1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

show more
posted
Just keep your tablet settings and your muscle memory will be fine after 2 month break. You'll even slightly improve over the next few days coz sleep learning.
posted
If u can save ur life from this game dont hesitate
posted

Reset- wrote:

If u can save ur life from this game dont hesitate
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
posted
I think you're good enough to not experience significant skill losses from not playing the game for a while, OP.

Hell, I tend to be better when I come back from a break.
posted
Another thing I'm worried about is that my AR10 reading would de-prove. I was able to read triplets and streams, but that's only after a few weeks if intense HR so I'm not sure if my reading would return after a break
posted
Stop searching for excuses, just uninstall.

I can also confirm what Maho said, a long break improves your skill if you played intensively up to it.
I recently had a break of roughly 10 days and hey, guess what, immediately FCd some shit I tried to for a good while before.
posted
why not both, ezpz unless you have 0 seconds of free time or want to do other things.
posted
osu! is love. osu! is life. <3
posted
Every consistent player have gone back slightly less or just as good as they were before quitting


I mean consistent in their playstyle, or maybe adaptative too. Either you're consistent at knowing how to use your hardware and technique, either you can easily adapt to new/small changes. In both cases, those players have little to no issue to get back to their level pre-hiatus


You may or may not be one of those players
posted

GoldenWolf wrote:

Every consistent player have gone back slightly less or just as good as they were before quitting


I mean consistent in their playstyle, or maybe adaptative too. Either you're consistent at knowing how to use your hardware and technique, either you can easily adapt to new/small changes. In both cases, those players have little to no issue to get back to their level pre-hiatus


You may or may not be one of those players
GoldenWolf's tracker...

DA MA TA RA
posted
A break would probably help in the long run, but it won't take long to regain the minuscule amount of skill you'll lose.
posted

Endaris wrote:

I recently had a break of roughly 10 days and hey, guess what, immediately FCd some shit I tried to for a good while before.
Can so relate. Why is "play more" relevant again?
posted

abraker wrote:

Endaris wrote:

I recently had a break of roughly 10 days and hey, guess what, immediately FCd some shit I tried to for a good while before.
Can so relate. Why is "play more" relevant again?
Because the sleep-bonus won't trigger unless you played more before the break.
posted
Play more then take break then come back stronger.
posted
if u are gud, u wil stay gud, and get ur rank bak ez.
posted

Endaris wrote:

Stop searching for excuses, just uninstall.
plz enjoy gemu or don't play gemu
posted
It would probably be good to play at least once a week, just to keep the ole fingers warmed and limber, but if you're addicted then this isn't an option. Uninstall and never come back.
posted
Yes playing rarely/sometimes/whatever is the worst option, I recommend either quitting completely or committing entirely
posted

Momiji wrote:

Yes playing rarely/sometimes/whatever is the worst option, I recommend either quitting completely or committing entirely
I call it shitplaying

and is probably why I have more hits than some people in the top100
posted

GoldenWolf wrote:

Every consistent player have gone back slightly less or just as good as they were before quitting


I mean consistent in their playstyle, or maybe adaptative too. Either you're consistent at knowing how to use your hardware and technique, either you can easily adapt to new/small changes. In both cases, those players have little to no issue to get back to their level pre-hiatus


You may or may not be one of those players
Osu! is not one of those games where you miss out when you don't play, whatever skills you have developed before would come back

currently waiting for rrtyui when he comes back
show more
Please sign in to reply.