forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
kai99
My score hasn't been updating, since I've tried manually inputting some scores and my graph went up by a large amount of number. Could you check with this issue, please?

Thanks.
Topic Starter
Kert

Hawaii wrote:

Hawaii
fixed

kai99 wrote:

My score hasn't been updating, since I've tried manually inputting some scores and my graph went up by a large amount of number. Could you check with this issue, please?

Thanks.
Can you rephrase your sentence, please? I am not sure I understand you
abraker

kai99 wrote:

Thanks.
It shows you have two new scores added on January 21 and 30 on the page where the "graphs" are listed. Sometimes it can take up to half hour for new scores to be added (depending on how big the queue is)
Konam
Can i have a flag change on osuskills? I recently changed flag from France to Portugal
Chemistry
http://i.imgur.com/WG7Xe8Q.png would DT not submit on osu!skills?
E m i

Kert wrote:

Hawaii wrote:

Hawaii
get it? because Kert has a 290 lol ecks dee xd lol :) :) :) :o
Topic Starter
Kert

Momiji wrote:

get it? because Kert has a 290 lol ecks dee xd lol :) :) :) :o
290x :>

2Chemistry:
Only highest scored one is considered on osu!Skills

2Kon4m: Fixed your flag
unko
ok so um cookiezi just got a 900 stamina score (a record i believe) from that 230bpm map i mentioned a few weeks ago

http://osuskills.tk/user/Cookiezi/skill/stamina

is this positively meant to happen
Topic Starter
Kert
Not really
Chemistry
Dumii
late but out of curiosity would this dt score submit if i requested manually?
abraker

Dumii wrote:

sorry, highest score only as of right now
Soar
Sometimes, some score is missing such as
http://osuskills.tk/user/Winshley/skill/memory
you can see Winshley get scores from
Susumu Hirasawa - Forces (Card N'FoRcE) [Armin's Normal] +HDDTHRFL (100%)
Susumu Hirasawa - Forces (Card N'FoRcE) [Easy] +HDDTHRFL (100%)
but not
Susumu Hirasawa - Forces (Card N'FoRcE) [Sallad's Normal] +HDDTHRFL (100%)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/75895&m=0
I check easy and sallad's normal, and normal is definitely harder

Also I want to know how long does new map score update
Cause I'm waiting this map 8-)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/544647
E m i

Dumii wrote:

ugh we NEED that
Lee
I tried searching my own name and not sure if the site recognizes my name change couple of months back
B1rd
Almost everyone has psychic title, I have it even though I'm almost exclusively an ar9-9.3 nomod player. definitely needs to be tweaked.
E m i

how much stamina for this
Toy
Why did unko get a 2100 stamina score on HT and how do I get 1 too
Dawns

imagine only getting 2.1k from it
unko
im #1 global now appaerntly
Minegamezz
i don´t know why but whe i try to load my page - "Name: Minegamezz" - it display´s "It's currently calculating... Please check back in a few minutes." and doesn´t do anything from there.
I tried several other players and all of them worked.
please help :|
Chemistry
any plans on tweaking/fixing the agility skill? i think ti would be good if it took cs into the algorithm ( i know cs7/9.1 maps might get really broken) but its better than cs2 maps being weighted as cs4 plays
Endaris
This is extremely overrated on Stamina
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/722587
My highest score even though it is much more comfortable to pull off speedwise in comparison to all my other Stamina scores.
-Shogun-
i like this system ;)
Rad-
Is the Reading skill still in development? Just curious.
abraker

Rad- wrote:

Is the Reading skill still in development? Just curious.
Yes, but just imagine the progress going slower then a snail. It sucks when you start a project with so much free time a couple years back and then things happen down the road which make you no longer have as much time to work on it.
Dawns
It is way too hard to get a second title.
I'm trying to go for "Pirate" which requires me to farm memory and small cs maps, this is fine till I realized both of these skills would have to be in the high 600's thanks to my high stamina and tenacity.
Scarlet Evans

Dawnsday wrote:

It is way too hard to get a second title.
I'm trying to go for "Pirate" which requires me to farm memory and small cs maps, this is fine till I realized both of these skills would have to be in the high 600's thanks to my high stamina and tenacity.
I think it's because of your reaction, which is quite high, almost dominating other two skills. These three are in one set (with still non-existent Reading), independent of set with Stamina, Tenacity, Agility and Accuracy.

Here Kert wrote this:

Kert wrote:

Nice research
That's close but it goes like this:

The title is dominating if either of these is true
1. (highest - skill) < (highest / 5)
2. skill > avg * 1.3

5 and 1.3 are magic numbers, yes
Not sure, if I understand (1.) correctly (rising both Precision and Memory above 408=510*4/5 would make them dominated, even if they are currently much lower and are not dominated??), but if average in (2.) means average of all (currently) 3 skills, then after rising your Reaction from 510 to over 591 it would dominate the rest and you would be "Psychic".

