forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Scarlet Evans

Minamoto-kun wrote:

not all map and scores submitted. i am fc 10 map only for osu!skills(yes,stell to friend's score) and submitted only 4. i am do not know why. check pls
Sometimes there is a delay, I think that I mostly had them, while improving a score, but if your score safely landed into top #1000 on map or is one of your the top PP scores, then sooner or later it should be added. :)

I don't know how exactly it works (how the osu!skills gets non-top score), but it looks like you can also add manually other scores, even the ones being far away from being top at anything. I like to often add different the scores manually. It's not much of work, but it can often actually give a much better view on your skills and their state. Also, it's quite fun to watch how your skill rating rises after ;) yeah...I'm a dirty skill farmer xD
fieryrage
ok so can you like explain why precision is the most broken thing known to mankind
Scarlet Evans
I wonder how much the general difficulty of the map and BPM / notes density and other stuff actually matter, when if goes to Precision. Indeed, CS seems to often prevail, but even within the same CS, some "strange" things are happening. Let's take a look at few WubWoofWolf's Precision scores:
http://puu.sh/qRrvl/3bf3e09132.png

YUI - CHE.R.RY [GUM] song is 5.2 stars with mods and have the same CS (CS6+HR=CS7.8) like AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (Kharl) [Pasonia's Insane], which is 7.67 stars. WubWoofWolf even played the second one better, but it still gives less Precision that YUI's song. Any idea why?
The same with all WWW's Precision scores higher than Sakura! They all are CS6 and they are something that players could consider "easier", but then still grant more points. (+HR everywhere ofc., which makes these all scores I am talking about be CS7.8)

What exactly makes these scores be worth much more than 7.67* "not so easy" Sakura Kagetsu?
O-Moei
Hi !. I guess I have a bad experience to share here due osu!skills calculating

Me is slightly a Flashlight user. I have once FC an Insane diff map using only FL. It only gave me 282 Memory Point. I was disatisfied with it, then I added Hidden to increase its point. After around 63× retrying playing HDFL, I did it !!! I did SS HDFL OMFG me so happy xD . But when I checked the osu!skills again, ...osu!skills didn't count it. It still giving the point of FL only memory point. Oh, how sad I am :( what happen ?. I can tell it will give me around 541 point tho

That's all my story. It just kinda sad to know youve done a greater performance but osu!skills didnt count it x'D
Topic Starter
Kert

O-Moei wrote:

Hi !. I guess I have a bad experience to share here due osu!skills calculating

Me is slightly a Flashlight user. I have once FC an Insane diff map using only FL. It only gave me 282 Memory Point. I was disatisfied with it, then I added Hidden to increase its point. After around 63× retrying playing HDFL, I did it !!! I did SS HDFL OMFG me so happy xD . But when I checked the osu!skills again, ...osu!skills didn't count it. It still giving the point of FL only memory point. Oh, how sad I am :( what happen ?. I can tell it will give me around 541 point tho

That's all my story. It just kinda sad to know youve done a greater performance but osu!skills didnt count it x'D
Hi
Try manual submit feature when your scores are lost
Rilene
So, how is the progress on reading skill?
The reaction skill seems nice though.
Woey
I can't manually input a score, it always ends up with me saying it's an invalid map ID. Am I doing something wrong?
Scarlet Evans

Woey wrote:

I can't manually input a score, it always ends up with me saying it's an invalid map ID. Am I doing something wrong?
Does it happen every time you try?
Also, make sure that the link you get ID from doesn't point to mapset, but to map, for example:
Wrong --> https://osu.ppy.sh/s/306164
Correct --> https://osu.ppy.sh/b/685380&m=0

If the link have /s/ instead of /b/ , then click on a difficulty to get the desired ID.
Woey

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Woey wrote:

Also, make sure that the link you get ID from doesn't point to mapset, but to map, for example:

If the link have /s/ instead of /b/ , then click on a difficulty to get the desired ID.
Yes, I entered this link https://osu.ppy.sh/b/77606?m=0 and it gives me the same error.
unko
i managed to add it on yours by just entering 77606
snyviper
It seems a lot of people are having the same issue with adding manually...
I suggest adding a better explanation on FAQ about it.

