osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
timemon
woo it's awesome!

thank you for making something for me to farm other than pp
silmarilen
Why is this map rated so highly with memory? i get more fomr a dthrfl on that than a hddtfl on this one While the first map was a sightread and the 2nd one took me over 100 tries.
unko
This is really cool, but I do have a couple triple of irks with the stamina/tenacity stats:

* It doesn't seem to be rated as high as agility. It's kind of arbitrary, but basically the numbers are lower than equivalent agility scores. An FC on Kuchizuke Diamond DT nets you 1064 agility points, but Rlsc's score on Fascination MAXX (EZDT, 300 bpm longstreams) only gets 846 for stamina. As far as I know, there's no acc or EZ weighting, so theoretically this would even be the same with a DT-only FC-- maybe give a couple more since he missed right at the end.

* Fast small bursts seem to be overrated. Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate! on the Lethal difficulty with DT, for example, gets you 790 stamina points, which I believe is one of the highest scores currently achieved on there. However, there are only a few 5 note bursts at 340bpm. Very fast, but they require little effort to get past. Another example of this is Breakthrough Atmosphere; 763 for an FC.

* There's also no weighting for OD and accuracy. Not sure how this would be approached though since an 89% score could be slightly overstreamed/wrong offset, or understreamed to the point of near-failure. (totally not trying to save my own low-acc ass) You'd have to tread carefully there. However, maybe EZ and fixed OD should be worth a little less.

Keep it up though, it's fun having two things to farm now (which sometimes link into each other!!! Xddddddd)
XII

Microsoft Vista wrote:

This is really cool, but I do have a couple of irks with the stamina/tenacity stats:

* It doesn't seem to be rated as high as agility. It's kind of arbitrary, but basically the numbers are lower than equivalent agility scores. An FC on Kuchizuke Diamond DT nets you 1064 agility points, but Rlsc's score on Fascination MAXX (EZDT, 300 bpm longstreams) only gets 846 for stamina. As far as I know, there's no acc or EZ weighting, so theoretically this would even be the same with a DT-only FC-- maybe give a couple more since he missed right at the end.

* Fast small bursts seem to be overrated. Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate! on the Lethal difficulty, for example, with DT gets you 790 stamina points, which I believe is one of the highest scores currently achieved on there. However, there are only a few 5 note bursts at 340bpm. Very fast, but they require little effort to get past. Another example of this is Breakthrough Atmosphere; 763 for an FC.

Keep it up though, it's fun having two things to farm now (which sometimes link into each other!!! Xddddddd)
dude just compare rlsc's scores with mine, SUCH BULLSHIT. :?

You forgot to mention that it doesn't take OD into account!
unko
:lol:

XII wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

This is really cool, but I do have a couple of irks with the stamina/tenacity stats:

* Fast small bursts seem to be overrated. Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate! on the Lethal difficulty, for example, with DT gets you 790 stamina points, which I believe is one of the highest scores currently achieved on there. However, there are only a few 5 note bursts at 340bpm. Very fast, but they require little effort to get past. Another example of this is Breakthrough Atmosphere; 763 for an FC.

dude just compare rlsc's scores with mine, SUCH BULLSHIT. :?

You forgot to mention that it doesn't take OD into account!
ok i edited it to appease the mom
XII

Microsoft Vista wrote:

ok i edited it to appease the mom
Good little gnome
XII
Also could you add a profile link on our osu skills profile so we can easily check players out without having to copy their names? Just a small thing to make stuff easier.
unko
Keeping on the never-ending trend of suggesting shit, it'd be cool being able to list players by titles, sorted by their primary stat or alphabetically or whatever
XII

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Keeping on the never-ending trend of suggesting shit, it'd be cool being able to list players by titles, sorted by their primary stat or alphabetically or whatever
Oh that's a good one and while we're at it can you kert tell us what the actual difference between Stamina and Tenacity is?
Laura_Bodewig

XII wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Oh that's a good one and while we're at it can you kert tell us what the actual difference between Stamina and Tenacity is?
From what I can tell it seems that Stamina is based on speed of tapping and for how long for everything in the song while Tenacity seems to be ONLY streaming acc and speed.

Also, I am apparently I am Adventurous and Agility (Raw Aim) and Tenacity (Streaming) are my strong suits based on the higher numbers.

Edit: Also can confirm I think I already like this more then score v2 kek.
XII

Laura_Bodewig wrote:

From what I can tell it seems that Stamina is based on speed of tapping and for how long for everything in the song while Tenacity seems to be ONLY streaming acc and speed.

Also, I am apparently I am Adventurous and Agility (Raw Aim) and Tenacity (Streaming) are my strong suits based on the higher numbers.

Edit: Also can confirm I think I already like this more then score v2 kek.
LOL true, this might be why stamina section doesn't take acc into account at all.

I'm almost #1 country in 3 categories while my pp is #6 :(
Deva
Funny thing how here im ranked around 10k for everything and yet by peppy im 40k :o
unko

HK_ wrote:

Funny thing how here im ranked around 10k for everything and yet by peppy im 40k :o
Not every player is in their database of course, the numbers are only really accurate (compared to global ranking) for top 1000 or so of each stat.
Deva
Thats lame...but i still like it way more than peppy system
Topic Starter
Kert

silmarilen wrote:

Why is this map rated so highly with memory? i get more fomr a dthrfl on that than a hddtfl on this one While the first map was a sightread and the 2nd one took me over 100 tries.
I will take a look at this. Something tells me that it's the 1st one that is overrated. Btw, tell me if the 2nd one looks fine in comparison with your other higher Memory scores.

XII wrote:

Also could you add a profile link on our osu skills profile so we can easily check players out without having to copy their names? Just a small thing to make stuff easier.
Do you mean links to official osu! profiles? If yes - it's planned. If you mean links to osu!Skills profile - your username on the profile page contains the link.

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Maybe.

Laura_Bodewig wrote:

Wrong.
Tenacity doesn't care about accuracy. Tenacity only rates the longest / fastest streams in the maps.
Stamina is based on how much you have to tap / how fast and gives more points if you have to do it often / for longer periods of time.

HK_ wrote:

Thats lame...but i still like it way more than peppy system
You can go and enter all users above your osu! pp rank in our site to fill the database if you want : )
Deva

Kert wrote:

You can go and enter all users above your osu! pp rank in our site to fill the database if you want : )
I have no idea how but id gladly help. For the sake of science.
silmarilen

Kert wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

I will take a look at this. Something tells me that it's the 1st one that is overrated. Btw, tell me if the 2nd one looks fine in comparison with your other higher Memory scores.
2nd one feels like it's in the right place imo.
snyviper

Kert wrote:

Tenacity doesn't care about accuracy. Tenacity only rates the longest / fastest streams in the maps.
Stamina is based on how much you have to tap / how fast and gives more points if you have to do it often / for longer periods of time.
Wow, I didn't know tenacity didn't escalate with accuracy, does stamina do? Actually... all the information is surprising to me xD

I think tenacity should escalate just very slightly, just so players (FC) with 100% acc can have that 1 point of score over 99%, and 2 points over 97%, and 3 points over 94%, and so on... so they can realize they were actually better or worse than someone else on that beatmap.

Idk how much accuracy escalates on stamina, or if it doesn't escalates at all, but imo stamina needs to be escalated more than "very slightly" (but not that much though). When I'm playing full streams maps, like tower of heaven, my accuracy keeps dropping at the end, even if I fc it.

It's just a suggestion, as I have no idea which kind of impact this would have on osuskills...
XII

snyviper wrote:

Kert wrote:

Wow, I didn't know tenacity didn't escalate with accuracy, does stamina do? Actually... all the information is surprising to me xD

I think tenacity should escalate just very slightly, just so players (FC) with 100% acc can have that 1 point of score over 99%, and 2 points over 97%, and 3 points over 94%, and so on... so they can realize they were actually better or worse than someone else on that beatmap.

Idk how much accuracy escalates on stamina, or if it doesn't escalates at all, but imo stamina needs to be escalated more than "very slightly" (but not that much though). When I'm playing full streams maps, like tower of heaven, my accuracy keeps dropping at the end, even if I fc it.

It's just a suggestion, as I have no idea which kind of impact this would have on osuskills...
My speed score that is worth like 740 stamina is the same amount as someone with 5% lower acc AND someone with EZ DT same acc.
Topic Starter
Kert

snyviper wrote:

It's the other way around - accuracy escalates with tenacity a bit.
sellyme

Kert wrote:

Meanwhile, a new update appears.

