forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
1,444
show more
Topic Starter
Kert
Looks like one of api keys used for that was revoked. Should work in the next hour or so
Thanks for the report
Dawnsday
Happy to help, nice job on fixing the update issue too.
JPili
What do Agility and Reaction mean exactly? I see that it says "Raw Aim" for Agility and "Sight-reading" for Reaction, but those are still pretty vague. Does "Raw Aim" mean fast aiming and crazy angles? Does "Sight-reading" mean low HP maps, unusual patterns, or something? Can anyone shed some light on how these two skills are measured?
Dawnsday

JPili wrote:

What do Agility and Reaction mean exactly? I see that it says "Raw Aim" for Agility and "Sight-reading" for Reaction, but those are still pretty vague. Does "Raw Aim" mean fast aiming and crazy angles? Does "Sight-reading" mean low HP maps, unusual patterns, or something? Can anyone shed some light on how these two skills are measured?
Agility - Aim, big jumps, fast aim.

Reaction - just high AR
Kurtisdede
http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/stamina - Dash Hopes 3 (loved map) is still there on my profile.

Also, In my opinion Reaction needs to be reworked, Currently 3* AR11 and 8* AR11 give the same amount of Reaction points which doesn't make much sense
sometimes
this score is visible on my reaction page, but is nowhere to be found on memory http://osuskills.com/user/sometimes/skill/memory (and I'm pretty sure it's worth at least 7 points)
abraker

Kurtisdede wrote:

Also, In my opinion Reaction needs to be reworked, Currently 3* AR11 and 8* AR11 give the same amount of Reaction points which doesn't make much sense
1) What maps?
2) osu!skills was made because star rating and pp is inaccurate. Please instead of using star rating to judge what is accurately rated, base it on how well players generally do on the map

sometimes wrote:

this score is visible on my reaction page, but is nowhere to be found on memory http://osuskills.com/user/sometimes/skill/memory (and I'm pretty sure it's worth at least 7 points)
The map likely offers enough time to find the notes to hit by moving cursor around. Tell me if that's not the case.
sometimes

abraker wrote:

The map likely offers enough time to find the notes to hit by moving cursor around. Tell me if that's not the case.
The map is pretty easy for FL but since HDDTFL is worth 245 points, I'd expect HDHRDTFL to be worth at least 7 points.
Kurtisdede

abraker wrote:

1) What maps?
http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/reaction my 3 mod fc on "bradbreeck - Emotional Uplifting Orchestral [Heaven]" - a 4.31* map - 805 points

http://osuskills.com/user/WhiteCat/skill/reaction - 3 mod fc on "umu. Ai no Sukima [Emotions]" - 9.29* map - 816 points(still more than 805 I suppose, but barely.) - Obviously these maps aren't even close to being on the same level, even if you put aside the SR

Also, in my opinion the FL judgement for "should it count towards memory points?" is too harsh - or just plain unpredictable

http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/memory - "toby fox - Last Goodbye (Fatfan Kolek) [Normal] +FL (99.57%)" is there - actual sightread map, while my HDHRFL FC on beatmapsets/953015#osu/1992682 isn't - which took me a hundred tries (granted, I'm not a great player).
abraker

Kurtisdede wrote:

http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/reaction my 3 mod fc on "bradbreeck - Emotional Uplifting Orchestral [Heaven]" - a 4.31* map - 805 points

http://osuskills.com/user/WhiteCat/skill/reaction - 3 mod fc on "umu. Ai no Sukima [Emotions]" - 9.29* map - 816 points(still more than 805 I suppose, but barely.) - Obviously these maps aren't even close to being on the same level, even if you put aside the SR
Can you link both maps please? I can't ctrl+f

===

Some things about reaction skill:

- Map length is not accounted for. Short maps you can spam retry are prob overweighted

- Reaction is pretty much a combination of base score and agility bonus. Base score is just AR converted to score, that's why a lot of scores around the same value.

- Reaction skill is more related to needed reaction time than how hard the patterns are. So the patterns may be harder, but that doesn't mean you need faster reaction time. The difference between 805 and 816 means they pretty much require a similiar reaction time from you.

- If you want a higher reaction score, don't use HD mod

Kurtisdede wrote:

Also, in my opinion the FL judgement for "should it count towards memory points?" is too harsh - or just plain unpredictable

http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/memory - "toby fox - Last Goodbye (Fatfan Kolek) [Normal] +FL (99.57%)" is there - actual sightread map, while my HDHRFL FC on beatmapsets/953015#osu/1992682 isn't - which took me a hundred tries (granted, I'm not a great player).
Yea it might not be perfect. I think the process was: figure out if notes are poking into visible area (including approach circles), figure out if the player has enough time to figure out where the next note is, take into account size of visible area, and give bonus points for remembering which end of the slider it should be

The code for the skills can be found here: https://github.com/Kert/osuSkills
Kurtisdede

abraker wrote:

Can you link both maps please? I can't ctrl+f
beatmapsets/557532#osu/1182090 - emotional uplifting orchestral

beatmapsets/966339#osu/2022718 - umu. Ai no Sukima

abraker wrote:

- Map length is not accounted for. Short maps you can spam retry are prob overweighted
Any plans to change this?

abraker wrote:

- Reaction is pretty much a combination of base score and agility bonus. Base score is just AR converted to score, that's why a lot of scores around the same value.
In my opinion, there should be more of an agility bonus

abraker wrote:

- Reaction skill is more related to needed reaction time than how hard the patterns are. So the patterns may be harder, but that doesn't mean you need faster reaction time. The difference between 805 and 816 means they pretty much require a similiar reaction time from you.
Yes, but they are much, much harder to read/sightread, and since "Reaction" measures that ( https://kurt.s-ul.eu/SjkV8YEv ) I think it should be reworked

abraker wrote:

- If you want a higher reaction score, don't use HD mod
Yep, I'm fine with DTHR giving more points than HDDTHR


abraker wrote:

Yea it might not be perfect. I think the process was: figure out if notes are poking into visible area (including approach circles), figure out if the player has enough time to figure out where the next note is, take into account size of visible area, and give bonus points for remembering which end of the slider it should be
Why not make it so that this doesn't exist at all? Sure, a lot of 1-3* maps are sightreadable, but those don't really give enough memory points to matter anyway.

