forum

How bad am I?

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZenithPhantasm
Im not sure how learning how to play whackamole is going to help you in a RHYTHM game. If yiu have a need to go fast and click circles you're betrer off playing a game like aimbooster or reflex or (insert aim training game here)
Yuudachi-kun
You clearly don't know the fun of 260-300 bpm streams and singletapping.
Synpoo

Khelly wrote:

You clearly don't know the fun of one and a half time.
Topic Starter
offusk

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Im not sure how learning how to play whackamole is going to help you in a RHYTHM game. If yiu have a need to go fast and click circles you're betrer off playing a game like aimbooster or reflex or (insert aim training game here)
It's not as though I am flailing around my screen, and not trying to stay on rhythm. It's more just that I like the feeling of there always being a note to quickly get to, rather than in a lot of hard or normal maps i kind of have to stop and wait for the timing before i can move on to the next note. I think the best way to describe it is that there is more a flow to it when I play insane maps. I'll try to step back to hard maps instead for now.
I Give Up
A +99% on hard diff is more impressive than a B rank score on insanes.
GoldenWolf
We told you what to play in order for you to properly improve, now that's your problem wether or not you have the motivation to overcome your laziness to go about it, we can't do it for you.

"The problem is i get really impatient with slower maps" is just an excuse to not play those maps, because you seek for a shortcut that would let you keep playing those maps way above your level while sitll improving. Hint: it's not happening.

But yeah, this is a rhythm game, not a whack-a-mole game. Having to wait for the next object to come n shit is a part of it. Your accuracy is literally terrible because you have no foundation, no clue how to follow a rhythm, you skipped the basics to go straight into the real stuff, and now you're fucked because everything below is feels boring, but you have no other way to improve your basics.
E m i
if you enjoy the game then better than me
StephOsu

offusk wrote:

The problem is i get really impatient with slower maps. I do like playing insane because I feel like I Have to keep up with it, rather than waiting for the notes. Maybe I should take a step down to hard until I get better though.

StephOsu wrote:

(unless you enjoy passing insanes instead of getting S on normal/hard, which in case plz enjoy gemu)
oh and also if you are clicking too early/late you can play around with the offset
GoldenWolf

StephOsu wrote:

oh and also if you are clicking too early/late you can play around with the offset
Don't toy with the offset if the problem is your lack of rhythm/control. Offset is meant to help with a wrongly timed map, not to band-aid your inability to follow a song
KanoSet

Momiji wrote:

if you enjoy the game then better than me
Topic Starter
offusk

GoldenWolf wrote:

We told you what to play in order for you to properly improve, now that's your problem wether or not you have the motivation to overcome your laziness to go about it, we can't do it for you.

"The problem is i get really impatient with slower maps" is just an excuse to not play those maps, because you seek for a shortcut that would let you keep playing those maps way above your level while sitll improving. Hint: it's not happening.

But yeah, this is a rhythm game, not a whack-a-mole game. Having to wait for the next object to come n shit is a part of it. Your accuracy is literally terrible because you have no foundation, no clue how to follow a rhythm, you skipped the basics to go straight into the real stuff, and now you're fucked because everything below is feels boring, but you have no other way to improve your basics.
I'm going back to try and fix that now. When I had first started playing with a friend of mine we didn't realize that you should stop to perfect what we were doing. Once we got to the point where we were simply finishing hard songs with ease, in our minds that was the signal to move on to the next level. Another way to put it I guess would be to say that we were playing to complete the songs not to score on them. I had just never really started playing for scores until after I had moved up into insane maps. Anyway thanks for the advice, although a few people on this thread only criticized and gave no constructive advice. Thanks for the help, I'm going to take a step back from the insanes and work on my basics.
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Hint: it's not happening.
if you make someone who has never played osu! before play big black for 5 hours a day for years he'll fc it eventually
pandaBee

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

Hint: it's not happening.
if you make someone who has never played osu! before play big black for 5 hours a day for years he'll fc it eventually
I don't think so, no.
Vuelo Eluko
that's how it works though, youll just never find a person willing to do it
pandaBee
No I'm pretty sure that's not how it works m8.
StephOsu

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i think this would happen
after 50 years of dedication that is
I Give Up
It take too long to focus on one hard map and it not worth because only a small portion of reading skill gained from learning one map transfer to other maps, so focusing on one map for entire game play is never a good thing.
GoldenWolf
You can't run if you don't learn how to walk first
Endaris

GoldenWolf wrote:

You can't run if you don't learn how to walk first
But you can try to run on all 4.
Never saw a toddler make a quick escape? :D

You'd still FC the big black earlier if you learned the game first and then started grinding the map
E m i
unless you're retarded like me and can only fc maps first try xd
meteor22
On a scale from 1 to hvick you are -42.
Vuelo Eluko

KukiMonster wrote:

It take too long to focus on one hard map and it not worth because only a small portion of reading skill gained from learning one map transfer to other maps, so focusing on one map for entire game play is never a good thing.
i didnt say it would transfer over did i?
I Give Up
why you ask me ._.
ZenithPhantasm
Will learning to play scarlet rose help me with HDHRDT? No I dont think so.