(390+x+383)/3*1.3 < x    ==     591.066 < x

So, to become Pirate, you would need to not simply rise Precision and Memory, but rise them high enough to dominate Reaction!
Not sure how high, as quote above is little unclear for me and I don't fully understand formula, but if basing on (2.) you need the average of all 3 skills to be higher than 1.3*Reaction=1.3*510, then you would need at least ~740 in both Precision and Memory, to dominate Reaction and become Pirate. :cry:

(740+740+510)/3 = 663.333 = 1.3 * 510.25

So, at this point, rising both Precision and Memory will make yourself a "Daredevil", like this player is: http://osuskills.tk/user/Heatherfield

... or you could lose some reaction, by overwriting highest score play with some other mods, like HR -> HD ; DT -> FL, while rising other two skills to upper 600/lower 700, to become Pirate easier.
Still, I think that Daredevil sounds very cool too ;)

Edit: fixed math (I hope it's correct, would be great to hear confirmation^^)
Soar
Also there is something happen FL too

somtimes HTFL gives more than FL
(I rechecked if he didn't update when he missed it, but no)
akwari
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
Topic Starter
Kert
Blame loved maps
ManInGlasses
I have to enter capcha for every score, this is not convenient and takes a lot of time, can you change capcha activation it for at least ~5 scores? I'm starting to hate pictures of mountains and street signs >:(
anthem_666
Yea, problem with reaction ranking is funny xd
Everyone has -2000000 reaction.
Will you try to repair this xD?
Or some loved maps wont be able to get a points on site xd?
Looking for repairs :)
Gl
Topic Starter
Kert
Should be fixed once every broken reaction score person gets updated
orangesnowfox

ManInGlasses wrote:

I have to enter capcha for every score, this is not convenient and takes a lot of time, can you change capcha activation it for at least ~5 scores? I'm starting to hate pictures of mountains and street signs >:(
Or even every 5 ;-; (first being a capacha 6th etc)
Ohrami
you know you could call agility "aim" and tenacity "streaming" and nobody would have to go the main page to figure out wtf it means

also how the hell do you determine how good someone is at sight-reading?
abraker

Ohrami wrote:

Are you referring to the reaction skill?
Topic Starter
Kert

Ohrami wrote:

you know you could call agility "aim" and tenacity "streaming" and nobody would have to go the main page to figure out wtf it means
Well stamina is also streaming in a sense, and precision is aim too
Scarlet Evans

Ohrami wrote:

If you go through this topic some more, you will notice that probably no one really knows how exactly things work here, except the people that work on it.
Over these 70+ pages, many people were trying to ask about some more detailed info on how different things work, but devs are very reluctant in giving any detailed info about their algorithms, as if they were anxious that someone could steal their work or try to analyze it and give them some helpful ideas about how to improve it.

Nevertheless, if we put some extreme maps aside, it looks like "sight-reading" is mostly pure Approach Rate (AR).

Exampe: take a look at this easy map:

Hashimoto Yukari - Lost my pieces [Cry] 1.67*

With +DT,HR it's 2.35* | AR 10.87 map.

I just made a weak pass on it, with about 2/3 combo (136/200) and 88.46% accuracy:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8071092

This gave me 652 points to Sight-reading (Reaction) skill.

It's much more than Cookiezi's almost 8 stars Hidden FC on Wagakki Band - Tengaku (and only NoMod+ FC as for now), because who needs ability to sightread and react fast on dynamic and gimmick maps like Tengaku.
Everyone knows that, only because AR is slightly higher, single-tapping very low BPM 2* maps with objects very close to each other requires much better reaction and sight-reading than big and fast, complex ~8* back-and-forth jumps. Right?

EDIT:

Sorry for being cynical, I don't mean to make fun out of someone or anything, but it was already being brought more than few times and I really think that you should explain better what certain things do.

Laconic information like "Streaming", "Sight-reading" etc. are really ambiguous and open on interpretations. There's also almost nothing in FAQ, so people don't understand how this works, what the skills do, why their recent play doesn't give them anything etc. Some people will come here to ask you, but you always give an impression that you don't really want to tell anything about how skills works, as if it was to be something very Top Secret.

An example about what I mean by confusing:
What do you do, if you play without music? Yes, many people would tell that you are "sightreading". It can be even more challenging on lower AR maps or even more on extremely gimmick ones, like AR0 Spelunker.
Some people will say that it's "reading", but "reading" could be divided into few different sub-factions that are also mutual synergies to each other.
Sight-reading could be say to base much on reaction, but its not just reaction. It's can also be heavily dependent on ability to process visual information and interpret it without the need to depend on the music.

However, you don't need to play without music to sightread. What happens, when you play the song that you never played before, which often changes in unpredicted manner? If you know, how to sight-read, you will be able to adopt to this and click correctly, basing on visual information, then eventually understand how it was fitting to music afterwards, without knowing it beforehand.

Also, there are many old maps, where timing, BPM and other things, like notes placements, are inaccurate or just "bad", so people have to "sightread", basing on what they see and their ability to predict when to click, in order to play things right. These both skills are parts of more general reading, and even if "Reaction" is a big part of "Sight-reading", it's not everything: it's not just how fast you react, but also how accurately you do this.

So, I think it's really confusing to call Reaction a Sight-Reading

- - - - -

EDIT 2:

- - - - -

Why don't you just call Reaction a Reaction? Also, how exactly you understand it, to make AR such major factor that overwhelms everything else? We could say that this depends on some other things too, like SPEED of reaction, which could be included to some point too.
Looking at "Agility", someone could think about it including some speed related skills, but what you see is: "Raw Aim" - what does it exactly mean? It also can make you think that it's just raw ability to aim, like aiming in correct direction, certain area, which doesn't necessarily have to be associated with the cursor's velocity, while stopping exactly when you need without area you aim for, could be called a precision. The speed of how fast you do this could be treated as a part of reaction.

So, there are many possible interpretations and people don't know that you mean by this and "why", especially as looking at the history of this thread, you seem to don't really try too much to explain this and clarify what exactly you want to achieve and how exactly you perceive these.

Sorry, if there are some mistakes or hard to understand thoughts in this wall of text, it's 2:30 a.m. and I am barely alive. I will try to read this tomorrow again :)
Ohrami
wut? why are you apologizing for making fun of these guys, their program is useless and pp+ is clearly just better in all ways
show more