forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Scarlet Evans
I think I've got it, thanks! :)
But how do you judge at which moment of fading in player notices the circle? People can actually perceive it a little faster, going for 100% of visibility can be not fully fair.

edit: I didn't noticed that what an online dictionary showed me in summary was definition of just fading, but under the name of fading-in, not fading-in, my bad ;_;
unko
just wondering, now that Hatsune Miku - Kouon Chu Oniki Test is loved-- once adding maps of the category to osu!skills would the 0108 diff be worth tons of stamina due to having an infinity (or 2,949,075? not sure if it's 1/65535 or 1/∞) BPM quad in it? or is it not long enough to count
abraker

unko wrote:

just wondering, now that Hatsune Miku - Kouon Chu Oniki Test is loved-- once adding maps of the category to osu!skills would the 0108 diff be worth tons of stamina due to having an infinity (or 2,949,075? not sure if it's 1/65535 or 1/∞) BPM quad in it? or is it not long enough to count
I have ran that map through the algorithm, and it's fine.
unko

abraker wrote:

unko wrote:

I have ran that map through the algorithm, and it's fine.
omg do isogu 290bpm
Dawns
Can you also make a nifty tool so people can run unranked maps through the aalgorithms
abraker

Dawnsday wrote:

Can you also make a nifty tool so people can run unranked maps through the aalgorithms
Such tool already does exist, and it's what we use in the back end. It's up to Kert if he wants to release it though.
unko
pretty please release it kert chan
Lay
Right,
So I haven't been on osu!skills in a while, and I wanted to check my user stats

I went onto the site and typed in "Karma", expecting to see my profile, I didn't I saw some Italian with the username KaRmA.
Odd.
So I try my old username I changed a few months ago which was "SparKticas"

TL;DR - If i try search my name Karma, I dont find me, I have to search my old username.

Does this mean that it's not updated?
abraker

Karma wrote:

TL;DR - If i try search my name Karma, I dont find me, I have to search my old username.

Does this mean that it's not updated?
I'll tell kert to update it
Chemistry
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6639910
so whilst this map was qualified i set the highest score ( the 88% one) and when it got ranked i decided to submit it to osuskills seeing as i'd thought it would count, it didn't. i then make a few other scores (as seen in the screenshot), submitting all of them. none have yet to submit? what's going on
abraker

Chemistry wrote:

so whilst this map was qualified i set the highest score ( the 88% one) and when it got ranked i decided to submit it to osuskills seeing as i'd thought it would count, it didn't. i then make a few other scores (as seen in the screenshot), submitting all of them. none have yet to submit? what's going on
Have you tried manually adding them?
Chemistry

abraker wrote:

Chemistry wrote:

yes
unko
um, this map with DT is ridiculously overweighted for stamina, so much so that i can only put it to some sort of error/mischief in calculation

it's ranking with 300bpm deathstream maps (804 points for 4xmiss), yet it's only 234... is it perhaps the doubles?
abraker

Chemistry wrote:

abraker wrote:

yes
Did you use ctrl+F to search? This is on your agility:

unko wrote:

um, this map with DT is ridiculously overweighted for stamina, so much so that i can only put it to some sort of error/mischief in calculation

it's ranking with 300bpm deathstream maps (804 points for 4xmiss), yet it's only 234... is it perhaps the doubles?
So you are saying the value should be lower?
unko

abraker wrote:

unko wrote:

So you are saying the value should be lower?
very, it's valued higher than reunion (15 second 276bpm stream section, 802 points for 0xmiss), fascination maxx (long 300bpm stream section, 846 for 1xmiss), and about the same as gekishou (65 note 300bpm stream, 897 for 0xmiss)

native faith's deathstream is about 40 notes longer and 25bpm higher, yet it's worth over 100 points less for an fc if i'm right
B1rd
Yeah, but they don't have 1/4 stream jumps. I'm not sure how that factors in though.
Chemistry
it updated cause i got a better score on it, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6655821
my stamina hasn't gone up since though, 542 before (this score is 600 stamina) still 542
Kao

-Jukke- wrote:

there is definitely something wrong with the memory stat

in my room FL is WAY harder than any of those and took me way more retries than all the others combined
I think it's because the circles weren't hidden enough by the darkness
(Sight reading)
Even if it was ar11 with 800bpm a stream with fl doesn't count much as long you can sight read
Scarlet Evans
I found out about many useful things and some game mechanics perks here, so forgive me that I will ask one more thing that keeps me wonder =-) [I am HD player, just in case this matters]

Playing very high AR, I find it much easier to hit the sliders. I don't really mean slider's leniency, which don't really punish you for bad acc on score v1, but I have an impression that they are literally kind of easier to react to.
Is this just an impression or there is something behind this, like a slightly more time to react for sliders?
Or maybe I just perceive them easier because they are bigger and more visible, while there's nothing what technically makes them easier?
It really makes me curious :P
abraker

