forum

~[Rank your favorite keymodes!]~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Karukami
I want to see if there's some peole around who would prefer 5k or 6k to 4k or 7k :)
Make sure to give reasons why you prefer that mode to the other ones
Mine would be

#1 - 7k (Because it's more comfortable and fun and slower and less tiring than 4k)
#2 - 4k (It gives an awesome sense of speed at high difficulties, at least to me)
#3 - 8k (Most 8k maps are 7k+1 so it's not that different, but i'm still getting used to it)
#4 - 5k (It's a little bit more complicated than 4k but its not that different, plus it has the center note, like 7k)
#5 - 6k (I can't play 6k, I always mistake the two center notes xD)
#6 - 9k (Too many keys!! >:( )

What's your favorite keymode? ouo

idk if keymode would be the correct term ;w;
Elementaires
1) 7k
2) 8k
3) 9k
4) others
Hestia-
I love all mode equal :o

inb4 drace 14k
abraker
1) 10k - The most I see myself doing eventually. Offers the most room from creativity

2) 8k - Currently training to play 8k better. 8k patterns are noticeably different from 7k ones due to people from BMS primarilty mapping them.

3) 6k - I like even number of keys, and 6k offers something in between 4k and 7k which I will explain in the following

4) 7k - Offers more room for patterns, but I am just not a fan of odd number keys. I like to use the same number of keys on either hand.

5) 4k - There is a point in 4k, above 5.0 stars, which makes you question what the hell you are playing. This keymode at the end of the day is nothing more than stamina and speed. Any flexibilty higher keymodes may provide is comparable to inverted maps in this keymode, which is the only other type of reasonable difficulty in this.

6) 5k - I don't know what your key setups for 5k are, but I play (123 numpad8 numpad9), and I really got used to that to a point that using anything else feels weird. However, it puts a lot of strain on my left hand. Also I am not entirely sure why, but 5k seems harder for my than 7k despite me using same fingers+2 more. Just not my cup of tea

7) 9k - As you already know, I have a thing against odd numbered keyed maps. It also doesn't help that my brain thinks 9k is either 8k or 10k when trying to play. 7k is still fine since the thumbs can be independently controlled pretty well, but I choke on the pinky.

8) 1k - Jack-ass jackmode is the only way to describe this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-18k - I can do up to 2.7* auto converts on 14k, but that's pretty much it. It requires me to use 2 keyboards to avoid ghosting issues. This has no rank, it's just outside the scope where I don't even know what to give this.

2-3k - 2k is a nice way to practice the standard mode tapping (which I really suck at) and 3k is great for drumming/Synth maps. That's pretty much it.
pengomon
#1: 7k --> More challenging and more epic style patterns (especially oldest ranked beatmap). Although I'm so hard to play with space key with my thumb. :3
#2: 6K --> Most interesting because it's not usiong space key. But list ranked bm of 6k is so little bit. :o
#3: 5k --> Although 4k & 5k have same rank in my opinion list but I have a reason why I put 5k first... v *see in below*
#4: 4k --> Oh, boy! I'm still bored with 4k. Why majority ranked beatmap always 4k? And why 4k bm style patterns don't have epic patterns? Although it, I still play 4k. :v
#5: 8k --> Though it annoying style mode both 7+1k or (real) 8k, I still haven't played it.
#6: 9k --> Please! My laptop keyboard is begin to keyghosting.... :v

1k, 2k, 3k? No...! They're sucked mode keys.... :v
Evening
#1 stands for 1k obv
#2 others
kuuderes_shadow
#1 5k
#2 others, though I'm more comfortable playing 4/6k than 7/9k, and more comfortable with 7/9k than 8k.
Ender Lain
  1. 4k
  2. 5k
  3. 6k
  4. 7k
  5. 2k
W D Gaster
1. 4k
2. 4+1k
3. 4+2k
4. 5k
5. 6k
6. 69k ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
7. 7+1k
Ayaya
1. 4k (simple and fun)
2. 7k (more skill needed and long note maps my favorite on 7k)
3. 5k (like a hybrid of 4k and 7k)
4. 6k (just because I can play it)
5. Others
PyaKura
I'd say 7K first but then again I can't play other keymodes for shit lol
Ayaya

PyaKura wrote:

but I thought you can't 7k also :^)
ggsnipess
1) 8k
2) 9k
3) 7k
4) 4k
5) rest
PyaKura

Ayaya wrote:

PyaKura wrote:

but I thought you can't 7k also :^)
:(
Fraux
#1 : 7k
#2 : 4k
#3 : 8k
#4 : 6k
#5 : 5k
#6 : 9k
Rilene
1) 1k
2) All except 1k.
IamBaum
1) 16K - Because i'm able to return to all those calm and nice Songs without loosing the challenge, this is also neither exhausting, nor frustrating because there is no "competition pressure".
2) 4K - This was my first main keymode and the high speed is quite fun to play.
3) I like 7K-10K equally.
LuigiPlayIt
1) 7k
2) 4k
3) 6k
4) 9k
5) 5k
6) 8k
7) 10k+ (too much for me)
Adolebit
1) 4k I'm just more comfortable with it
2) 8k It doesn't make use of a middle key so it confused me less lol
3) 6k Same as 8k

Honestly, I haven't played much of the other keys, but I can without a doubt say that I won't really come to like any keymode with a middle key.

I'm also still sorta fresh to mania
Kamikaze
#1 goes to 8K for being an awesome keymode to play, giving me a lot of challenges in ery dffrent ways (like scratch jacks or symmetrical style) and of course le BMS
#2 for me is 7K just because that's the keymode I'm best at, also because o2jam style maps are a ton of fun to play
#3 is 9K because it's so goddamn fun to map
#4 will be 10K because it looks super fun and I want to learn how to play it properly
#5 would be 1K. It's ultra fun to map and funny to play (alternate-pussy style ftw)
#6 6K, it's very cool, but I find lack of middle key quite awkward at times. I'd definitly get more into it if we'd have more ranked maps of it
#7 5K, it reminds me of 4K too much
#8 both 2 & 3K, cuz they look like a potential fun keymodes for when I want to take a break from grinding and have some fun

#9999 for 4K for being absolute trash, stepmania meme lords playfield, fucking broken star rating, pepole hating LNs and generally pepole saying that they won't learn any other keymode because it's too fucking hard S P A C E T I M E smh....
Topic Starter
Karukami

-Kamikaze- wrote:

#9999 for 4K for being absolute trash, stepmania meme lords playfield, fucking broken star rating, people hating LNs and generally pepole saying that they won't learn any other keymode because it's too fucking hard S P A C E T I M E smh....
^true dis, true dat^
Shoegazer

-Kamikaze- wrote:

#9999 for 4K for being absolute trash, stepmania meme lords playfield, fucking broken star rating, pepole hating LNs and generally pepole saying that they won't learn any other keymode because it's too fucking hard S P A C E T I M E smh....

Related to the thread:
4K > 6K > 5K > anything else personally.
akuma123
#1 7K and 4K, both are fun :D
#2 8K
#3 6K
#4 1K JACKSSSS :D
#5 the rest lel
31Gabe
#1: 4K
#2: 8K

I find other modes just okay. 7K is the equivalent to O2JAM and Rock Fever, while 9K is the equivalent to pop'n music. I mainly like 4K and 8K because I'm all into DanceDanceRevolution.
show more