Country rankings added!
You can also see country / global ranks in player profiles.
Also everything is clickable so you can easily navigate from profiles to country / global rankings to specific pages where you are placed.

Keep in mind that if a player was never checked on the site before it can take up to 10 minutes for him to appear in the rankings.
I love you.
DroidBass
Which are the differences between Ambitious and Versatile? theorically both of these means that your 4 stats stamina/tenacity/agility/accuracy are ballanced, but I don't find any logical difference between Vesatile or Ambitous.

Another thing is that I don't understand at all the dicfferences between stamina and tenacity. Due it's very common that players that have one of these really high will have the another high as well. Out of this, I don't understand how could be possible to see a Frantic tittle. I've seen some few Adamant players, but I have not yet seen any Frantic player.

Apart some tittles are too strange to see, on a system like ppv2 which favours mainly Spirited, Swift and Berserk players because really high acc over high aim requirements is what gives most pp on here (berserks ocasionally have good acc on low OD maps, so for osu!skills that's low acc but for ppv2 isn't that low). So this means that is how I don't see possible seing a player with Fearless banner (which requires low agility compared to the other 3 stats).

As a sugestion, I would recommend to raise stamina value on long combo maps that aren't too easy meanwhile leaving tenacity for maps with heavy streams around the song (example, pernicious develiet).
TakuMii
...So, I'm having issues with my profile updating:

I've beaten this score with a new top50 score with better accuracy 2 days ago (as shown here @ 98.62%), yet it's still showing my old score as my most valued score. Can this be fixed, or is this due to some limitation?
Topic Starter
Kert
It didn't reach your top PP so it will update when global scoreboard top update happens - in about 2 days.
TakuMii
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the quick answer :D
Topic Starter
Kert
No problem. We may soon have everything updated in real-time with more scores than just top100 scores (if everything goes well)
ohoho
Sviundt
Idea

Adding a hover for description on titles, so you don't have to go to the FAQ to find out their meaning.

Or just link every description to the FAQ
verto
Not sure if this had been mentioned, but I noticed that precision doesn't scale well with BPM. I know this is a bit subjective, but I think this is why newer HR maps weight so little compared to old high CS stuff, or why my speed of link HTHR score is so high up there.

Edit: in comparison, a HR fc on that speed of link diff only gives 28 points more:
Slyven
That is actually pretty good ! Nice job over there :D
DroidBass
Would be nice to see how it would work with any global rank that anyone has, would make least common tittles more common.
Topic Starter
Kert

_verto_ wrote:

Not sure if this had been mentioned, but I noticed that precision doesn't scale well with BPM. I know this is a bit subjective, but I think this is why newer HR maps weight so little compared to old high CS stuff, or why my speed of link HTHR score is so high up there.

Edit: in comparison, a HR fc on that speed of link diff only gives 28 points more:
That's all pretty subjective but it'll be tweaked at some point.

ReynBolt wrote:

Would be nice to see how it would work with any global rank that anyone has, would make least common tittles more common.
Please, rephase. I don't understand what you mean.
verto

Kert wrote:

That's all pretty subjective but it'll be tweaked at some point.
That's cool, just keep in mind that the same map with 3/4 its speed worths only 5% less precision points right now.
RyanGBW
hi just wanna ask because i am really keen into this but are you maybe planning on making a mobile app version?
abraker

RyanGBW wrote:

hi just wanna ask because i am really keen into this but are you maybe planning on making a mobile app version?
Why? Just go on the website using your mobile device
RyanGBW

abraker wrote:

RyanGBW wrote:

Why? Just go on the website using your mobile device
just curious thats all. :3
abraker
No, a mobile version is not planned and might never be planned.
Topic Starter
Kert
Mobile version of the website is planned. Not the app though.
Minhtam

Kert wrote:

No problem. We may soon have everything updated in real-time with more scores than just top100 scores (if everything goes well)
ohoho
If this happens, I'm going to start seriously farming HRHDDTFL for Memory points.
B1rd
I think there is something wrong with your stamina skill

At the very bottom is a 4 minutes map filled with nonstop 175 bpm streams

Above that is a 200bpm map that is almost all 1/2 jumps

At the very top is a 175 bpm jump map that barely requires any stamina.
Topic Starter
Kert
How long are the streams?
Afaik airman has a part with multiple long consecutive streams without breaks
I don't remember other maps
show more