The ID of a map is just the numbers combination on the link btw.

Example: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/814293?m=0
The ID is 814293
Scarlet Evans
Another solution and kind of safety net, as there will be people making this mistake anyway, would be to make the page trying to recognize, if the link points to a beatmap (regular expressions), then extract ID from a link, if someone was to enter it instead of ID.

Regardless of ID being correct or not, it could give an informational warning after submitting the score, telling an user something like "you should enter beatmap's ID instead of beatmap link". Simply making it accepting beatmap link and completely dropping the warning concept could be good solution too, maybe even a better one.
Kao

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Woey wrote:

Yes, I entered this link https://osu.ppy.sh/b/77606?m=0 and it gives me the same error.

Kao wrote:

Correct
685380&m=0
77606?m=0
snyviper
I think Scarlet Evans meant only the Bold part, but for some reason it's hard for some people to understand the ID is the numbers only, so.... yeah, either add it to FAQ or change the "manual score input" option to accept both "numbers only" and "whole link".
Chemistry
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1033882
glitched map, gives 1600 reaction points which should be theoretically impossible
abraker

Chemistry wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1033882
glitched map, gives 1600 reaction points which should be theoretically impossible
Yes I know that. I totally didn't take account cases where you can stay in one spot while the SV is lightspeed fast.
Topic Starter
Kert
You can now also copy links to maps when manually submitting scores

This really should have been done loooong ago
snyviper
Talking about IAHN... I think you should ask for help to experienced mappers like Monstrata when working on the reading skill. Monstrata specially is well known due to his free pp maps, so he should know a lot about angles, distance, and such things
abraker

snyviper wrote:

Talking about IAHN... I think you should ask for help to experienced mappers like Monstrata when working on the reading skill. Monstrata specially is well known due to his free pp maps, so he should know a lot about angles, distance, and such things
By all means, Monstrata is welcome to comment whatever may help us make the reading skill in the reading thread: t/331848
snyviper
New graph about the skills.

The Mean line is more straight.
The Excel table is easier to read.
The skill values are updated to current date.
Edit: Updates pics, due to memory "0" score being too close to rank #16290 (rank #16860). Adjusted rank #24350 to be more reliable to the actual skills.

Shiro
Does it take all scores into account, or only top 100/top ranks ?
Chemistry

Shiro wrote:

all scores, if one of your plays doesnt submit to it you can manually insert it
Izzz
memory scores seems a bit wonky, got a flashlight fc on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/537903 and it says it was recorded but nothing is shown in memory even though my lowest score there is 49.
abraker

Joezapy wrote:

memory scores seems a bit wonky, got a flashlight fc on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/537903 and it says it was recorded but nothing is shown in memory even though my lowest score there is 49.
That's because you dont really need memory to do this with flashlight. None of the circles or approach circles appear outside the dark area. Now whether those are feasible to react to or not is what makes this a bit wonky.
Topic Starter
Kert
Happy birthday, osu!Skills!

It's been a productive year.
While the development is kind of slow right now we've managed to implement quite a lot of suggested features.
We will continue working on the site to keep you happy :)
Thanks everyone for your support!

bulli
Yay!
Happy birthday, osuskills! c:

Would you mind sharing how the calculation of the total value works? I mean, if my agility was, for example, 500,
and how is this calculated out of my agility scores?

One thing in ppv2 seems pretty good to me and this thing is that the best score is weighted more than the 2nd and so on.
It seems to me that a few, for example, 600 agility scores are worth more than one 900 agilty score,
so it pays off more to farm than to make really hard scores.

Btw. I really like the osuskills system and I am very thankful for the effort of everyone who is involved. Keep the work!
abraker

bulli wrote:

Would you mind sharing how the calculation of the total value works? I mean, if my agility was, for example, 500,
and how is this calculated out of my agility scores?
The process and effect is described here. It almost works like pp, only multiplied 0.05 to make sure one or a couple high score like 1000 doesn't result in a skill that is or more than 1000.
bulli
Thanks!
Chemistry
ETA on when the "Reading" Skill will be implemented? I'm really excited to see it when it comes out.
abraker

Chemistry wrote:

ETA on when the "Reading" Skill will be implemented? I'm really excited to see it when it comes out.
I hope soon. I am tired of waiting for it to be implemented too :)
Chemistry
will loved maps count on osuskills?
Topic Starter
Kert
Sounds like a good idea.
A bit complicated to keep the maps / scores from loved maps up to date though.
Scarlet Evans
Whenever I use "Versus", I usually do it to compare someone with the player, whose profile I am just watching. It's usually versus myself or versus someone else.
What do you think about adding an option to use "Versus" with inclusion of the player, whose profile we are watching at the moment?
I think that many players decide to suddenly compare a player with someone else (or themselves) at the moment they see that player's profile.

There could be something like a dropdown menu, similar to the one that "Rankings" have. Just clicking on "Versus" will lead to the normal comparison that we currently have, which requires both names to be filled in, but we could also choose an option from the dropdown menu, which could be like:

"Current_player versus...",
"Me versus...".
"Current_player versus Me"
(or just something like "Compare with me!")

The last one will immediately lead us to comparison, while the other two will have one of the player's username automatically filled in.

What do you think about this? :)
I think that it could be a good "quality of life" improvement. Instead of tediously writing / copy+pasting both usernames every single time you want to compare someone, or compare yourself to someone, you could just do it with one click!
Or at least you would need to write only the second player, sparing yourself much of time ;)

edit: a small grammar and typos correction >///<
Domp
Is it possible to see the individual skill rating of each one of the skills for a specific score?
Scarlet Evans

Domplol wrote:

Is it possible to see the individual skill rating of each one of the skills for a specific score?
That would be a really nice thing to have! =)
This could help in understanding better at which point you currently are. Instead of checking in which categories just passed song appeared, you could check all it's scores at once (or at least you could, if at least one of the skills was to made it into your top scores^^).

This could help players to analyse their scores better and easier, and after just playing the song as a whole it would be really interesting to look at it "as a whole, but fragmented" into different skills :3

It could be nice to see the whole picture, not just seeing things like: this song I just played became one of my top stamina, but no idea why it didn't made into my top 100 tenacity scores and no idea what other skill ratings it have.

I had similar situation like described above like yesterday or day before that. I was really pondering about what "streaming" is, when my almost FC (-4 combo = -2 on sliderends and miss before ending spinner) on map with many 173 BPM short bursts gave me less Tenacity than FC on 132 BPM map (88 BPM without DT) with like... 3 triplets and the rest being slow BPM single tapping^^.

If we could see all the stats for a played songs, then maybe it would be easier for players to understand better both the system and their skills. If you don't really understand something, it can sometimes be really confusing.
Kao
The +1 Indicators disappear after refreshing. The only one shown is the score you had before in your browser cache / before you refresh.
It would be better if these indicators would stay over a short amount of time, say 24 hours or so, as I would like to see how much my skills have been added in a time, not just per map I play and refresh.

If confused, here are screenshots
SPOILER

After refreshing, the +1 Indicators disappeared.
Topic Starter
Kert
2Scarlet Evans, Domplol Good suggestions!

2Kao
Honestly I haven't managed to find a compromise solution for that without storing previous points for a certain period of time. Only one previous set of points is stored now and is rewritten with new ones after a refresh (client-side)
Scarlet Evans

Chemistry wrote:

Shiro wrote:

all scores, if one of your plays doesnt submit to it you can manually insert it
If I remember correctly, in past you needed the score to get either to top #1000 on a map, which makes the score to appear on event feed, or make the score enter your top scores. Did it changed recently? Can it actually automatically access all our plays now? Or maybe there are also some other ways the page gets scores (without manual input), like checking our recent plays, etc.?
Topic Starter
Kert

Scarlet Evans wrote:

If I remember correctly, in past you needed the score to get either to top #1000 on a map, which makes the score to appear on event feed, or make the score enter your top scores.Did it changed recently? Can it actually automatically access all our plays now? Or maybe there are also some other ways the page gets scores (without manual input), like checking our recent plays, etc.?
Nope, nothing changed.
Checking recent plays is not implemented currently. I don't know any more ways to get scores
Dungeonfire
Maybe add a dark mode switch?

Would look like this:

(CSS)
show more