Thanks for responding to my comments btw, I love osu!skills and I just want it to be the best it can be.
AquaAidan
I was wondering...

What is the difference between 'agility' and 'accuracy'?

I feel like their kinda the same thing
abraker

Kurtisdede wrote:

abraker wrote:

- Map length is not accounted for. Short maps you can spam retry are prob overweighted
Any plans to change this?
I don't think it will be the near future unfortunately. I want don't want to push for arbitrary fixes - I hate applying bandaid fixes as they are short term solutions and tend to introduce complexity. I still work on difficulty dev tho, doing replay/pattern analysis and trying to develop math for it backed by science. Unless kert (or somebody else via pull request) decides to push for changes, I'll be busy doing my own thing.

Kurtisdede wrote:

abraker wrote:

- Reaction skill is more related to needed reaction time than how hard the patterns are. So the patterns may be harder, but that doesn't mean you need faster reaction time. The difference between 805 and 816 means they pretty much require a similiar reaction time from you.
Yes, but they are much, much harder to read/sightread, and since "Reaction" measures that ( https://kurt.s-ul.eu/SjkV8YEv ) I think it should be reworked
So do you think it's more related to reading or just raw reaction?

Kurtisdede wrote:

abraker wrote:

Yea it might not be perfect. I think the process was: figure out if notes are poking into visible area (including approach circles), figure out if the player has enough time to figure out where the next note is, take into account size of visible area, and give bonus points for remembering which end of the slider it should be
Why not make it so that this doesn't exist at all? Sure, a lot of 1-3* maps are sightreadable, but those don't really give enough memory points to matter anyway.
Yea, maybe it's best to not give reaction for potentially sight readable FL plays. Again, don't expect it soon.

====

AquaAidan wrote:

I was wondering...

What is the difference between 'agility' and 'accuracy'?

I feel like their kinda the same thing
Agility has to do with aim
Accuracy has to do with hitting. Higher OD (tighter hit window) gives larger accuracy score, as well as more stamina intensive maps
sometimes

sometimes wrote:

this score is visible on my reaction page, but is nowhere to be found on memory http://osuskills.com/user/sometimes/skill/memory (and I'm pretty sure it's worth at least 7 points)
So is it a bug that the score shows on my reaction page but not on memory page? (should be around 260-300 points just by guessing based off of hddtfl being worth 245 points) Or is it actually worth less than 7 points.
Corne2Plum3
Why this map is missing, this is my top PP play...
beatmapsets/1207609#osu/2514777
Carlodium

Kert wrote:



Hey there!
Once upon a time I got an interesting idea of a system parallel/modification to Performance Points.
So I made a website for this too




Skill explanations for clarification:

Stamina - Tapping stamina
Tenacity - Streaming
Agility - Raw Aim
Precision - Ability to hit small circles
Reaction - Sight-reading
Reading - Aim related map reading
Memory - Flashlight performance
Accuracy - Rhythmic accuracy

The player also receives a"title" (or multiple titles) as a fun factor depending on the set of his best skills.

Future plans
  1. Reading skill
  2. Reaction skill - added!
  3. Memory skill - added!
  4. Player title badges - added!
  5. Overall skill-based rankings - added!
  6. Night mode - added!
  7. Mobile / tablet support - added!
  8. Personal userbars


Notice that only osu!standard is supported right now.

If you want to help us you can check and participate in some of the related discussion threads
What makes reading a map difficult?
Which map is harder? (Aim)
Best FL plays

Or you can improve code and calculations at:
https://github.com/Kert/osuSkills - calculator code
https://github.com/Kert/osuSkillsGUI - GUI for easier development

Developers: Kert, abraker, Full Tablet, Rust_omg
super idea!
abraker

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Why this map is missing, this is my top PP play...
beatmapsets/1207609#osu/2514777
I can't even manually enter it. I reported the issue to kert
Kurtisdede
http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/accuracy - Why does "Hanasaka Yui(CV: M.A.O) - Harumachi Clover (Djulus) [Hard] +HDDTHR (100%)" give way more Accuracy points than all of the stuff below it, when it's a lot easier in both stars and in OD - and not rhythmically complex either.
s0nolento
After I unlocked this "stumbler" medal I am unable to add scores manually.
abraker

Kurtisdede wrote:

http://osuskills.com/user/Kurtisdede/skill/accuracy - Why does "Hanasaka Yui(CV: M.A.O) - Harumachi Clover (Djulus) [Hard] +HDDTHR (100%)" give way more Accuracy points than all of the stuff below it, when it's a lot easier in both stars and in OD - and not rhythmically complex either.
Those acc scores look broke af

s0nolento wrote:

After I unlocked this "stumbler" medal I am unable to add scores manually.
Which scores are you trying to add?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply