forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Endaris
damn
so accuracy will remain as my lowest skill cause only OD and tenacity decide about acc-rating :(
E m i

Xyrus wrote:

Momiji wrote:

but seriously, can we get some (more) accurate information on the requirements of titles? i-i really want a new title
This is just guesswork but as far as I can tell...

You start by determining your highest stat, e.g. Accuracy at 614, then calculate ~80% of that == 491.2 and your title is determined by whichever stats are at 491.2 or higher, e.g. Accuracy, Stamina and Tenacity, giving you fearless.

So since your accuracy increased to 625, the requirement changed to 500,. Since your Agility went from 485 (below the threashold) to 515 (above it), you went from Fearless to Versatile.
You are god
achyoo

abraker wrote:

Endaris wrote:

abraker kert reading when
Life effort reading when

Joking aside, I took a one month break to work on something else since kert is busy with irl stuff. There is still an update waiting to be pushed which fixes the precision skill a bit and adds the reaction skill, and that update has been waiting since May. I plan to resume working on the reading skill after this month.
reaction? i assume that's high AR reading?
can't wait for that update tho :>
TheLukay

Ayucchi wrote:

I really really hope the reading skill is not high AR, almost anybody that played for a decent time can do ar9/10. Low AR at the same object densitiy usually requires so much more training. and 99.9% of the players don't even touch Easy Mod.
I hope its a mix of AR and stuff like object density/spacing.
abraker

TheLukay wrote:

I really really hope the reading skill is not high AR
It's not.

TheLukay wrote:

It is.
achyoo

TheLukay wrote:

Ayucchi wrote:

I really really hope the reading skill is not high AR, almost anybody that played for a decent time can do ar9/10. Low AR at the same object densitiy usually requires so much more training. and 99.9% of the players don't even touch Easy Mod.
oh in his reply he said the update waiting to be pushed adds this skill called "reaction" it isnt shown on the website or anything so im not to sure about that, just based on what he said in his reply, so I assume THAT is high ar reading

but yea nice that the reading skill takes into account the spacing and object density.
Jinn
I'm literally bad at everything except for agility . How do I improve?
snyviper

Jinn wrote:

You are kinda good at accuracy too (check global ranking), so it means you are good at jumps and at making high accuracy. If you want to improve stamina and tenacity, try to play more stream focused maps o/
Yuudachi-kun
I wish I had less tenacity and agility
Jinn

snyviper wrote:

Jinn wrote:

You are kinda good at accuracy too (check global ranking), so it means you are good at jumps and at making high accuracy. If you want to improve stamina and tenacity, try to play more stream focused maps o/
Thx ;D
blahpy
I understand that it's probably not final or complete but I'd like to offer a few thoughts about the Memory skill. I think it's currently looking too much at the spacing and not enough at the bpm/circle size/combo length/actual difficulty of maps.

To help illustrate this I underlined 2 scores that took next to no effort in red and a much better score that took hundreds of tries in green...

edit: I'm fairly sure adding hidden to flashlight currently doesn't make a difference either, correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like that should add more points too because it's a lot harder when the two are combined
Namii

blahpy wrote:

I understand that it's probably not final or complete but I'd like to offer a few thoughts about the Memory skill. I think it's currently looking too much at the spacing and not enough at the bpm/circle size/combo length/actual difficulty of maps.
Also doesn't take into account repeating patterns, there's plenty of memory scores I have that are hugely sight-readable mostly due to speed and repeating patterns..

blahpy wrote:

edit: I'm fairly sure adding hidden to flashlight currently doesn't make a difference either, correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like that should add more points too because it's a lot harder when the two are combined
HD does make a difference, but only adds like 20 points extra usually in my experience. Imo FL by itself needs to be nerf'd and at the same time adding HD be buffed

Seriously though, just take a look at my memory scores and you'll see how broken it is
worst fl player
The memory skill is all about memorising not speed. Spread out new combos what you cant see in your FL radius after you finished the combo before makes the memory skill go higher.
abraker
Thanks for the feedback about memory! Out of all of the problems, the following is the one I have an issue with:

Namii wrote:

Also doesn't take into account repeating patterns, there's plenty of memory scores I have that are hugely sight-readable mostly due to speed and repeating patterns..
I still have little clue on how to detect repeating patterns in a way which doesn't take forever. If you want, suggest your ideas in the reading thread.
Toy
Yo Kert, what's this new Reaction skill and how do you plan on implementing it?

Sightreading seems like something that's easily gameable and difficult to measure.
abraker

[Toy] wrote:

Yo Kert, what's this new Reaction skill and how do you plan on implementing it?

Sightreading seems like something that's easily gameable and difficult to measure.
It's coming very soon actually. We have made reaction results for a couple players while testing to see if the values make sense just yesterday. Reaction works by measuring the true AR (AR and HD) while taking account sparseness chaos of the patterns.
Toy

Xyrus wrote:

Momiji wrote:

but seriously, can we get some (more) accurate information on the requirements of titles? i-i really want a new title
This is just guesswork but as far as I can tell...

You start by determining your highest stat, e.g. Accuracy at 614, then calculate ~80% of that == 491.2 and your title is determined by whichever stats are at 491.2 or higher, e.g. Accuracy, Stamina and Tenacity, giving you fearless.

So since your accuracy increased to 625, the requirement changed to 500,. Since your Agility went from 485 (below the threashold) to 515 (above it), you went from Fearless to Versatile.
also

I think it's about 90% because lncognito has "Swift" and his next highest stat is 89.9% of his agility.

