forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker

Endaris wrote:

But why instantly?
I mean, the osu!-API must suffer a lot from insta-updating all of these on request.
Nope, we take it from the live feed here. If there is a top score, then the api does stuff.
unko

Khelly wrote:

Is there a reason that a 780x 0 miss gives the same amount of points as an fc about 200 combo higher? Talking about my Uroboros infinity in the stamina section.
omg don't make slider breaks count i just got a 770 stamina score which is a sliderbreak :(((
Yuudachi-kun

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Is there a reason that a 780x 0 miss gives the same amount of points as an fc about 200 combo higher? Talking about my Uroboros infinity in the stamina section.
omg don't make slider breaks count i just got a 770 stamina score which is a sliderbreak :(((
I don't know how it works. Nice EZDT of that map though?
unko

Khelly wrote:

I don't know how it works. Nice EZDT of that map though?
thanks 8-) i want to fc it but it gets so confusing/shaky after that stream
Yuudachi-kun
I wonder if EZ affects stamina since you have a greater leniency in not missing
abraker

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I don't think combo based systems are an accurate measure of skill. Accuracy comes closer, but still isnt perfect. Someday if and when we get replay analysis running, it may count but I don't think it will give such a big penalty for a slider break.
unko

Khelly wrote:

I wonder if EZ affects stamina since you have a greater leniency in not missing
it doesn't affect the numbers but i think it should to be honest

although, if you're gonna understream, you're gonna understream, and you're gonna fail on a long deathstream whether it's od1 or od10
Yuudachi-kun
True, but in that map the stream isn't particularly long yet its giving near 800 stamina
unko

Khelly wrote:

True, but in that map the stream isn't particularly long yet its giving near 800 stamina
High bpm short streams/bursts are just pretty overrated in general, i heard they were working on new formulae though so maybe that'll improve the issue.
Multtari

Shouldn't misses and sliderbreaks have significant loss in score? Looks like sliderbreaks doesn't affect scoring in the slightest.

7.13 Toumei Elegy is 400 combo score with 13 misses and its still equal to FC on Bull's eye in agility score. IMO play with that many misses shouldn't be worth that much.

Same thing here with for example Yui - Again which is pretty much spam through run with 2 misses. The score shouldn't be that much.

Rewrite is 2.7 stars CS9.1. The base gain for high CS is way too high while the scoring seems fair on more difficult maps in correlation to other skill values.
achyoo
hey just a suggestion for a new skill to be added, but I'm sure others have already suggested something similar

How about a speed skill? like tapping speed and BPM stuff? would be cool IMO

thanks for this btw, cool feature and farming points here feels more rewarding than PP
abraker

DesuNuts wrote:

hey just a suggestion for a new skill to be added, but I'm sure others have already suggested something similar

thanks for this btw, cool feature and farming points here feels more rewarding than PP
Doesn't that fall under stamina?
achyoo

abraker wrote:

DesuNuts wrote:

Doesn't that fall under stamina?
Oh you're right! Well sort of, I was kind of thinking about purely speed, but I guess it's included in the stamina part
Tachibana
the scores it pulls in the top 100, does that refer to scores in the top 100 for the songs themselves or scores that were/are in my top 100 plays?
abraker

Tachibana wrote:

the scores it pulls in the top 100, does that refer to scores in the top 100 for the songs themselves or scores that were/are in my top 100 plays?
top 100 for the songs themselves
Tachibana
i suppose that would explain why it rarely updates my scores Q.Q
Kao
I feel like the F.A.Q. needs to be more clear about score updates, as it confuses me a lot, as well as many users.
This is to lessen repeated questions on this thread
FAQ wrote
Q: Why old scores only from top 100? Why not more?
A: It's a limitation of osu!api and we would gladly include more if it wasn't so resource intensive to do.
Q: Which scores are counted in osu!skills?
A: Scores in each beatmap that are at least in top 100 will be included and updated live.
Q: Is my Best Performance plays also included?
A: Yes, as long as they don't get removed from the list.
FAQ wrote
Q: Why did my stat go down?
A: You got lower accuracy / more misses on a better scored play.
Q: Why did my overall stats go down in this category?
A: 1. Your accuracy has gotten lower in a map | 2. You got more misses | 3. Your score got removed from Best Performance Plays | 4. Something else
Q: Why isn't my score updating?
A: Either the score hasn't been processed yet or there's a server hiccup. Wait for a while and refresh. | If your score hasn't appeared after a long time, make sure it's in Top 100 or in your Best Performance plays. If it is, go to the Forums for support.
Or something close to that. :)
Liquorset
Topic Starter
Kert

soiPlox wrote:

how did you do this ????????'
It's some ninja magic wizardry bro

Also,
FAQ section updated.

