1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Development

show more
posted

Shiro wrote:

Can you add a way to search scores by value ? I'm looking to improve my aim and it would be great if I could find all maps that give say between 550 and 650 aim score
If I'm right, this was written somewhere as the goal of osu!Skills, to be able to show people how much a map would award for each skill... but some months ago I was confused (I still am) because I just couldn't find it written anywhere again... Is my mind just tricking me, or any of you developers really wrote it somewhere?
posted
Also, the IAHN map is broken on osu!skills, and you all probably know that. It wouldn't normally become ranked due to the way it was mapped, but it did reach ranked due to that mapping contest. What about disabling it on osu!Skills, at least for reaction and agility, so ranking would be more... fair?
posted
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/108296

This map is not supported, it don't exist when I want to add it and the ID is consider invalid

Please fix this.Thanks
posted

snyviper wrote:

Also, the IAHN map is broken on osu!skills, and you all probably know that. It wouldn't normally become ranked due to the way it was mapped, but it did reach ranked due to that mapping contest. What about disabling it on osu!Skills, at least for reaction and agility, so ranking would be more... fair?
they're not going to remove it, they're adding loved maps in the future which would break agility / reaction even moreso due to the amount of 2B maps already in the category

not to mention the literally-only-aim-maps that are in it as well LUL
posted

fieryrage wrote:

they're not going to remove it, they're adding loved maps in the future which would break agility / reaction even moreso due to the amount of 2B maps already in the category
Theoretically you can't break something that is already found broken :P

I have submitted a fix for the reaction skill, which should put it more closer to the other skills.

TheLordKiwi wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/108296

This map is not supported, it don't exist when I want to add it and the ID is consider invalid

Please fix this.Thanks
Use the /b ID not the /s one. I manually submitted it for you:

posted
Is there a reason why aim values are not affected by CS?
posted

abraker wrote:

Use the /b ID not the /s one. I manually submitted it for you:

Ok, thanks :)
posted

Icyteru wrote:

Is there a reason why aim values are not affected by CS?
cs factors into precision, not agility
posted

fieryrage wrote:

snyviper wrote:

Also, the IAHN map is broken on osu!skills, and you all probably know that. It wouldn't normally become ranked due to the way it was mapped, but it did reach ranked due to that mapping contest. What about disabling it on osu!Skills, at least for reaction and agility, so ranking would be more... fair?
they're not going to remove it, they're adding loved maps in the future which would break agility / reaction even moreso due to the amount of 2B maps already in the category
I mean, as a temporary fix... When they add the loved beatmaps (if they do add them), they would have probably reworked agility and reaction, so they can activate the IAHN map again with no issues.
posted

snyviper wrote:

I mean, as a temporary fix... When they add the loved beatmaps (if they do add them), they would have probably reworked agility and reaction, so they can activate the IAHN map again with no issues.
i hope so but i mentioned this issue as soon as aspire was ranked with it giving too much agility/reaction

and besides, that's not the reason i'm saying loved maps will break agility, cuz 90% of them are aim maps
posted
Precision is broken though - it pretty much only takes into account CS. It makes no sense for airman HR to give the same aim as airman nomod, and airman HR to give the same precision as some random TV size with HR.
posted
Why is HD highly underweighted, when it goes to Reaction?

Comparing mine and other people FCs' I noticed that the same AR10.87 scores what are worth about 884 reaction points with HR,DT, are worth only 816 reaction points with HD,HR,DT.

The same with playing AR11: the very top people in Reaction ranking have +HR,DT plays and avoid HD on purpose, to farm more points.

Could someone explain why playing without Hidden requires much more reaction than while playing with HD?
posted

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Could someone explain why playing without Hidden requires much more reaction than while playing with HD?
In HD the note fades in much faster than no mod, so you see it sooner. Same with mods. This makes HRDT harder to react to than HDHRDT

With HD enabled, objects are fully faded in after 40% of the AR window (so on ar10 with 450ms, it's faded in after 180ms). Without HD enabled, fade-in time is a static 400ms.
posted
But in both cases approach time, the real time you have to react, is 450 ms, right? Isn't taking fading into account by player more like memorisation and predicting when you should click the circle, while the time you have to react is the same? Or I don't understand the subject properly? I mean, even if it fades faster, it appears in the same time, so you have the same time to react, right?
posted

Scarlet Evans wrote:

But in both cases approach time, the real time you have to react, is 450 ms, right? Isn't taking fading into account by player more like memorisation and predicting when you should click the circle, while the time you have to react is the same? Or I don't understand the subject properly? I mean, even if it fades faster, it appears in the same time, so you have the same time to react, right?
Nope.

In the example provided:
so on ar10 with 450ms, it's faded in after 180ms
It's fully faded in at 180ms, leaving you with 270 ms reaction time requirement on HD assuming you suddenly see the object at 100%. Code uses somewhere between 40-60% iirc (am on mobile so will need to check, so will use 40% for this example). That means that the object is 40% faded in at 72ms giving us with a 378ms reaction time requirement. On no mod, the object is fully faded in at 450ms, meaning it's 40% faded in at 180ms, giving us a 270ms reaction time requirement.

40% fade-in @ NM: 270ms reaction time
40% fade-in @ HD: 378 ms reaction time

The sooner you see the circle the sooner you have to realize where it is located, the more time you have to react and move the cursor there. While both start fading in at the same time, HD fades in faster, allowing you to percieve the note sooner.
posted
Interesting.. I didn't know that... I always thought there was another reason for HDHR having rewarded less than HR...
posted
http://osuskills.tk/user/DavidStylez this guys' hacked scores need to be cleared or smth
posted

abraker wrote:

Scarlet Evans wrote:

But in both cases approach time, the real time you have to react, is 450 ms, right? Isn't taking fading into account by player more like memorisation and predicting when you should click the circle, while the time you have to react is the same? Or I don't understand the subject properly? I mean, even if it fades faster, it appears in the same time, so you have the same time to react, right?
Nope.

In the example provided:
so on ar10 with 450ms, it's faded in after 180ms
It's fully faded in at 180ms, leaving you with 270 ms reaction time requirement on HD assuming you suddenly see the object at 100%. Code uses somewhere between 40-60% iirc (am on mobile so will need to check, so will use 40% for this example). That means that the object is 40% faded in at 72ms giving us with a 378ms reaction time requirement. On no mod, the object is fully faded in at 450ms, meaning it's 40% faded in at 180ms, giving us a 270ms reaction time requirement.

40% fade-in @ NM: 270ms reaction time
40% fade-in @ HD: 378 ms reaction time

The sooner you see the circle the sooner you have to realize where it is located, the more time you have to react and move the cursor there. While both start fading in at the same time, HD fades in faster, allowing you to percieve the note sooner.
What do you mean by NoMod circles fading away? I never noticed anything like that :O

I just tried to compare some AR0 + HT plays, using CE's [5] frame-by-frame speed key, with HD and without it and I fail to notice anything other than nomod circle disappearing... after it's clicked or missed, which doesn't affect reaction at all (because that happened in past).

For me, from what I see, the circle and approach circle both appear exactly at the same time on screen and the circle persists, until it's missed or clicked. Nothing fades away. At least on CuttingEdge.
Both on NoMod and HD circle appears not immediately, but a little faded, however it's really a tiny amount of time and I don't see a time difference in how long it takes for NoMod and Hidden circles to reach their normal state and stay on screen for these XXX milliseconds.

In other words, you start seeing HD and NoMod circle at the same time. The difference is that you see NoMod all the time, while HD starts to fade away, but it doesn't really affect your reaction. You already registered that there is a circle, both with HD and without it, within the exact time brackets. Now, with HD, it's more like a memory that "there is a circle here" from now on, rather than an actual change in the reaction time needed, because the Approach Time is not affected by HD in any way.

In other words, there's "an animation time" and the difference is that with HD it still happens and takes the same time, but it's just faded away and invisible for us. Nevertheless, it was no less or more visible for us for a certain extend of time and it appeared at the same moment at which NoMod circle would appear, so there's no really any difference in reaction time needed.

(1) Circle appears on screen, at the same time on HD and NM;
(2) Now, you perceive the circle and your time to react starts here;
(3) If it's Hidden, then circle starts to fade-in after some timespan;
(4) You reach the Perfect Click moment and your Reaction Time ends here. After that you can still get 300,100 or 50, but you clicked too late.

(5) Time you had to react is the one that lapses between (2) and (4), which isn't really affected by HD.

This is how I see this. But of course, I can be terribly wrong, as with anything I ever say :P

So, I'd really love you to explain more what is this NoMod fading-in that you say about :)
posted

Scarlet Evans wrote:

What do you mean by NoMod circles fading away? I never noticed anything like that :O

I just tried to compare some AR0 + HT plays, using CE's [5] frame-by-frame speed key, with HD and without it and I fail to notice anything other than nomod circle disappearing... after it's clicked or missed, which doesn't affect reaction at all (because that happened in past).

For me, from what I see, the circle and approach circle both appear exactly at the same time on screen and the circle persists, until it's missed or clicked. Nothing fades away. At least on CuttingEdge.
Both on NoMod and HD circle appears not immediately, but a little faded, however it's really a tiny amount of time and I don't see a time difference in how long it takes for NoMod and Hidden circles to reach their normal state and stay on screen for these XXX milliseconds.

In other words, you start seeing HD and NoMod circle at the same time. The difference is that you see NoMod all the time, while HD starts to fade away, but it doesn't really affect your reaction. You already registered that there is a circle, both with HD and without it, within the exact time brackets. Now, with HD, it's more like a memory that "there is a circle here" from now on, rather than an actual change in the reaction time needed, because the Approach Time is not affected by HD in any way.

In other words, there's "an animation time" and the difference is that with HD it still happens and takes the same time, but it's just faded away and invisible for us. Nevertheless, it was no less or more visible for us for a certain extend of time and it appeared at the same moment at which NoMod circle would appear, so there's no really any difference in reaction time needed.

(1) Circle appears on screen, at the same time on HD and NM;
(2) Now, you perceive the circle and your time to react starts here;
(3) If it's Hidden, then circle starts to fade-in after some timespan;
(4) You reach the Perfect Click moment and your Reaction Time ends here. After that you can still get 300,100 or 50, but you clicked too late.

(5) Time you had to react is the one that lapses between (2) and (4), which isn't really affected by HD.

This is how I see this. But of course, I can be terribly wrong, as with anything I ever say :P

So, I'd really love you to explain more what is this NoMod fading-in that you say about :)
Fade-in: The circle first appears transparent, then it's opacity gradually increases over time.
Fade-out: The circle, after some time, starts losing opacity over time. This only happens with HD.

Comparing a recording of the game screen at 120fps, on the same map (Cheatreal, AR10+DT), both HD and no-mod appear at the same time with the same opacity (barely visible), but the speed it gains opacity during the fade-in with HD is higher than no-mod.
posted
I think I've got it, thanks! :)
But how do you judge at which moment of fading in player notices the circle? People can actually perceive it a little faster, going for 100% of visibility can be not fully fair.

edit: I didn't noticed that what an online dictionary showed me in summary was definition of just fading, but under the name of fading-in, not fading-in, my bad ;_;
show more
Please sign in to reply.