forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kert
Today we release player title badges!

Title is a short summary of your best skills.
You can have up to 3 titles so far. First one is defined by your Stamina, Tenacity, Agility, Accuracy skills.
Second one is defined by Precision, Memory, Reading.
Third title is a special one :)

Example:
If you're good at Stamina and Tenacity you get >title name1< here. If you're good at Tenacity only you get >another title name< here.
There is a total of 27 titles currently.

We'll probably make an infographic at some point later to better explain what is this concept about.

Super silly accuracy calculation bug was also fixed.
Rilene
woohoo

still waiting for reading skills though
tecu
Just to notify of a typo, Alumetorz has a title of "Spiritied" which I assume is supposed to say "Spirited"
Topic Starter
Kert
Blame my inattentiveness
Thanks! Fixed
Endaris

Rilene wrote:

woohoo

still waiting for reading skills though
:(

It would be nice - even though I'm not particularly interested - if you shared the criteria for title selection.
It's hard to provide feedback on how well it works when you don't know what is even going on.
timemon
What happened to the Accuracy ranking? I was top500 like a few hours ago, now I'm at #75. I don't think I'm that accurate.
Endaris
The fix for accuracy rating probably requires all scores to be recalculated.
thelewa doesn't show up in the ranking right now even though he has 789 acc-points.
Also every acc-ranking where Bikko isn't #1 must be flawed xd
Eiuh
Implementing the other gamemodes in this would be really cool <:

Separately ofc, having every mode combined would just be a clusterfuck and no one would understand anything
slowlymore2
How often is it possible to update your page on the site? Just wondering because I set a new reasonably high pp play with terrible acc and wanted to see how it will impact my stats <3
Pulse
Function Phantom - Neuronecia (Amamiya Yuko) [Ethereal] +FL (98.68%)

Memory — Flashlight performance
DJ Mars - Lemon Tree (MetalMario201) [Hard] +HDHRFL (94.52%)

why
20Below
Quick question - What do the things like Beserk and Swift mean?
Topic Starter
Kert

slowlymore2 wrote:

How often is it possible to update your page on the site? Just wondering because I set a new reasonably high pp play with terrible acc and wanted to see how it will impact my stats <3
Twice a day at max.

20Below wrote:

Quick question - What do the things like Berserk and Swift mean?
I'll answer this kind of question one time :p
Swift is for players who are best at Agility (in comparison with their other skills)
Berserk is for those who are good at Stamina, Agililty, Tenacity BUT not Accuracy
emanfman
I'm very disappointed with the accuracy calculation... it lists me as berserk but my global acc is above 99%. Please reconsider some stuff in that formula!
- Zekia -
Nice update, but you need to show the meaning of every title in the site :p
also what means Adventurous?
Midnaait
Any news for the rest of the gamemodes?
Poncho
Please make title infographic soon. Thank you
abraker

Midnaait wrote:

Any news for the rest of the gamemodes?
Let's get the reading skill done first, k?
KrazyKaito
So is there a summary for titles? Like what does Berserk mean for this?
Gigo

KrazyKaito wrote:

So is there a summary for titles? Like what does Berserk mean for this?
Come on, man... Berserk specifically was mentioned in the previous page.
thgilretfa

emanfman wrote:

I'm very disappointed with the accuracy calculation... it lists me as berserk but my global acc is above 99%. Please reconsider some stuff in that formula!
it calculate od of songs that you play, not overall accuracy that you have
you can farm accuracy at od0 map and have 100% overall accuracy, but it doesn't mean, that you good at acc
Defacer
So far the titles I have found are:
ambitious
spirited
sage
perceptive
adventurous
sharpshooter
versatile
berserk
swift
volatile
pirate
frantic
sturdy
fearless
adamant
volcanic
furious
and special title i think - developer

Total of 18, so according to Kert, 9 are still unknown to me, has anyone found something?
Gigo
Hmm... maybe some titles can't be seen yet, because nobody has them? I don't know, I'm just speculating. I'll keep searching though. So far, I can't find anything different than the list above me.
Topic Starter
Kert
Wow that's some good research out there
Keep in mind that a portion (5) of "unknown titles" are related to Reading skill
And some of your titles may transform into another ones if you read well
Yuudachi-kun
Neat, I got versatile. I do have a question about the scores. Take what I have in the tapping stamina category. http://osuskills.tk/user/Khelly/skill/stamina

Why is Halozy - Little Summer Party (Takos) [Lunatic] +DT (93.6%) so low on this list? This is a very hard map to actually tap at certain points - I still fail it even though I have an fc. The top 5 in this category are all stream maps. Uroboros is hard to tap, I'll give it that. But Sayonara superstar, faith for transient people, stop, and especially kimi no hitomi are complete jokes in regards to tapping. At least comparing them to Little Summer Party.

If you go to the tenacity page, Summer Party is actually much higher in placement which doesn't seem to fit in with the "stream stamina". It especially pales in comparison to maps like Voice and second darkside.

Am I missing something? Do I have these definitions wrong?
Defacer
Here is what I came up with. The "x" symbol represents unknown titles that exist for sure. Where "x" stands i think it's very unlikely to see a player with that title, because stamina and tenacity are very similar, it's almost impossible to find someone who has a lot of stamina but no tenacity & vice versa. The total number of titles + possible titles in this list is 25, so I am missing 2. The ones which are in italic and have a "?" are a bit questionable, probably not what they represent(correct me plz). Can't think of anything else =/

STAMINA/TENACITY/AGILITY/ACCURACY

swift - agility
perceptive - accuracy
x - tenacity
x - stamina
sturdy - accuracy + stamina
volcanic - stamina+tenacity
spirited - agility+accuracy
adventurous - tenacity + agility
furious - agility + stamina ?
adamant - tenacity + accuracy ?
berserk - agility+stamina+tenacity
volatile - agility + tenacity + accuracy
fearless - accuracy+stamina+tenacity
frantic - agility+stamina+acc ?
versatile - balanced ?
ambitious - balanced but weaker ?

MEMORY/PRECISION/READING

sage - memory
sharpshooter - precision
pirate - memory + precision
+5 unknown, yet to be seen after reading skill implementation

SPECIAL

developer
Gigo
Damn, you sure have given this a lot of thought! Very detailed list.

Something bugs me though. There are people, who are "Versatile Pirate". If I go by your table, that must mean that they are balanced players, who excel in memory and precision. However, their table shows that precision is actually their least developed skill. Here is an example: http://osuskills.tk/user/BluOxy

Now, I don't have a problem with your definition of "versatile", but I think "pirate" must mean something else.
Yuudachi-kun
I think versatile is based on just having a certain number of stats near in value because my precision, accuracy, and memory aren't nearly up there to be considered equal.
Gigo
I don't think Memory is taken into account for "Versatile". I've seen people with 0 Memory who have that title.
abraker

Defacer wrote:

Wow you took this seriously and we appreciate your effort! Out of all of these, most are spot on. You are also missing several, so good luck hunting for the rest!
Defacer

abraker wrote:

Defacer wrote:

Wow you took this seriously and we appreciate your effort! Out of all of these, there is something wrong. You are also missing several, so good luck hunting for the rest!
The wrong one just has to be frantic! I couldn't find the one guy who had it and I just slapped it on a random combination that was left unused. Also I am wondering if there are existing players with the missing titles, they have to be extremely rare. For information, of all the players that I checked, only 1 had the title frantic.

As for the the versatile pirate thing. First title is calculated based on stamina/tenacity/accuracy/agility, second title on the rest and they have no connection between and that's why you can have both. Of course there is a third title, but that's extremely exclusive haha.
Fateburn

Just noticed that Taiwan is called as a province of China here, this really is something we don't like tbh
Yuudachi-kun
Taiwan hasn't officially drclared Independence from china as they are really just a rebelling province of the prc.
Topic Starter
Kert
Let's not talk politics here.
I just got it from some site with the list of countries and their abbreviations
Wikipedia doesn't mention this wording anywhere so I'll change it to just Taiwan.
Index
Bug on memory skills..?
Lybydose : TERRA - Dance Dance Revolution NON STOP MEGAMIX (James) [Marathon] +FL (98.93%) 778
thregium : TERRA - Dance Dance Revolution NON STOP MEGAMIX (James) [Marathon] +HTFL (96.9%) 1012
Topic Starter
Kert
Do you have a FC? Because Lybydose doesn't
zhuxiaoyan
I think playstyles should account in someway, I don't have an idea yet, but you should incorporate playstyles.
azer467
can is ask in which rate the top 100 plays for a profile updates ?
Remyria

azer467 wrote:

can is ask in which rate the top 100 plays for a profile updates ?
top 100 per map update every week
Gigo

Uhmm, this doesn't look right. Both are FCs, so why is the easier version worth more points?!
Topic Starter
Kert
There's more parts (sheer amount of) in that Normal when combos are spaced apart?
show more