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Is this just an impression or there is something behind this, like a slightly more time to react for sliders?
I noticed this too, but have not really looked much into it. I will see what that is about when I get a chance to.
Jeremii
Do you plan on releasing a public API for osu!skills ?
abraker

abraker wrote:

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I noticed this too, but have not really looked much into it. I will see what that is about when I get a chance to.
I have not found any fade in variation between hitcircles and sliders, so the only thing left is to suspect that we better react to moving objects. Having snaking sliders enabled will do this.
Lick
Would be nice if i could submit a score that wasn't my best on a map...
Scarlet Evans

Lick wrote:

Would be nice if i could submit a score that wasn't my best on a map...
You can :) You need to use "Manual score input" on your profile page, it's located on player's profile, little below the scores:
http://puu.sh/sOkx9/2f1a3d4f3a.png

Now, you need to write in ID of map or link of it. For example, for

Renard - Love Song [insane]

you will need to paste / write either " https://osu.ppy.sh/b/211776 " or just "211776".
The number after /b/ in link is beatmap ID. Don't mistake it with ID or link to mapset, which in this case is https://osu.ppy.sh/s/74617

Also, make sure that you enter correct ID. It happened to me few times that I entered ID of the wrong difficulty. In this case, you just need to enter it again, but this time a correct one^^.

Personally, I am addicted to this button. I don't know, if it's supposed to refresh only from time to time or just once upon visiting your profile, then the next refresh is after X time, but when I play something and I did good, then even if it's within top #1000 on map or top #100 in my scores, I want to see how it affects my profile quickly.
So, I refresh it few times and upon not seeing any change, I just add a play manually. Sometimes I do this quite many times a day :D
abraker

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I don't know, if it's supposed to refresh only from time to time or just once upon visiting your profile, then the next refresh is after X time,
AFAIK it's a queue. So as soon as its turn comes in the list of requests, it updates.
Xyrus_old_1

abraker wrote:

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I don't know, if it's supposed to refresh only from time to time or just once upon visiting your profile, then the next refresh is after X time,
AFAIK it's a queue. So as soon as its turn comes in the list of requests, it updates.
Sometimes it just randomly updates old scores too...

Gudafild

How does this work?
Toy
How's that reading skill coming?
abraker

[Toy] wrote:

How's that reading skill coming?
I wish I can say it's close to done or at least an estimation to when it might be. All I can say is what I am currently doing, and that is an algorithm for circle and slider overlap calculation.
Topic Starter
Kert

Gudafild wrote:

How does this work?
You should get more scores
Scarlet Evans

Gudafild wrote:

How does this work?
It's weighted mean, where the weights are:
0.95^2,
0.95^3,
0.95^{N-1},
for N being number of your scores and 0.95^x is exponentiation.

Theoretically it works like this: all score values are sorted (descending from the highest one to the lowest one), then they are multiplied by their weights and divided by the sum of weights. We are assuming here that aside of your achieved scores, you also have infinitely many scores that are equal to 0.
In this case, sum of weights is 20, so we can simply say that N-th score is takes as: (value*0.95^{N-1})/20.
You sum up these for all your scores and you have your total skill (✿◠‿◠)

For a little insight about how the first scores impact the total value, check this, it can be useful:
p/5306937

Edit: In your case, you have just a few of the highest scores, which are not enough to overweight the rest. The first top six scores, even though they are much higher than the rest, have a total sum of weights ~26.5%, and give you a total of about ~185.42 Agility, so the total score depends mostly on the lower ones. We can say that not having enough of such high Agility scores drags you down a little.
If all your lower scores were higher, for example like this 601 one, your Agility would be much higher and equal to about 627.
Einzvern
sad, for standard players only ;w;
Kaitsu
It's such a nice idea. It's not that useful as you've meant to be but is fun and interesting! Nice!
My Angel Raphi
This is really cool and convenient. I like the titles you can get according to your skills, its very creative. I've ended up playing certain maps and focusing on certain factors just so I can get the 'sniper' title lol.
Topic Starter
Kert
Update!

You can now see player titles on ranking pages
Added links to osu! profiles
Latest 50 scores you made are also tracked now
Added flags everywhere on ranking pages
Don't forget to refresh you browser cache to see changes
unko

huh
abraker

unko wrote:

huh
Found out about that just yesterday. Yup, fun stuff...
blahpy
Are there any plans to remove banned players?
SlowLogicBoy
Any plans to implement charts on how I improved or degraded over time?

https://google-developers.appspot.com/c ... /linechart
unko

abraker wrote:

unko wrote:

huh
Found out about that just yesterday. Yup, fun stuff...
what caused it to throw this one? i didn't see weird sliders like in the aspire map
show more