Thank you for suggestions, Kao! I tried to make explanations as simple as possible this time.
Eiuh
Banned ducks should be removed from the scoreboards imo
Mugino
A ranking like this in Osu! would make more sense... You would be ranked by your skills and not by how much you farmed PP.
Good Job ;)
Yuudachi-kun
Except you need skills to get pp and you can farm for score on osu skills as well. :?
verto
Does stamina considers accuracy now?

I got this

which supposed to give this

Topic Starter
Kert
osu! servers are very unreliable currently and a lot of scores missed the database because of that :(
I honestly don't know if anything can be done to help that on my side
snyviper
I have another suggestion...

I think you should add an "Update" button to the site, instead of updating it whenever it's been 12 hours after the last update, and someone accesses the user page on osu!Skills, for two reasons:

1: Since there is a very long time so we can update again, sometimes I have to keep a tab open in my browser with my osu!skills page, because if I open it after the 12 hours, it'll update, and I want to finish playing before updating it, yet I want to see my skills from before updating.

2: Sometimes, it's not necessary to update, because we don't make new highscores everyday, and on the day we don't make a highscore, we don't need to update it, plus... If we are waiting to stop playing to update it, we may end up forgetting to update. The server would make less effort to keep working, and it MIGHT make the "12 hours of wait" become lower, like 10 hours, or even 8, who knows...

Got the idea from this site: http://graph.anime.plus/
verto

Kert wrote:

osu! servers are very unreliable currently and a lot of scores missed the database because of that :(
I'm not really an expert or anything, but shouldn't they get into your database after the servers were fixed? Or at least the top100/pp giving scores.

I might be saying really stupid shit, but I'm just curious. and I had a memory score it missed
unko

_verto_ wrote:

and I had a memory score it missed
i had to set a precision score twice for it to show up :x
randomizer89

Kert wrote:

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Topic Starter
Kert

snyviper wrote:

There are some ideas concerning this, but it's not final yet.

_verto_ wrote:

I'm not really an expert or anything, but shouldn't they get into your database after the servers were fixed? Or at least the top100/pp giving scores.
The latter will

randomizer89 wrote:

Check again, it appeared there
Yuudachi-kun

Microsoft Vista wrote:

_verto_ wrote:

and I had a memory score it missed
i had to set a precision score twice for it to show up :x
I had to choke mad machine twice at the exact same sliderbreak combo to get my stamina. ;)
unko

Khelly wrote:

I had to choke mad machine twice at the exact same sliderbreak combo to get my stamina. ;)
i had to fc fascination marisa THIRTEEN TIMES JUST FOR IT TO STILL NOT BEAT MY 14 MONTH OLD NOMOD SCORE

maybe the osuskills devs will be cute and add it manually? 8-) after all it's still in my recent plays
Topic Starter
Kert

Microsoft Vista wrote:

maybe the osuskills devs will be cute and add it manually? 8-) after all it's still in my recent plays
unko

Kert wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Cheesecake

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Kert wrote:

play more
Koizumi Chineko
I've got a problem with score update, Could anyone help ? ;-;
abraker

przemo_az wrote:

I've got a problem with score actualizacion, Could anyone help ? ;-;
Huh? If I'm not mistaken, you are not sure what the numbers mean?
Koizumi Chineko

abraker wrote:

przemo_az wrote:

I've got a problem with score actualizacion, Could anyone help ? ;-;
Huh? If I'm not mistaken, you are not sure what the numbers mean?
I mean update, my mistake sry
Koizumi Chineko
but now I don't care, I've got a better score
unko
in all realness being able to check recent plays too would be so cool
abraker

Microsoft Vista wrote:

in all realness being able to check recent plays too would be so cool
You mean so you know which map somebody else recently did, saving the time going on their osu! profile, checking the info, and going back to look for the map in the skills listing?
show more