forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Endaris
Uh, is it possible that accuracy is heavily affected by misses since tenacity is affected by misses? (As far as I understood maps with high Tenacity rating grant more acc-points)
My new Little Princess score has 54 acc points over the old one in spite of having "only" 0.73% accuracy more (but being FC) which seems to be fairly unreasonable.
Yuudachi-kun
Tenacity isn't worth anything to be compared to because atm all high tenacity maps can be low acc fast maps that belong in stamina
TheLukay

Khelly wrote:

Tenacity isn't worth anything to be compared to because atm all high tenacity maps can be low acc fast maps that belong in stamina
I don't get what tenacity is for. I have good stamina but my acc in long streams is all over the place and yet my tenacity is higher than my stamina(513 vs 538)
The Emperor
i think Reaction is broken, all my highest reaction plays is the once i have memories entirely. its literly the only plays that i havent done in reaction... its 1min 2-3* ar11 maps.. i normaly do everything in one or 3 plays most of my pp plays to.. and the only plays i have that isn't sightread at all is the once at the top of Reaction.
http://osuskills.tk/user/Leggo/skill/reaction
abraker

Leggo wrote:

It's not broken, it's juat other skills don't make it as hard to do.
Frost

Endaris wrote:

Did you try searching for the name you originally registered with?
sorry for the late response, yea, i did. didn't find a user with that name.
Topic Starter
Kert
Update

Gained combo will now influence all skills except Stamina, Tenacity and Accuracy
Recalculation is in process
snyviper
AR 11 is impossible for me, it doesn't matter how long the song is, and how many stars either. Everyone who can achieve FCing an AR 11 map or even passing it without NF deserves a great reaction points imo o.o AR 11 doesn't work like FL for me, I tried, I couldn't pass 5 seconds of the map... Maybe I'm just noob xD
Kao
Guess it reset because of recalculation
Did the database reset?

http://osuskills.tk/user/Kao
Below 100 in all categories in my country...
So happy :D
Inb4 I go down when database gets updated
Endaris
Lmao, Berserk again.
Yuudachi-kun

snyviper wrote:

AR 11 is impossible for me, it doesn't matter how long the song is, and how many stars either. Everyone who can achieve FCing an AR 11 map or even passing it without NF deserves a great reaction points imo o.o AR 11 doesn't work like FL for me, I tried, I couldn't pass 5 seconds of the map... Maybe I'm just noob xD

I fc'd a 20 second ar11 map.

It's the unforgiving marathon's shortest map

HOLY SHIT I JUAT GOT 954 FROM IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWUvXgqrkRw
abraker

Khelly wrote:

I fc'd a 20 second ar11 map.

It's the unforgiving marathon's shortest map
As things are right now, you can theoretically FC a 5 note AR11 map and get around an 800 score or so. When making the algorithm, AR was made the big influence. If I take account length, some AR11 maps would be below certain AR8 maps or similiar. Yes, the map is short and therefore easier to FC, but the reaction needed to FC the map still remains the same as a same star marathon AR11 map.
Drezi
With given reaction skill you have X% chance to make each jump at AR11. If the map is short enough you'll likely get the FC if your skill is somewhat adequate. If you increase the length however, your chance starts converging to zero, unless you have good enough reaction to make those jumps consistently and thus still stand a realistic chance.

This applies to aim in general btw. Someone doing difficult jumps with 99% consistency is not the same as someone retrying a short map and nailing 5-10 jumps of the same difficulty with skill only enough for 80-90% chance at each peak difficulty jump.
unko
cool osuskills is cute again
StephOsu
To be fair a system that only brings the top score in calculation can't really measure consistency
And there's not a whole lot we can do about that unless we can utilise smart as ai that count in all the plays (including retries to a certain degree)
timemon

StephOsu wrote:

To be fair a system that only brings the top score in calculation can't really measure consistency
And there's not a whole lot we can do about that unless we can utilise smart as that count in all the plays (including retries to a certain degree)
if the player is consistent, they can get similar performance on a lot of different maps.
StephOsu

timemon wrote:

if the player is consistent, they can get similar performance on a lot of different maps.
Name me 10 5-digit-rank player that is consistent
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

timemon wrote:

I am one.
consistently missing
Multtari

timemon wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

And there's not a whole lot we can do about that unless we can utilise smart as that count in all the plays (including retries to a certain degree)
Map length plays huge part in player's consistency too. Agility, tenacity and stamina seems to favor only hardest part of the map *stares at Brand New World and Natsukoi Hanabi*
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

I am one.
consistently missing
N i c e m e m e

Militari wrote:

Map length plays huge part in player's consistency too. Agility, tenacity and stamina seems to favor only hardest part of the map *stares at Brand New World and Natsukoi Hanabi*
there's not a whole lot we can do about that when only top scores is registered
it can only measure our peak performance instead of average performance
Drezi
you don't even have to call this consistency, being able to do numerous hard jumps is simply more raw skill than only getting a few hard jumps right because you can easily retry to make up for not being quite good enough. you can look at two different FCs and tell this difference, this can be measured on each map, it's only a matter of weighting between longer vs short difficulty peaks.
TheLukay
First time having volcanic

I'm not even mad

unko
Yay you have the same titles as me
StephOsu

Kert wrote:

Update

Gained combo will now influence all skills except Stamina, Tenacity and Accuracy
Recalculation is in process
expected slightly change after this but my score went through no changes
not sure if it's bug or all the non-FCs are not worth mentioning

never mind changes just didn't show up
E m i

StephOsu wrote:

timemon wrote:

I don't think it's physically possible to get further away from addressing someone's argument than this, especially considering that your previous post actually had a point
TheLukay

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Yay you have the same titles as me
You don't have my unearthly accuracy :D

Some day my acc will be even lower than my Memory stat haha
Scarlet Evans

StephOsu wrote:

there's not a whole lot we can do about that when only top scores is registered
it can only measure our peak performance instead of average performance
There can me many different ways to define "average performance", but I think that weighted mean is a very good solution. With some other options, harmful things could happen, like a vast amount of weak scores dominating the better scores and bringing the total performance down; or things like making "farming" performance too easy; or something else.

Your best plays kind of indicate what you are capable of doing and the scores that are not added automatically, but you acknowledge as very good, can be added manually now <3
But you are right about the first line, indeed, it can be tedious to manually upload all the best chokes >,.<

Let's do some math :D When the points for a certain skill are calculated with a weighted mean, where the weights are 0.95^(n-1), then for all scores being equal, we have:

# first 14 scores include more than 51% points (weights),
# first 32 scores include roughly 66% points,
# first 32 scores include more than 80% points,
# first 45 scores include more than 90% points,

# first 59 scores include more than 95% points,
# first 76 scores include roughly 98% points,
# first 90 scores include more than 99% points.

calculated using (1-q^n)/(1-q), where q =0.95

What I mean is, that even if we include only our peak plays, having enough of them makes the rest almost negligible. It can don't look like that, if we rely on intuition instead of numbers, but you need quite many of these best scores to dominate the rest, so I think it's kind of a good way to represent an average performance.

It can be easily changed to give the lower scores a greater weight, but I don't think it would be a good solution. Players keep improving, so the best performance is rising and it would be too tedious to farm enough of maps to represent your skill :P

If it's not what you meant, feel free to correct me^^.
KatoMegumii
Good luck, i'll be waiting for the future plan
StephOsu

Scarlet Evans wrote:

There can be many different ways to define "average performance", but I think that weighted mean is a very good solution. With some other options, harmful things could happen, like a vast amount of weak scores dominating the better scores and bringing the total performance down; or things like making "farming" performance too easy; or something else.

Your best plays kind of indicate what you are capable of doing and the scores that are not added automatically, but you acknowledge as very good, can be added manually now <3
But you are right about the first line, indeed, it can be tedious to manually upload all the best chokes >,.<

Let's do some math :D When the points for a certain skill are calculated with a weighted mean, where the weights are 0.95^(n-1), then for all scores being equal, we have:

# first 14 scores include more than 51% points (weights),
# first 32 scores include roughly 66% points,
# first 32 scores include more than 80% points,
# first 45 scores include more than 90% points,

# first 59 scores include more than 95% points,
# first 76 scores include roughly 98% points,
# first 90 scores include more than 99% points.

calculated using (1-q^n)/(1-q), where q =0.95

What I mean is, that even if we include only our peak plays, having enough of them makes the rest almost negligible. It can don't look like that, if we rely on intuition instead of numbers, but you need quite many of these best scores to dominate the rest, so I think it's kind of a good way to represent an average performance.

It can be easily changed to give the lower scores a greater weight, but I don't think it would be a good solution. Players keep improving, so the best performance is rising and it would be too tedious to farm enough of maps to represent your skill :P

If it's not what you meant, feel free to correct me^^.
weighting doesn't really brings the score to average score
weighting stops people from farming the scores map by map (same reason was applied from ppv1 to ppv2)
it doesn't really calculate average when we can have people who can't duplicate their top plays (or at least somewhere close to it)
For example, we have players who have their peak performance to perform 99% FCs but their everyday average performance on maps of same difficulty is like bad 95% acc bad combo clear (believe it or not but this happens more frequently on a lot more people than we thought)
this actually makes the "top play only" calculation an extremely inconsistent way to measure average skill
they are good in calculating your peak performance stats, but not your average.
Also, having enough top play doesn't make the rest negligible, it makes the rest incompetent enough to show it as one of your better performance which might or might not be crucial for average performance calculation.
But then, a system that can't have human or smart AI to check every play manually can't really calculate average performance
The closest thing is to probably register every top play and have their score to decay over time, but that's highly subjective
TABLETCLIX
sorry, unrelated; but is it just me, or does it seem like EVERYONE has berserk/psychic right now?

also, on twitter, it was mentioned that scores are being recalculated; does that mean our titles will change once the recalculation is finished?
abraker

TABLETCLIX wrote:

sorry, unrelated; but is it just me, or does it seem like EVERYONE has berserk/psychic right now?
It's just you. I am an adventurous psychic.

TABLETCLIX wrote:

also, on twitter, it was mentioned that scores are being recalculated; does that mean our titles will change once the recalculation is finished?
They can change, but that doesn't mean they will change. If the new scores have cause a bigger increase in one of the skills to satisfy another title requiremement, then a change will happen.
Yuudachi-kun
I expect berserk go to away when stamina/tenacity become less closely linked
Jukkii
there is definitely something wrong with memory stat

110pp, im on my way to having an FL top score
_xyliac
I was wondering if I can change the flag that shows in my osuskills profile, I recently got a flag change so....
umm if its possible, can I ask if you can kindly change my osuskills profile's flag to Ph (Philippines) I got an Au ranking but I don't belong there anymore...
Topic Starter
Kert

Yuira-kun wrote:

I was wondering if I can change the flag that shows in my osuskills profile, I recently got a flag change so....
umm if its possible, can I ask if you can kindly change my osuskills profile's flag to Ph (Philippines) I got an Au ranking but I don't belong there anymore...
Changed the flag for you
_xyliac

Kert wrote:

Yuira-kun wrote:

Changed the flag for you

Thank You very much! :D
Goodluck with the making :)
Scarlet Evans
On a less serious note: Axarious broke the graph :) He is #1 9 in Agility ranking :D

http://puu.sh/q417Q/981b4842b5.png
meii69
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/795810
this map not gives agility now, fix pls
timemon

Minamoto-kun wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/795810
this map not gives agility now, fix pls
make sure your combos are high enough.
Jukkii
when will we get this title?
show more