osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
1,296
show more
abraker

snyviper wrote:

It's ok, FL can require more memory than EZHD on most maps, but I think EZHD deserves some memory too.. I played your 123 memory map, I tried it with both FL and EZHD, my combo and accuracy were way lower on EZHD than on FL, because I couldn't remember which one I should have clicked first, so EZHD is also memory related.
Endaris did mention that there are skinning tricks to make this easier. That is something we cannot account for. Also don't compare EZHD with FL. EZHD is more similiar to EZ than to FL. Start out by saying, "I can EZ this map, but on EZHD....".

snyviper wrote:

So, more important than approaching a skill to reality is finding a way to make each one of them unique, right? Or do you want to get rid of some skills? Not sure about what you meant...
That is in regard of adding a new skill. Having too many skills will look like a mess. We would add it if it is clear as day that it's a lacking factor which can't be integrated into any of the existing skills.
snyviper

abraker wrote:

Also don't compare EZHD with FL. EZHD is more similiar to EZ than to FL.
If you say so... Both EZ, EZHD and FL are similarly hard for me, and I need to memorize the 3 of them, but like I said from the start, it was just a suggestion, I was making my point, and I wanted to know what you thought about it... Plus, I never tried any skinning trick for EZ, so I can't really say anything about that. Well, at least I learned memory is about memorization.

Alright, so... will EZ be implemented on reading then?
Endaris

snyviper wrote:

will reading be implemented then?
ftfy

Just try to learn all the mods with some patience before you make a judgement on their characteristics and specific difficulty.
The skinning tricks are also rather hypothetical(I didn't try anything yet) but there is no doubt that the new HD acts like approach circles on EZHD sliders.
Topic Starter
Kert
The fact that the larger part of the playerbase has 0 Memory is closely related to the fact that barely anyone plays FL.
You could say that sightreading AR11 also requires some memory and a certain rhythmically hard map too, but it's just that it's not guaranteed that memory will be used.
FL is a different case
unko
yay i was extremely correct the c rank did not add
Topic Starter
Kert
Just after your previous post it seems like the event feed we're getting top1000 scores from started to work differently.
That means we'll soon drop the support for this (if it won't fix itself for some reason) and implement alternative solution like allowing to add scores by hand (all scores are supported in this case).
XII

Khelly wrote:

I think 1000 stamina is nearly impossible to get. The highest score I've seen is 855 from mathew for a 2 miss on gekishow which has one 300 bpm longstream at the very end - so let's say 0 miss is 900 points. That means that you need to longstream 330 bpm or have some outrageous 300 bpm tower of heaven like map to get 1,000? Aoiro step at 323 short streams is only 714ish stamina.
There are a few people with higher than mithew's
unko

XII wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I think 1000 stamina is nearly impossible to get. The highest score I've seen is 855 from mathew for a 2 miss on gekishow which has one 300 bpm longstream at the very end - so let's say 0 miss is 900 points. That means that you need to longstream 330 bpm or have some outrageous 300 bpm tower of heaven like map to get 1,000? Aoiro step at 323 short streams is only 714ish stamina.
There are a few people with higher than mithew's
same map though!
silmarilen

Kert wrote:

Just after your previous post it seems like the event feed we're getting top1000 scores from started to work differently.
That means we'll soon drop the support for this (if it won't fix itself for some reason) and implement alternative solution like allowing to add scores by hand (all scores are supported in this case).
So that's why my recent cs7 score didnt get added?
Yuudachi-kun

Kert wrote:

Just after your previous post it seems like the event feed we're getting top1000 scores from started to work differently.
That means we'll soon drop the support for this (if it won't fix itself for some reason) and implement alternative solution like allowing to add scores by hand (all scores are supported in this case).
Now I don't have to fc ojamajo ahahaha
blahpy
Not sure if this has already been asked, but are there any plans to remove banned players?
Poncho
shouldnt accuracy weigh in atleast 5-10% into tenacity rating? being able to stream given bpm will allow you to acc it better so it would be a more accurate representation of the tenacity rating.
Yuudachi-kun

Khelly wrote:

To be honest, I think stamina should be renamed to speed since it's way more highly affected by speed than longstreams. I do consider stamina an aspect of speed so I don't think its formulas or whatever need to be renamed. On the other hand, tenacity is like stamina's sad cousin. It's affected by acc iirc but always tails a little bit behind stamina for basically all the same plays. What if you got an fc on road of resistance hr? I'd definitely put that really high in the tenacity stat a the stream aim is incredibly hard and tenacity's description is just "streaming." Shouldn't that be all types of streaming from hard to read/aim/fc streams as well as just speedy ones?

Edit: 15 more points in stamina would be just about impossible for me at my current level. If I can somehow ecke out the hardest top 1k 0 misses I could and probably should have already had, I would add a 790 and a 768 to my plays. How many points would those two give me?
XII

Poncho wrote:

shouldnt accuracy weigh in atleast 5-10% into tenacity rating? being able to stream given bpm will allow you to acc it better so it would be a more accurate representation of the tenacity rating.
IIRC he's already working on it.
unko

abraker wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I don't know why there's a ??? for just having stamina as a skill
Edit: Rlsc seems to almost have it...
Does this mean i almost have it too then? Because my stamina/tenacity are even more imbalanced than his lol
Endaris

XII wrote:

Poncho wrote:

shouldnt accuracy weigh in atleast 5-10% into tenacity rating? being able to stream given bpm will allow you to acc it better so it would be a more accurate representation of the tenacity rating.
IIRC he's already working on it.
I had some discussion with abraker on this matter as well and he rather seemed eager to isolate tenacity as a skill and narrow it down to:
How long can you still move your fingers at a speed that is fast enough to not make you miss?
I told him that I think that such mashing stamina has nothing to do with streaming but I don't know what happened to his progress on it.
semaphore
i was checking out the ranking section and i noticed that the flag filters are in an unusual order, maybe sort them by number of active players or performance? https://osu.ppy.sh/p/countryranking
Flami
It's like a whole new ranking system all together. Nice job!
[Dark Wolf]
just only std mod?no takio?CTB?
mizuki-chan
Nice idea, but i dont think that i'll need such a feature.
However, keep up the good work!

[Dark Wolf] wrote:

just only std mod?no takio?CTB?
Only standard so far.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply