1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
posted

Use cutting edge or osu!beta if you want the 'matte' sliderends!

The CTB elements are not final, and it is an experimental sort of design. If you have any sort of feedback for especially this, I would be very grateful if you could leave some!

Brief Introduction
Hello everybody! This is my second skin that I've pretty much tried to complete and make myself. This is a very different style to my previous skin, which tries to stay casual, but this one I tried to make it more serious (no anime stuff, etc, I know some will hate). I decided to make a "Hidden mod" version because I found that I needed an easier (to me) skin to play hidden with, but also just another version with less stuff (this version does not include other gamemode elements, only standard).

Once again, feel free to leave any feedback, whether it just be somethings wrong, or if you're enjoying it :)

Files to customize your scorebar can be found inside the skin folder. If you need help making your own scorebar, feel free to PM me, but otherwise it's not that hard with photoshop.

Hidden version removes hitnumbers, blank slider ends, features a different hitcircle (same as the sliderend in the normal), and a slightly different cursor.
puu.sh downloads
Normal variant
Hidden mod (+HD) variant

mirrored download
soon™

Why don't you provide other SD/.zip/whatever downloads?
If your game bugs out with .osk or other SD or HD problems, please bug report them to reduce bugs in the game. I do not support dodgy workarounds to counter such issues

Screenshots

Videos
soon™

1. 15th September 2015 - Initial forums release
  2. 16th September 2015 - Added CTB, changed menu-selection hover elements to make it look better

Some credits
I made all the visual elements, but the sounds are taken from common skin elements, or freesound under CC licensing.
posted
This looks freaking awesome.

You completely nailed the menu-background and the mod icons.
posted
Ranking letters suck, everything else Iooks promising enough.

PS. As far as I remember, Mania has no FC, so having ranking-perfect styled that way in a Mania ranking screen is barely misleading. That is, if Mania has really no FC.
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

PS. As far as I remember, Mania has no FC, so having ranking-perfect styled that way in a Mania ranking screen is barely misleading. That is, if Mania has really no FC.
You can FC in mania. It's just that you don't see them as often because of the way noodles work.

Also good work with the skin n 8-)
posted
Hey, let me tell you something.

GOOD F***ING JOB!
posted
Wow, this is really nice! great job!
posted
Thanks everyone for the comments <3 it took me a while to actually get up and release it lol

OsuMe65 wrote:

Thanks for the review, yeah now that I look back ranking letters do kinda look not as good as they could be with another font, but I guess I was happy enough. Also, this is a osu! standard intended skin, so o!m kinda has no relevance (although I was contemplating skinning it, not 100%).
posted
I think you got the hitcircle numbers wrong / swapped.
You can use dots for every mod even HD but numbers are way more useful for HD.
Reason is if you don't count and have a triplet with half a beat distance to a slider you can misread it as 2 half beats and completely misread the triplet since you skip out a number (you misread the triplet as 1,2 and slider as 3 instead of 1,2,3 and slider as 4).
posted
this is a great skin super enjoyable to play with and look at, really good job dude :)
posted
needs more modes for this skin
posted

Haskorion wrote:

I think you got the hitcircle numbers wrong / swapped.
You can use dots for every mod even HD but numbers are way more useful for HD.
Reason is if you don't count and have a triplet with half a beat distance to a slider you can misread it as 2 half beats and completely misread the triplet since you skip out a number (you misread the triplet as 1,2 and slider as 3 instead of 1,2,3 and slider as 4).
I'm fairly new to playing the hidden mod on a regular basis, and I felt that no hitnumbers felt better for me. However, feel free to mix the two skins together and make a beastly one for yourself! :P

Garin wrote:

this is a great skin super enjoyable to play with and look at, really good job dude :)
Thank you so much skin god Garin <3

nat2011 wrote:

needs more modes for this skin
I think your wish may be granted... I'm kinda working on CTB first as it's the easiest imo, then hopefully mania and if I have time I'll finish off the taiko.
It's going to take a while though...
posted
I've updated the skin with a catch the beat mode skin, but I'm not sure about the exact layout of it. Please leave feedback on it <3