maybe i will keep an eye on this.

Razor Sharp wrote:

Maps will be judged with points (1-10) in different factors. These factors are: Creativity, Pattern usage, Flow, Playability, Fitness(does it fit the song?).
no judging over difficulty curve? since this contest is about to map the whole mapset not a single difficulty, so literally that was the most important thing to judge. i guess
SYAHME

Eclipst wrote:

Razor Sharp wrote:

Maps will be judged with points (1-10) in different factors. These factors are: Creativity, Pattern usage, Flow, Playability, Fitness(does it fit the song?).
no judging over difficulty curve? since this contest is about to map the whole mapset not a single difficulty, so literally that was the most important thing to judge. i guess
What is diffiulty curve?
autofanboy

SYAHME wrote:

Eclipst wrote:

What is diffiulty curve?
More likely it means the difficulty spread.
Like the difference among Salad, Platter and Rain is similar (such as the Star Rating)
SYAHME

alienflybot wrote:

More likely it means the difficulty spread.
Like the difference among Salad, Platter and Rain is similar (such as the Star Rating)
Okay
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

Eclipst wrote:

Razor Sharp wrote:

Yes that will also be considered. But not with points. Simply a comment
Spectator
marked
Akasha-
wow, STORIA, my favorited song
But maybe you need rename ? Since CtB Monthly Beatmapping Contest is an official named of osu! MBC
but, good luck to all i'm looking for new mappers / players and also good map on CtB :)
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

wow, STORIA, my favorited song
But maybe you need rename ? Since CtB Monthly Beatmapping Contest is an official named of osu! MBC
but, good luck to all i'm looking for new mappers / players and also good map on CtB :)
Will keep the name tho
And thank youuuu ^_^
JBHyperion
How do you plan to ensure anonymity when judging to avoid bias? It might be worth submitting the maps to someone not on the judging panel first, who can then remove the mappers' names from each set. The judging panel would just see "Set 1, Set 2, etc.", or something, and wouldn't know whose set was which until after judging is complete.

I know everyone says they try to maintain impartiality and be fair, but the cynic in me says that removing friendship/rivalry/grudge bias completely is impossible, and this is a straightforward solution that wouldn't take much effort to implement.
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

JBHyperion wrote:

How do you plan to ensure anonymity when judging to avoid bias? It might be worth submitting the maps to someone not on the judging panel first, who can then remove the mappers' names from each set. The judging panel would just see "Set 1, Set 2, etc.", or something, and wouldn't know whose set was which until after judging is complete.

I know everyone says they try to maintain impartiality and be fair, but the cynic in me says that removing friendship/rivalry/grudge bias completely is impossible, and this is a straightforward solution that wouldn't take much effort to implement.
we have tought that out already. Fort/Bober will rename the owners of the map and then send it too us
SYAHME

JBHyperion wrote:

I agree with JBHyperion...
Krah

Razor Sharp wrote:

we have tought that out already. Fort/Bober will rename the owners of the map and then send it too us
then don't ask people to send it to you ._.

Razor Sharp wrote:

Deadline will be September 28. All submissions must be messaged to Razor by then.
autofanboy

Krah wrote:

Razor Sharp wrote:

Razor Sharp wrote:

Deadline will be September 28. All submissions must be messaged to Razor by then.
He is about to change it lolz
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

Krah wrote:

Razor Sharp wrote:

Razor Sharp wrote:

IM CHANGING IT DONT WORRY XD
JBHyperion
Wow, sorry for accidentally causing drama xD
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

JBHyperion wrote:

Wow, sorry for accidentally causing drama xD
It alright cx
jodigga
I will start mapping looks fun :D
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp