forum

[Archived] Big offset Macbook

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Liamk
Problem Details:
I'm moving out to college, so I'll be playing from now on on my macbook. The problem is, that all of my maps have a lot of offset and it's not playable. I just thought that I suck for a second, but I checked timing on edit mode and everything has at least 1000 offset.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://postimg.org/image/ahpw9nv5t/

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
PizzaLovers007
The local offset is normal so don't worry about that. You might be experiencing input lag since you're on mac.

First you should make sure your universal offset is set correctly. You'll need to go into the options menu and find the offset wizard. Adjust until the ticks line up with the beat.

Next download this map and follow the instructions in the beatmap description: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/57424
This should give you an estimate on how much input lag you're getting.
Topic Starter
Liamk
Uhm, thanks for the reply. I checked that map and changed my offset setting. After that I tried to play some other maps and the offset is different at every map. I can't just change the offset everytime I want to play a map. Anyway I guess I'll just have to stop playing osu thanks to buying that piece of shit. I mean, my friend persuaded me to buy it, but at least he's got a console and I'll have nothing, cause that crap is not meant to be for games. I don't want to offend any apple fans, but rly, I've used it for some time and it only causes troubles, because most of the world uses .exe not .dmg and stuff. The topic can be closed then :(
PizzaLovers007
So did you actually try the keyboard latency test? The whole local offset thing per map is supposed to be like that. The millisecond time that you see is the exact time of which the first beat is. Not every map starts the first beat at 0 seconds.
Topic Starter
Liamk
I tried that test. The error rate is +/- 135ms. I can see that you believe that you could help that, so I'm gonna trust you and hope for the fix. :P
PizzaLovers007
Are you sure you're doing the test right? It should be something along the lines of "135 ms late" not +/- 135 ms. You have to go into edit mode to see that.

Also about the fix, I can't help there sorry. The mac version is kind of a hit or miss right now. I get a lot of input delay and others can't even get the game to run at all. The best thing to do is either wait for peppy to release the native mac client or try dual booting to windows.
Topic Starter
Liamk
Well, is booting hard to do? And won't it take some extra RAM memory? Just asking cause mac isn't the best one with hardware. And about the test I mean it gets always between 134 and 135ms.
PizzaLovers007
I suggest looking up a guide online if you want to dual boot. I believe you'll need a copy of windows if you want to do this.
Topic Starter
Liamk
Well as I got you here, a Mac user I guess, may I ask you another question? How do you play osu with build in Mac mouse acceleration? Or maybe you turned it off somehow? If yes, please, could you share this information, how to completely turn off mouse acceleration? Thanks in advance.
PizzaLovers007
I haven't found a way to turn off mouse acceleration. Your best bet would be to look for an external mouse driver like Steermouse or USB Overdrive to turn it off completely.