osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
1,296
show more
abraker

TheLukay wrote:

I really really hope the reading skill is not high AR
It's not.

TheLukay wrote:

I hope its a mix of AR and stuff like object density/spacing.
It is.
Ayucchi

TheLukay wrote:

Ayucchi wrote:

reaction? i assume that's high AR reading?
can't wait for that update tho :>
I really really hope the reading skill is not high AR, almost anybody that played for a decent time can do ar9/10. Low AR at the same object densitiy usually requires so much more training. and 99.9% of the players don't even touch Easy Mod.
I hope its a mix of AR and stuff like object density/spacing.
oh in his reply he said the update waiting to be pushed adds this skill called "reaction" it isnt shown on the website or anything so im not to sure about that, just based on what he said in his reply, so I assume THAT is high ar reading

but yea nice that the reading skill takes into account the spacing and object density.
Jinn
I'm literally bad at everything except for agility . How do I improve?
snyviper

Jinn wrote:

I'm literally bad at everything except for agility . How do I improve?
You are kinda good at accuracy too (check global ranking), so it means you are good at jumps and at making high accuracy. If you want to improve stamina and tenacity, try to play more stream focused maps o/
Yuudachi-kun
I wish I had less tenacity and agility
Jinn

snyviper wrote:

Jinn wrote:

I'm literally bad at everything except for agility . How do I improve?
You are kinda good at accuracy too (check global ranking), so it means you are good at jumps and at making high accuracy. If you want to improve stamina and tenacity, try to play more stream focused maps o/
Thx ;D
blahpy
I understand that it's probably not final or complete but I'd like to offer a few thoughts about the Memory skill. I think it's currently looking too much at the spacing and not enough at the bpm/circle size/combo length/actual difficulty of maps.

To help illustrate this I underlined 2 scores that took next to no effort in red and a much better score that took hundreds of tries in green...



edit: I'm fairly sure adding hidden to flashlight currently doesn't make a difference either, correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like that should add more points too because it's a lot harder when the two are combined
Namii

blahpy wrote:

I understand that it's probably not final or complete but I'd like to offer a few thoughts about the Memory skill. I think it's currently looking too much at the spacing and not enough at the bpm/circle size/combo length/actual difficulty of maps.
Also doesn't take into account repeating patterns, there's plenty of memory scores I have that are hugely sight-readable mostly due to speed and repeating patterns..


blahpy wrote:

edit: I'm fairly sure adding hidden to flashlight currently doesn't make a difference either, correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like that should add more points too because it's a lot harder when the two are combined
HD does make a difference, but only adds like 20 points extra usually in my experience. Imo FL by itself needs to be nerf'd and at the same time adding HD be buffed

Seriously though, just take a look at my memory scores and you'll see how broken it is
worst fl player
The memory skill is all about memorising not speed. Spread out new combos what you cant see in your FL radius after you finished the combo before makes the memory skill go higher.
abraker
Thanks for the feedback about memory! Out of all of the problems, the following is the one I have an issue with:

Namii wrote:

Also doesn't take into account repeating patterns, there's plenty of memory scores I have that are hugely sight-readable mostly due to speed and repeating patterns..
I still have little clue on how to detect repeating patterns in a way which doesn't take forever. If you want, suggest your ideas in the reading thread.
Toy
Yo Kert, what's this new Reaction skill and how do you plan on implementing it?

Sightreading seems like something that's easily gameable and difficult to measure.
abraker

[Toy] wrote:

Yo Kert, what's this new Reaction skill and how do you plan on implementing it?

Sightreading seems like something that's easily gameable and difficult to measure.
It's coming very soon actually. We have made reaction results for a couple players while testing to see if the values make sense just yesterday. Reaction works by measuring the true AR (AR and HD) while taking account sparseness chaos of the patterns.
Toy

Xyrus wrote:

Momiji wrote:

but seriously, can we get some (more) accurate information on the requirements of titles? i-i really want a new title
This is just guesswork but as far as I can tell...

You start by determining your highest stat, e.g. Accuracy at 614, then calculate ~80% of that == 491.2 and your title is determined by whichever stats are at 491.2 or higher, e.g. Accuracy, Stamina and Tenacity, giving you fearless.

So since your accuracy increased to 625, the requirement changed to 500,. Since your Agility went from 485 (below the threashold) to 515 (above it), you went from Fearless to Versatile.
also

I think it's about 90% because lncognito has "Swift" and his next highest stat is 89.9% of his agility.

Unless it takes your highest from all your stats which is weird because it seems right now memory and precision give titles separately to the other four.
RS1
based on my osu!skills I think I found the reason I have RSI
abraker

[Toy] wrote:

Unless it takes your highest from all your stats which is weird because it seems right now memory and precision give titles separately to the other four.
Memory and precision do give titles separately. If you've seen the FAQ on osu!skill website, there is this and this.
Yuudachi-kun

RS1 wrote:

based on my osu!skills I think I found the reason I have RSI
Based on mine I still don't
Xyrus

[Toy] wrote:

I think it's about 90% because lncognito has "Swift" and his next highest stat is 89.9% of his agility.

Unless it takes your highest from all your stats which is weird because it seems right now memory and precision give titles separately to the other four.
Had another look at titles using more than 2 profiles this time, gonna box the ones I've used to save screenspace, but yes, it does appear to take the highest of all 7 (I assume Reading will be subject to the same calc when it's released) titles to determine your title(s), and 80% still seems accurate based on this.






For example, taking the 5 profiles above, you start with the highest numbers:- 465, 614, 625, 572, 442; you get 372, 491.2, 500, 457.6, 353.6.

At 372, my title - "Berserk" is determined by Agility, Tenacity and Stamina, my Precision is too low to earn me a 2nd title :(
At 491.2, Momiji's previous title - "Fearless" was determined by Accuracy, Tenacity, Stamina (I assume his Memory and Precision were below 492 at the time)
At 500, Momiji's newer title is determined by the 1st 4 stats (again, guessing the other 4 were below 500)
At 457.6, TheLukay's is determined by Precision, Tenacity, Agility and Stamina, giving them Sharpshooter + Berserk
At 353.6, Incognito's is determined by Memory, Precision and Agility, giving them Pirate and Swift.

Hopefully, abraker-sempai will notice this comment and confirm/deny how right/wrong I am.
Topic Starter
Kert
Nice research
That's close but it goes like this:

The title is dominating if either of these is true
1. (highest - skill) < (highest / 5)
2. skill > avg * 1.3

5 and 1.3 are magic numbers, yes
abraker

Xyrus wrote:

Hopefully, abraker-sempai will notice this comment and confirm/deny how right/wrong I am.
Kert beat me to it, but I still notice you. Good work.
Outline


It would be nice if you added a little +(number) or -(number) in versus so you can easily tell how many more points you have than another person.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply