1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

posted
Some say hover and some say drag, what do you guys say? (I'm talking about tablets)
posted
I say it's a matter of preference, but personally I hover.
posted
I don't use a tablet for osu! but I drag whenever I draw on PaintTool SAI. Hovering to me, at least, feels less accurate since dragging is pretty much the same as drawing with a pencil on paper
posted
Do whatever feels the most comfortable to you. Doing anything uncomfortable makes you unable to focus on anything.
So just play a bit around and find what suits you the best.
posted
Moved to G&R

I used to tap everything since that meant snapping to every single note, but the downside is that it engages a complex movement that jerks you to a certain point. It's effective for what it does, but can be very taxing and sometimes hard to coordinate with the keyboard.

Never dragged; too much friction. I bet it'd be better with a smaller active area.

Hovering is nice since it requires a very simple movement and also allows you to adjust your movement, approximating the right distance as you go along. Real nice for patterns with equal distance snap, though I prefer tapping otherwise.
posted
Dragging can wear out nibs a lot faster but that's pretty much the only difference it makes.
posted
I drag for streams and sliders.
I hover to cover distance in between jumps and tend to hover spaced streams.

Other than that my pen nib makes brief contact with the tablet surface every snap.
posted
I think i'm getting a huion. What happens if i use ALL of my nibs?
posted
Buy 4 more for like $10 or something. Usually it takes a few months to wear away one with dragging. I think dustice drags and has something he does to combat nib issues but cant remember offhand.
posted

Mahogany wrote:

I say it's a matter of preference, but personally I hover.
show more