Unless it takes your highest from all your stats which is weird because it seems right now memory and precision give titles separately to the other four.
RS1
based on my osu!skills I think I found the reason I have RSI
abraker

[Toy] wrote:

Unless it takes your highest from all your stats which is weird because it seems right now memory and precision give titles separately to the other four.
Memory and precision do give titles separately. If you've seen the FAQ on osu!skill website, there is this and this.
Yuudachi-kun

RS1 wrote:

based on my osu!skills I think I found the reason I have RSI

Based on mine I still don't
Xyrus_old_1

[Toy] wrote:

I think it's about 90% because lncognito has "Swift" and his next highest stat is 89.9% of his agility.

Had another look at titles using more than 2 profiles this time, gonna box the ones I've used to save screenspace, but yes, it does appear to take the highest of all 7 (I assume Reading will be subject to the same calc when it's released) titles to determine your title(s), and 80% still seems accurate based on this.

For example, taking the 5 profiles above, you start with the highest numbers:- 465, 614, 625, 572, 442; you get 372, 491.2, 500, 457.6, 353.6.

At 372, my title - "Berserk" is determined by Agility, Tenacity and Stamina, my Precision is too low to earn me a 2nd title :(
At 491.2, Momiji's previous title - "Fearless" was determined by Accuracy, Tenacity, Stamina (I assume his Memory and Precision were below 492 at the time)
At 500, Momiji's newer title is determined by the 1st 4 stats (again, guessing the other 4 were below 500)
At 457.6, TheLukay's is determined by Precision, Tenacity, Agility and Stamina, giving them Sharpshooter + Berserk
At 353.6, Incognito's is determined by Memory, Precision and Agility, giving them Pirate and Swift.

Hopefully, abraker-sempai will notice this comment and confirm/deny how right/wrong I am.
Topic Starter
Kert
Nice research
That's close but it goes like this:

The title is dominating if either of these is true
1. (highest - skill) < (highest / 5)
2. skill > avg * 1.3

5 and 1.3 are magic numbers, yes
abraker

Xyrus wrote:

Hopefully, abraker-sempai will notice this comment and confirm/deny how right/wrong I am.
Kert beat me to it, but I still notice you. Good work.
Outline

It would be nice if you added a little +(number) or -(number) in versus so you can easily tell how many more points you have than another person.
Yuudachi-kun

Kert wrote:

Nice research
That's close but it goes like this:

The title is dominating if either of these is true
1. (highest - skill) < (highest / 5)
2. skill > avg * 1.3

5 and 1.3 are magic numbers, yes
For #2 I need 768 stamina
For #1 I don't know what you mean because what does "skill" mean in this case because highest is also a skill.
E m i
yeah in that case highest - skill = 0
Checking for myself (accuracy / 5 = 125)

stamina 34 < 125
tenacity 55 < 125
agility 115 < 125 (Here, for fearless, I would need to have 10 less agility or 19 more accuracy because then everything would be dominating except agility)
0 < 125

I don't like this, I could have 625 stamina 625 tenacity 515 agility 625 accuracy and be versatile lol.
but 516 stamina 516 tenacity 515 agility 644 accuracy is fearless :?
Endaris
Tbh I think going for those badges is quite meaningless right now.
According to osu!skills Accuracy is my weakest skill by 41 points which is straight out nonsense. I don't know anyone at my rank who has less streaming speed/stamina than I have and my raw ability to complete fast streams without missing while ignoring acc is greatly surpassed by most players around 50k.
The fact that you always get full points awarded for Tenacity without looking at acc and combo (Prety much only at misscount as far as I can tell) causes the Tenacity skil of most players to be overrated like hell. 3misses 90%(25 more combo) vs 2misses 98% on meme-map only 12 points difference. Pls.
Things could swing once Reading is introduced (and then again we don't know yet whether Reading will influence Acc or not) but the progression levels of each skill aren't at the point where one could call them fair for the purpose of getting badges.
Topic Starter
Kert
You are not supposed to go for badges since badges just reflect your skills
No badge is better than the other except Versatile being better than Ambitious and some other unused ones
The combo influence will be fixed along with the next update which shouldn't take long
Endaris
Badges don't reflect your skills when the progression between the skills is not balanced. If some skills can receive a lot of points without actual skill backing it up the system falls apart.
E m i
fearless is objectively better than versatile as agility is needlessly easy to acquire :?
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

Badges don't reflect your skills when the progression between the skills is not balanced. If some skills can receive a lot of points without actual skill backing it up the system falls apart.

>>tenacity
unko

Momiji wrote:

agility is needlessly easy to acquire :?
:)
snyviper

Does that blue circle mean I have a high reaction skill value?
unko
probably not since i have it too :roll:
unko
omg you should make it so that if i manually add and have the map in my recent plays it adds that instead of the real score

ok you have 24 hours to implement it before reunion disappears forever
Topic Starter
Kert

snyviper wrote:

Does that blue circle mean I have a high reaction skill value?
It was a bug. Fixed

Microsoft Vista wrote:

omg you should make it so that if i manually add and have the map in my recent plays it adds that instead of the real score
ok you have 24 hours to implement it before reunion disappears forever
Only one score from a player per map is stored. I don't know what you mean here
Jukkii
So i noticed something was wrong when scores i submitted changed nothing in my stats, especially the memory stat

as you can see these score show up on my "recently added" but

dont show up here and dont contribute to my memory stat. those scores were done yesterday and i tried manual input for one of the scores but it still hasnt calculated it.
whats wrong?
Topic Starter
Kert
They are too short/too easy so the algorithm thinks you could sight-read both of them i.e. not use your memory at all.
You can see that one of them appeared in your precision score list, so they were indeed processed.
Jukkii
thanks for the reply. im moving onto harder maps with FL now that im starting to get the grasp of it so maybe they will get calculated
worst fl player
so what did those dots mean next to your ability name? Or was it a bug?

lol nvm, didn't read :P
show more