forum

~[Rank your favorite keymodes!]~

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shoegazer

-Kamikaze- wrote:

#9999 for 4K for being absolute trash, stepmania meme lords playfield, fucking broken star rating, pepole hating LNs and generally pepole saying that they won't learn any other keymode because it's too fucking hard S P A C E T I M E smh....

Related to the thread:
4K > 6K > 5K > anything else personally.
akuma123
#1 7K and 4K, both are fun :D
#2 8K
#3 6K
#4 1K JACKSSSS :D
#5 the rest lel
31Gabe
#1: 4K
#2: 8K

I find other modes just okay. 7K is the equivalent to O2JAM and Rock Fever, while 9K is the equivalent to pop'n music. I mainly like 4K and 8K because I'm all into DanceDanceRevolution.
lemonguy
jfc 4k != ddr, can you stop with the ddr, you're becoming a meme
Tristan97

Gekido- wrote:

It's far too late for that.
Jinjin
1. 7K jej >_<
2. 4K hehehehehe :DD
3. 5K ohohohoho :D
4. 6K mmmm...?
5. 8K mmmhmmhmmhmhm :)
6. 9K mmm....!
7. 10K mmmmm !_!
8. 88K le piano
Rilene

iJinjin wrote:

jej
That meme is copyrighted by Shoegazer.
Cuppp
7+1k
rest is anything but 4k, i hate 4k
-Konner-

Gekido- wrote:

"becoming"

There is no hope anymore, there is no mercy.
mijkolsmith
1. 4k
2. 1k
3. 7k
4. 5k 6k 8k
6. 1k 2k 3k 9k 10k 14k 16k
7. ...
8. profit!
Hydria
1. 1k
2. 2 + 2k
3. 3 + 1k
4. 4k
5. 5 - 1k
6. 6k
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
cheese salad
#1: 4k because I find it easier to keep track of 4 keys along with high densities from playing taiko and I really like playing fast maps with many notes
#2: 7k because 80% of mania maps are in this keymode and I just find it fun to play
#3: 5k cause its 4k with a spacebar
#4: 8k, it looks really fun to play, but I still suck
#5: 6k, I always get confused with 7k and end up randomly pressing the spacebar and I just never liked it
Soul Stealer
I'd say....
#1-4K; It gives you more of a rush when playing faster maps and is often less complicated. A downside of it is for the less keys, there are more notes for each.
#2-5k; OK, OK, HEAR ME OUT. It gives the same rush of energy and accomplishment as 4k, without too many notes on each key and still not too complicated.
#3-7k;obviously... this mode has more of an extendability for options of gameplay and a feeling of self-accomplishment without the feeling of "WTF IS GOING ON"
#LAST-10K; I do not like the idea, gameplay, nor setup of 10K. There are way too many keys to keep track of, you have to use the weakest fingers you have (whcih ever one that is) no matter what, it gives your fingers a strained pain without a perfect posture and hand position, and I think 10K must have been made out of desperation as it's poorly thought out and practically unused anyways.
OperaMini0

The Arrival wrote:

#LAST-10K; I do not like the idea, gameplay, nor setup of 10K. There are way too many keys to keep track of, you have to use the weakest fingers you have (whcih ever one that is) no matter what, it gives your fingers a strained pain without a perfect posture and hand position, and I think 10K must have been made out of desperation as it's poorly thought out and practically unused anyways.
a lot of people say the same thing about 7k
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
OperaMini0
1) 7k+1
2) 14k+2
3) everything else
1000) 3k/2k/1k
LastExceed
1) 4k
2) 4k
3) 4k
4) 4k
5) 4k
6) 4k
7) 4k
CircusGalop
1) 10k
2) 9K
3) 8K

10K piano maps give special feeling and you can't feel this by other keys never.
look at this. https://youtu.be/-Nal-DE3ECM
Flanster
#1 - 6K
#2 - 5K
#3 - 7K
#4 - 4K
#5 - 7K+ mindfuck
#6 - 1-3K
NXTKitKat
#1 - 7K - finger action, you have to read everything, very fun.
#2 - 4K - good and fun patterns to play, however a bit much on mashing for me.
#3 - 5K - 4K with the spacebar, pretty new and cool feeling.
#4 - 6K - basically 7-1K, nice mode, but I prefer having the spacebar (maybe I got used to the space so much XD)
#5 - 7+1K - You need your pinky this time. Like it but can't use my pinky and need some help with skinning this mode X(
Meseki
For how much I like playing each mode in osu!mania (using the keyboard; I don't use my IIDX/pop'n controllers on osu!mania, because I play osu!standard as well, and switching modes when I'm using a controller would be tedious):

1. 6K: Uses a decent amount of keys without forcing me to use my pinkies and without the weirdness that is the space key.
  2. 7K: The space key is a little weird, but completely tolerable.
  3. 7+1K: I'm not used to using my pinkies for buttons like this, and dealing with what is charted as 16th note scratches sucks on the keyboard.
  4. 9K: Really weird, but more keys (within reason) is generally better than less keys.
  5. 8K(symmetrical): Haven't played it, but using my thumb is less weird than using my pinkies, so not using my thumb while using my pinkies would probably be less enjoyable.
  6. 4K: Too few keys for keyboard charts; gives less room for pitch relevance and tends to have 8th/16th jackhammers that don't necessarily make sense musically but have to be used to avoid being bland/repetitive.
  7. 5K: Space key weirdness while still somewhat lacking in keys. Too few charts to be sure whether I actually prefer it over 4K or not, but I know I'm worse at it.
  8. 10K: Never played it, but I think it's too many keys for playing on a keyboard.
  9. 1,2,3K: Haven't played these either, but since they have even less keys than 4K, I can't imagine enjoying such charts very much.
Though I probably prefer IIDX Single/Double and pop'n over using the keyboard, since my hand position isn't pretty much locked when playing those.
princesswell
1. 4k: I love the feeling I get when I play fast stuff and can keep up with it.
2. 10k: because 1-2.5 star maps are really fun to play
3. 5&6k: Some times it nice to get little change with the amount of keys and I like the patterns in 5 and 6k the most.
4.1-3&8-9K: I don't play them so can't say anything.
5. 7k: I would love to play and get better at 7k but nowadays when I try to play +3 stars map I get huge pain to my right hand. ;-;
Arzenvald
#1 : 7K - started everything out and eventually able to play all other keymode because of 7K
#2 : 5K - my 1st vsrg game was guitar hero and 5K is sike <3
#3 : 4K - full of dank meme
#4 : 1+7K, 6K, & 1+5K, bms-alike keymode is pure bliss yo
#5 : other key mode :3
additionally, the most hated keymode? pure 8K.. for me, 9K is just better than pure 8K without scratch honestly
Raediaufar
1. 6k: Keymode which I feel comfortable to play with, hope there will be much good maps for 6k later on ;_;
2. 7k: Basically like 6k but somewhat there are things that pretty odd to play with space like 1234567 continuous stair but others should be fine
3. 9k: I found this one is really fun to play nonetheless I can't play it well
4. 4k: Keymode that I can play it well but now I don't feel it much fun anymore
5. 8k: Without the presence of space this one plays weird
6. 5k: Basically this keymode is awkward for me when I play it
JamesHappy
1. 5K - my favorite keymode and imo I find it fun to play
2. 7K - even though i'm just learning to clear some hard maps on that keymode, i have no problems on that, also its fun imo.
3. 6K - comfortable enough for me to play
4. 4K - mm
5. 7+1K or symmetrical 8K - i'm just playing this to practice my finger independence
6. 9K and 10K - same as above
7. others
abraker
With a lot of the players putting 6k/5k more to the top, I would think I would see more of those maps ._.
Is it because there is not enough of them that you like those?
4k is at the bottom for most of you, so then why is it still the most popular?
I don't get it.
JamesHappy

abraker wrote:

With a lot of the players putting 6k/5k more to the top, I would think I would see more of those maps ._.
For me, i would prefer to see more anti-meta keys ranked. Too bad, only few mappers could make some.

abraker wrote:

I don't get it.
Well other players would prefer that, since it is easy to play IMO.
juankristal
#1 4K
#2 6K
#3 8K
#4 7K
#5 5K
#6 Others

:D
JOEMOMO
1 - 4k
2 - 7k
3 - 5k I guess
4 - Others

I only really play 4k.
Meseki

abraker wrote:

I don't get it.
I'd probably map 6K if I mapped something, but since I'm somewhat lazy, the ranking process exists (not that it shouldn't by any means), and I haven't made rhythm game charts for over two years (not even Stepmania pad charts, which I have the most experience with), it hasn't happened at all.
Also, most songs I like and would possibly think of mapping come from Bemani or BMS artists, so many of them have pre-existing charts.

I think most of the people with the initiative to map something and get it ranked either come from charting in Stepmania and/or O2Mania or just follow what's popular though.
Cra Dow
1# 10 Key
2# 18 Key
3# 9 Key
4# 8 Key
5# 16 Key
6# 14 Key
7# 12 Key
8# 7 Key
9# 6 Key
10# 5 Key
11# 4 Key